Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by rstrong »

clippy_trump.jpg

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I'm banned - even as a guest I can't even peek.

"Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
We're an adult forum, grow up.
This ban is not set to expire."

The shame cuts deep.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Clear your cookies. And if you cycle the power on your modem, you *might* get assigned a new IP address.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So this week we're at Glacier. Heading out for a hike this morning, and were getting our stuff together in the parking lot. Some guy was trying to sell a container of bear spray he had bought for his (completed) hike. He went to a couple parked next to us (40ish, Arizona plates), and they decided they would take it. The male of the couple says, "we don't know much about bear spray - do you just spray it on like bug spray?" :lol: :lol:

Jerri
Red Shirt

Unread post by Jerri »

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 pm
"So this week we're at Glacier. Heading out for a hike this morning, and were getting our stuff together in the parking lot. Some guy was trying to sell a container of bear spray he had bought for his (completed) hike. He went to a couple parked next to us (40ish, Arizona plates), and they decided they would take it. The male of the couple says, "we don't know much about bear spray - do you just spray it on like bug spray?" :lol: :lol:
I'da said a little dab'll do ya...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Resales are common if one is flying, often not allowed on planes even in checked luggage.

Some people spray thing they don't want a bear to get into. Minus the irritation from the spray it just makes things smell like food. :D
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"derserves"

alabamaderservesmoore.com
Try it.

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Can he legally call himself "Judge" anymore since he was removed from office and (I think) lost his law license? Oh yeah, it's Allerbamer and he never followed the law anyway.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

He was suspended, lost an appeal, resigned.

Can Dolt. 45 legally call himself "President" if he's impeached and convicted?
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Predictably, Wells Fargo loves Equifax and suggests investing heavily in the company
Wells Fargo is America's largest, most criminal bank, whose scandal-haunted recent history includes opening 2,000,000 fraudulent accounts and then blackballing whistleblower employees, prompting senate investigation; stealing houses from borrowers through widespread foreclosure fraud; stealing cars from 25,000 customers and defrauding 800,000 more with a criminal auto-loan racket; gouging small business owners on credit-card fees; and scamming millions of mortgage borrowers by signing them up for useless, expensive "home insurance" that they didn't request and couldn't use.
Former Equifax CEO Richard Smith collects $90M for his last year of outstanding work
Equifax CEO Richard Smith announced his voluntary retirement yesterday, two months after the catastrophic breach that permanently leaked 140,000,000 Americans' most compromising financial data.

Today, we learn what his exit package amounts to: $90,000,000.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:47 pm
Former Equifax CEO Richard Smith collects $90M for his last year of outstanding work
Equifax CEO Richard Smith announced his voluntary retirement yesterday, two months after the catastrophic breach that permanently leaked 140,000,000 Americans' most compromising financial data.

Today, we learn what his exit package amounts to: $90,000,000.
That sounds like a big number, but it's really only 64 cents per American's ruined financial security.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Was watching Mysteries at the Museum, learned for the first time ever about Adolfo Kaminsky.

French.
Jewish.
Learned stain removal and thus chemistry in his father's laundry.
Went to pick up his family's escape documents from the Resistance, ended up getting recruited for document forgery at 17 years old.
Saved the lives of 14,000 Jews and then many others once he was able to join the French Army in Europe. Mysteries at the Museum said "tens of thousands" total.

After WW2 helped:
Jewish resistance against the Brits in Israel;
The National Liberation Front of Algeria and French draft dodgers;
Various leftist movements from Latin America, Africa, Portugal (then under Salazar's dictatorship) and Francoist Spain.
Greeks struggling against the regime of the Colonels, and made false ID papers for American draft dodgers during the Vietnam War.

He always worked for free.

Wow. :-|| :-|| :-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Dear ____________ Residents,

There has been bear activity behind the condo at (next to my building). The bear has knocked over bird feeders and garbage cans.

The Sheriff says to bring in bird feeders at night and do not leave any food on porches. Also, be very careful if you are outside after dark.
Cool, though I wonder if they've got more evidence or if it could be raccoons.

I think I heard one of the garbage cans get knocked over the other night. I didn't investigate since there was no accompanying scream and it being a bear never occurred to me.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:10 am
Dear ____________ Residents,

There has been bear activity behind the condo at (next to my building). The bear has knocked over bird feeders and garbage cans.

The Sheriff says to bring in bird feeders at night and do not leave any food on porches. Also, be very careful if you are outside after dark.
Cool, though I wonder if they've got more evidence or if it could be raccoons.

I think I heard one of the garbage cans get knocked over the other night. I didn't investigate since there was no accompanying scream and it being a bear never occurred to me.

We have lots of bears. They do upset the neighborhood dogs, but the only damage I have heard of is to garbage cans.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

There is no difference between a bird feeder and a bear feeder.
My guess is that if nobody actually saw the bear, then they saw some bear poop. I'm surprised that there is any neighborhood in WNC where seeing a bear would prompt anybody to call the sheriff. Probably Floridian leaf peepers.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm pretty Hooterville-urban, but there is a creek that could be used as a wildlife corridor. I'm not sure what calling the sheriff was supposed to accomplish. maybe since it's a BLACK bear . . .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 am
...My guess is that if nobody actually saw the bear, then they saw some bear poop....
Yep, good guess. Excellent!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 pm
Was watching Mysteries at the Museum, learned for the first time ever about Adolfo Kaminsky....

Wow. :-|| :-|| :-||
Anderson Cooper profiles Adolfo Kaminsky on 60 Minutes tonight.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 am
There is no difference between a bird feeder and a bear feeder.
My guess is that if nobody actually saw the bear, then they saw some bear poop. I'm surprised that there is any neighborhood in WNC where seeing a bear would prompt anybody to call the sheriff. Probably Floridian leaf peepers.
We may have more bears than you do. I always thought it was the tourists for NC who call the cops over bear and alligator sightings.

They got my garbage last night and one took an absolutely huge shit on the sidewalk.