Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by O Really »

I think( hopefully) that there's a good chance for the Dems to pull this one off. IF, Moore was willing to quit, or IF the Alabama GOP was able to substitute on the ballot, then the Republican would likely win. But Moore's going to be on the ballot, and nothing in his history of chasing obvious losing causes like the 10 commandment issue would indicate he really will quit. I wouldn't put it past the GOP to try to knock him off, but that's probably just my imagination running overtime. But if he doesn't quit, there's a good chance he'll lose, according to poll trends now. The best thing for Dems would be if he doesn't quit and Strange (or somebody) mounts a last-minute write-in campaign. Even assuming enough Alabama Republicans know how to write, it would split the GOP vote sufficiently that Jones wouldn't really need to attract many extra people and could win with a plurality. Your hard-core Moore voters are going to vote for him no matter what, but almost half the Republican primary voters have already voted for somebody else once.
Damn it would be good for this to work!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

1992 campaign theme: It's the economy, stupid.

2017 campaign theme: It's the jailbait, stupid.

Common Ground

A guess: This will inspire other victims of pols to step forward, and some of the perps will be Dems.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 pm
... A guess: This will inspire other victims of pols to step forward, and some of the perps will be Dems.
That didn't take long. :wave:
Congresswoman Says At Least 2 Members Of Congress Are Sexual Harassers

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that she knows of two members of Congress who are currently in office ― a Democrat and a Republican ― who have sexually harassed staffers.

Speier has been an outspoken advocate for making it easier for individuals who work in Congress to report sexual misconduct. The current lengthy and convoluted process makes it difficult for accusers to step forward and discourages them from doing so.

Speier recently revealed that when she was a staffer on the Hill, the chief of staff in her office sexually assaulted her.

Since sharing her story, she said she has heard from a number of men and women, both current and former staffers, who have been subject to sexual harassment....
As a lobbyist in the mid-1980s I watched as a Dem state senator was treated to a belly dance for his birthday by one of his aides on the Senate floor while it was in session, with the full and enthusiastic support of leadership. I knew it was inappropriate back then, even though he and the dancer were already an item and they later wed.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

JTA wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 pm
I love that all those dumbasses were so quick to throw their support behind Roy Moore, including those 53 Alabama preachers. Now more information has come out concerning Moore's past. Like the fact that it was know he'd prowl malls and hit on teens. If those who supported Moore would've just kept quiet, they wouldn't have looked like hacks.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/ ... =emaildkre

BRANDON MOSELEY: "I still believe Roy Moore."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Poll: 37 percent of Alabama evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after allegations

... A JMC analytics poll found that 37 percent of evangelicals surveyed said the allegations make them more likely to vote for the GOP Senate candidate in the upcoming election.

Just 28 percent said the allegations made them less likely to vote for Moore and 34 percent said the allegations made no difference in their decision.

In all, 29 percent of respondents in the poll said the allegations against Moore would make them more likely to vote for him, compared to 38 percent overall who said the allegations would make them less likely to vote for the candidate....
Hey, it's just 'laying on of hands'.

I would support an FBI determination that evangelical Christianity is a child molestation ring.

Just when you thought that no one would come up with a more inane twist . . .

Limbaugh: Moore was a Democrat at time of sexual misconduct allegations
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So it turns out the "56 pastors still support Moore" was totally bogus. They took a letter and list prepared during the primary and edited it deceptively to appear to be current. Some of those on the list have already asked to be deleted. What a bunch of scum bags.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Would draft dodging pedophile rush give us credit if we ban bible roy from the democratic party forever?

Slogan

Vote Democratic
The Party that isn't
Roy Moore
Rush Limbo
Sean Hannity
that Gomert guy
etc
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm
So it turns out the "56 pastors still support Moore" was totally bogus. They took a letter and list prepared during the primary and edited it deceptively to appear to be current. Some of those on the list have already asked to be deleted. What a bunch of scum bags.

Typical

When can we get back to the real business of locking Hillary up?

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:36 pm

As a lobbyist in the mid-1980s I watched as a Dem state senator was treated to a belly dance for his birthday by one of his aides on the Senate floor while it was in session, with the full and enthusiastic support of leadership. I knew it was inappropriate back then, even though he and the dancer were already an item and they later wed.
Inappropriate, sure, but not at all unusual back then. Hell, if the worst that happened in offices in the 80's was a birthday belly dance, it was a pretty dull office. But I am absolutely confident that there is a lot of bad behaviour that's gone on more recently and still, in any political party. Lot of alpha-type men, who think overly highly of themselves and hold relative power... what could possibly go wrong there?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!:

I wonder how many of them have been getting really nasty comms for appearing to be supporting a child molester.

It was posted and possibly edited by
"Kayla Moore—the wife of Alabama senate candidate and deeply conservative Christian Roy Moore".
Stockholm Syndrome? Gonna be hard to blame some unauthorized campaign aide. There's more:
... Meanwhile, Waldron claimed the letter was cleared with him and that he still supports Moore, describing the allegations as “outright lies.” But he also acknowledged that he currently resides in Florida, and only lived in Alabama for “four months.” At least five other signers of the letter also appear to reside in states other than Alabama, despite it being addressed to “friends and fellow Alabamians.”
Sometimes, I even get surprised by the sleaze.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yo.

I was thinking.

Do you think there's any correlation between being deeply religous and being obsessed with Hillary Clinton? Hillary Clinton is to conservative politics what the devil is to Evangelical Christians.

She is STILL being brought up. All. The. Time. Just the other day at trivia, someone's team name was "Hillary is a bitch".

She's like the devil lurking in the shadows trying to tear things up. She's even got her own evil realm that she rules - the deep state/shadow government.

If things aren't going as planned, it must be the devil's, I mean Hillary's, fault, not our own incompetence.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's the Russian troll script, or Hillary clearly engineered all of this:

Hannity defends Moore.
Decent people are outraged.
Keurig stops advertising on Hannity.
RWNJs smash the Keurig coffee makers that Keurig has already made its profit from.
Keurig CEO backtracks.
Hannity ditches Moore.
Hannity, Moore, RWNJs and the Keurig CEO are all fools.
Decent people, girls and women win, again.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 am
It's the Russian troll script, or Hillary clearly engineered all of this:

Hannity defends Moore.
Decent people are outraged.
Keurig stops advertising on Hannity.
RWNJs smash the Keurig coffee makers that Keurig has already made its profit from.
Keurig CEO backtracks.
Hannity ditches Moore.
Hannity, Moore, RWNJs and the Keurig CEO are all fools.
Decent people, girls and women win, again.

Between 5 and 6 you left out the RWNJs replacing their Keurigs.

O Really
Admiral

Smashing up something you already own and ostensibly like is incredibly stupid. Made a nice entertaining story with the YouTube vids and all, but I wonder how many people actually did that. I can hear it now, "we need a new coffee maker Honey. I smashed ours because Keurig isn't advertising on a talk radio show because the host defended a pedophile and derided the accusers." Reaction from Honey probably wouldn't be very good.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Remember, 'Honey' is already married to a Hannity fan, it may not be a surprise to her.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 pm
Between 5 and 6 you left out the RWNJs replacing their Keurigs.
6 months from now it will be revealed by AL Sen. Doug Jones (D) that Hannity and Keurig conspired to get idiot RWNJs to buy replacement covfefe makers.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I guess it's a good thing it was Keurig instead of Ford that dropped Hannity. I'd hate to see a lot of F-150's go to waste.

O Really
Admiral

Volvo advertised on Hannity?

We have spoken with our media agency and have advised them to cease advertising on the show.
— Volvo Car USA (@VolvoCarUSA) November 13, 2017

Can't expect many in its demographic to be Hannity nuts, can they? But if they are, then hell, bring on the camera and sledge.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: You beat me to it.

Volvo pulled its ads from Hannity, but it's not like many Hannity viewers own Volvos, anyhow.

Found:
Subway has been looking for a new spokesman for a while now.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

In the words of the Comedy Central show The Opposition with Jordan Klepper, the attorney for a group founded by Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, Trenton Garmon, has a hard time communicating with nonwhite people.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/929355700089827328
"Roy Moore's lawyer Trenton Garmon appears to be a pretty weird dude."

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/11/roy-m ... li-velshis
"Ali's from Canada. Ali's from Canada."

Surprised?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) poll: Moore trails Jones by 12

Alabama helped elect Putin's Agent Orange.
Putin's Agent Orange created the vacancy by making Lying Sessions AG.
Putin's Agent Orange inadvertently helped Moore win the primary.
Liartbart's Bannon directly helped Moore win the primary.
Moore has now helped Dem Jones win the Alabama Senate seat.
The GOP majority will now be a shaky 51.
Perfect.
1312. ETTD.