President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

From the right-wing "Townhall" ...

"Donald Trump has many serious flaws, including incorrigible dishonesty, rampant narcissism, contempt for women and a fashion sense that makes him think that hairstyle is flattering. But nothing compares to his most prominent, crippling and incurable defect: He's dimmer than a 5-watt bulb." :lol:

https://townhall.com/columnists/stevech ... b-n2404569

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 am

"Donald Trump has many serious flaws, including incorrigible dishonesty, rampant narcissism, contempt for women and a fashion sense that makes him think that hairstyle is flattering. But nothing compares to his most prominent, crippling and incurable defect: He's dimmer than a 5-watt bulb." :lol:

:D :thumbup: Worth reading the whole thing, not too long and just as scathing throughout.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 am

I call moron

"Trump relies on a vocabulary the size of a fourth-graders. To combat opioid abuse among teens, he favors "telling them, 'No good, really bad for you in every way.'" Those paper towels he tossed to a crowd in Puerto Rico were "very good towels." He wanted to call the tax reform bill "the Cut Cut Cut Act."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Trump on cultural sensitivity:

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I've been saying this, but without knowing 100% that it's true. It's good to see the detailing and academic/historical perspective laid out.

Trump is Leading the Most Corrupt Administration in U.S. History, One of First-Class Kleptocrats
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Trump needs to hire these women. They're better than him at doubling down on an already obvious lie.

Weather that didn't exist
Sharks doing things they don't do
Broken radios and masts that aren't broken
And now these ungrateful assholes searching for their 15 minutes on the TV and a book deal are blaming the rescuers for trying to kill them.

Americans Saved at Sea Claim Rescuers Tried to Sink Them http://nbcnews.to/2yHV50Z
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

I'm no sailor, although Lady O has sailed a lot including in a really cool pic I have of her at the helm of a retired America's Cup ship, but even I saw major suspicion in that "shipwreck" story. Like why would they have "a years worth" of food for an expected 18-day voyage? Why did they refuse to stop at places where larger vessels go in and out all the time - and even if they couldn't' get into the harbor, they were close enough somebody could have come out for them. Why not use the beacon? The "we weren't desperate enough" just doesn't cut it. Lady O says the "disabled" engine shouldn't have been a problem in the open sea unless they had no sail control at all. It's not like they could have gotten 2700 miles on engine power. Bad idea poorly executed.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:21 pm
I'm no sailor, although Lady O has sailed a lot including in a really cool pic I have of her at the helm of a retired America's Cup ship, but even I saw major suspicion in that "shipwreck" story. Like why would they have "a years worth" of food for an expected 18-day voyage? Why did they refuse to stop at places where larger vessels go in and out all the time - and even if they couldn't' get into the harbor, they were close enough somebody could have come out for them. Why not use the beacon? The "we weren't desperate enough" just doesn't cut it. Lady O says the "disabled" engine shouldn't have been a problem in the open sea unless they had no sail control at all. It's not like they could have gotten 2700 miles on engine power. Bad idea poorly executed.

Yeah, the broken mast story never fit the rescue photos of a intact mast and sloppy rigging

She said something like - Me and the boys (dogs) were below deck lying on the floor. The sharks were right under us and could smell us through the hull. I told the boys to be quite.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

They're just too embarrassed to discuss the alien abduction and all that probing.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:49 pm
They're just too embarrassed to discuss the alien abduction and all that probing.
I haven't heard from the other girl. Could this have been a variation of the old, "I really did run out of gas on this deserted road - we should make the best of it until someone comes along" ploy?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

The Carrier plant in Indiana is going through another set of layoffs. The jobs Trump said he was going to save. Everything Trump is like that shoddy fake jewelry you buy at the flea market. It looks pretty and lasts long enough for you to buy it before the fake gold enamel starts cracking and falling off revealing it's really just made of shittiest, cheapest quality plastic.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Twitter Slams Donald Trump For Tweeting Condolences About The Wrong Mass Shooting

:crazy: Lots of good tweets there.

Comments:
I don't know whether that's a testament to how inept Trump is when it comes to national diplomacy or a sad realization of how easy it is to forget which shooting you're supposed to be feeling sad about this time in the US.
Both?
A recent survey showed that 1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2!
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Nowadays when juvenile internet culture has become mainstream, everything can simply be chalked up to "trolling" to be given a pass while at the same time denigrating the "other team" for being too dumb to recognize the "troll".

This is what they did with the cofveve tweet, anyway.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:51 am
Twitter Slams Donald Trump For Tweeting Condolences About The Wrong Mass Shooting

:crazy: Lots of good tweets there.

Comments:
I don't know whether that's a testament to how inept Trump is when it comes to national diplomacy or a sad realization of how easy it is to forget which shooting you're supposed to be feeling sad about this time in the US.
Both?
A recent survey showed that 1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2!
:thumbup:

Shhhh, Numbnuts deleted it, no one will ever know.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Latest Trump Tweet:

Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!

Tweets today: 15
In my lifetime the US government and others have gotten thousands of Americans released from foreign detention. I have never seen one of them be so self-involved and insecure as to demand a ‘thank you’. Dolt .45 did get thanked by all 3 players, but his whining is pathetic by any standard.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Families of Navajo Code Talkers decry Trump's political jab

Not only did Dolt. 45 manage to dishonor Navajo war veterans by making the event about him, his racism and his childish insecurity, but his entire team made this ignorant and offensive choice:
... Trump made the comment as he stood near a portrait of President Andrew Jackson, which he hung in the Oval Office in January. Trump admires Jackson's populism. But Jackson is an unpopular figure in Indian Country because his policies led to the forced removal of American Indians out of their southern homelands....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The Huckleberry woman said, "that seeing Trump's use of "Pocahontas" as a racial slur was a "ridiculous response," because it was not."

And we all know that the huckleberry family is god fearing and would never lie.

O Really
Admiral

I want to know why Trump doesn't call Senator Jeanne Shaheen "Pocahontas." She really is a direct descendant of Pocahontas. And why isn't she complaining about Trump's use of the name? Remember back in the day when Bush the Younger was roasted for his use of nicknames for his staff because they were often (good-naturedly) offensive or derogotory? And now it's normal for the President to use names he intends to be derogotory toward members of Congress while making a commemorative speech? The country is totally fucked.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Eric Trump Defends Dad's 'Pocahontas' Slur, But Twitter Claps Back Hard

Seems that all of them besides Tiffany compete to be just as stupid as daddy.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald Trump's Empty Chair Stunt Backfires Hilariously

:lol: Too many good ones there for me to pick favorites to highlight.
1312. ETTD.