vp Q-tip

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: vp Q-tip

Unread post by O Really »

Meanwhile Paul Ryan is keeping his head down and hoping nobody notices he's next in line behind Dence.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I know q-tip ain't one of this particular religion of chosen people, but he's awful damn close.

What the hell is wrong with these people? I guess it's their religion.

"Some ultra-Orthodox, or Haredi, Jewish men say their religion’s modesty laws forbid them from sitting beside any woman who is not their wife."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 89006.html
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Except for erratic twits and looming nuclear war,
VP may be worse than the trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dem ... don-power/

Funerals for fetuses and rallies for felons.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:33 pm
I know q-tip ain't one of this particular religion of chosen people, but he's awful damn close.

What the hell is wrong with these people? I guess it's their religion.

"Some ultra-Orthodox, or Haredi, Jewish men say their religion’s modesty laws forbid them from sitting beside any woman who is not their wife."
Don't think religion. Think "scandal-proofing."

Wikipedia: 2017–18 United States political sexual scandals

(To repeat: That's just 2017/2018.)

Pence has been surrounded by all so many men who have been "falsely" accused of improper sexual conduct around women. Targeted with false claims, as Trump, Moore, Gingrich and many others insist. So any time he deals with women, he'll ensure that there are witnesses around. Preferably his wife.

Of course, the same won't happen with lobbyists.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

You could have stopped with:
rstrong wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:02 pm
Pence has been surrounded by all so many men.
Nttawwt.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Pence is acting like the kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar

The investigation should end for the good of the country before my crimes are exposed

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... wrap-it-up

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 am
Pence is acting like the kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar

The investigation should end for the good of the country before my crimes are exposed

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... wrap-it-up
George Will: Pence has chosen to be 'horrifying'

Conservative commentator George Will dubbed Vice President Mike Pence "the worst person in government," in an op-ed published in The Washington Post on Wednesday.

Will condemned Pence for his praise of former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio at a rally last week in Tempe, Ariz. Arpaio, who is running for retiring Sen. Jeff Flake's (R) Senate seat, was convicted of contempt of court last year for refusing to cease the racial profiling of Hispanic people at traffic stops for immigration checks.

Will questioned Pence's support for Arpaio, whom he called a "criminal" and "a grandstanding, camera-chasing bully and darling of the thuggish right."

"[W]hat was the practicality in Pence’s disregard of the facts about Arpaio? His pandering had no purpose beyond serving Pence’s vocation, which is to ingratiate himself with his audience of the moment," Will wrote....

The columnist and frequent Trump critic went on to say that the president "knew" Pence could "become America’s most repulsive public figure."

"Because his is the authentic voice of today’s lickspittle Republican Party, he clarifies this year’s elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing," Will said....
:shock: :thumbup: :clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Pence family gas stations left costly environmental legacy

Private profit, socialized risk, it's the GOP way.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:22 pm

He keeps getting dirtier. Wonder why Dems didn't expose this before. Oh wait, now I remember, we assume that everyone already knows.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 pm
Vrede too wrote:

He keeps getting dirtier. Wonder why Dems didn't expose this before. Oh wait, now I remember, we assume that everyone already knows.
... The collapse of Kiel Bros. Oil Co. in 2004 was widely publicized. Less known is that the state of Indiana — and, to a smaller extent, Kentucky and Illinois — are still on the hook for millions of dollars to clean up more than 85 contaminated sites across the three states, including underground tanks that leaked toxic chemicals into soil, streams and wells....

To assess the pollution costs, the AP reviewed thousands of pages of court documents, tax statements, business filings and federal financial disclosures, as well as federal and state environmental records for Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois. The total financial impact isn't clear because Indiana officials have yet to release cost figures for 12 contaminated areas. Other records are incomplete, redacted or missing....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 pm
Vrede too wrote:

... The collapse of Kiel Bros. Oil Co. in 2004 was widely publicized. Less known is that the state of Indiana — and, to a smaller extent, Kentucky and Illinois — are still on the hook for millions of dollars to clean up more than 85 contaminated sites across the three states, including underground tanks that leaked toxic chemicals into soil, streams and wells....

To assess the pollution costs, the AP reviewed thousands of pages of court documents, tax statements, business filings and federal financial disclosures, as well as federal and state environmental records for Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois. The total financial impact isn't clear because Indiana officials have yet to release cost figures for 12 contaminated areas. Other records are incomplete, redacted or missing....
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the leaking underground tanks were covered by the super fund trust that these big polluters paid into.

I am 100% sure that lil bush ended the fund, leaving clean up to the taxpayer. Something about undue burden on the poor businesses, or some such cheney speak.

At one time Pensacola had more super fund sites than anywhere in the country. May still be so.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Here’s How Much It Cost For The Vice President Not To Watch An NFL Game
Mike Pence took pains to execute last year’s anthem stunt at a Colts game, newly released docs show.

... Newly released documents from the Department of Homeland Security show more clearly that Pence’s early departure was a stunt — and not a cheap one at that. The Secret Service on Friday released receipts and folios indicating more than $75,000 in expenses, including hotels, travel and additional security measures.

But this is hardly the extent of the bill. As The Washington Post reported in the days after the game, Air Force Two costs approximately $43,000 an hour to operate, which the Post estimated meant a total bill of $250,000 for the flight alone. That’s to say nothing of the cost of local law enforcement, an extra ambulance and extra trauma teams at the local hospitals, with many of these supernumeraries making overtime for Sunday work. None of those expenses was included in the Secret Service’s cost breakdown. All told, it cost $325,000 at the very least for the vice president not to watch a football game....

The dates on the documents lend further credence to the notion this was a hastily planned stunt and not, as a Pence aide claimed to CNN, an event planned “for weeks” so that the vice president could watch a ceremony honoring former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. The walkways, rented from an event company based out of Cincinnati, were ordered only the Friday before the game and a lodging addendum for the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport was signed just three days before the game.

The walkways were also scheduled to be picked up at 4 p.m. on Sunday, but any football fan knows a game with a 1 p.m. kickoff is no sure bet to end by 4. (The game ended up going into overtime, taking three hours and 32 minutes.) Pence’s pool reporters were told by a staffer that day that Pence “may depart the game early,” but the staffer “did not indicate how early.” ...
Racist, chickenhawk, abuser of taxpayers, liar.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Racist, chickenhawk, abuser of taxpayers, liar.
Wow! That's horrible! Just downright horrible, I say!
I wonder how much it would have cost had it been Tim Kaine in that situation?
Geeze Louise, I'm going to write my congressman about these damn perks!
(anybody know who writes for Dear Abby now? or Ann Landers? They should ought to know about this too!)
Damn. I'm really pissed now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Watching a replay of the POSPOTUS/Democrat meeting in the oval.

Pence looks constipated.

The Sanders woman looks mortified/disgusted.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm
Watching a replay of the POSPOTUS/Democrat meeting in the oval.

Pence looks constipated.

The Sanders woman looks mortified/disgusted.
Yeah, I saw it, too. It was a fucking fiasco. Good thing Pence had that lobotomy back in the summer of 16.....it helps with the perpetual half smile and ghoulish adoration sort of look he always bestows on the Trumper. Pence is the biggest and maybe only reason not to shitcan Trump. Pence is worse than Spiro Agnew and Dan Quayle combined. Pence looks like somebody they found on some other planet in an original Star Trek episode. He has always looked like he does now. This is bad business.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

waaaaaa q-tip and mommie are so offended that the people they offended and ostracized actually criticised them for being offensive.

The Washington Post: Pence says criticism of wife’s job at anti-LGBT Christian school is ‘deeply offensive to us’.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... ensive-us/

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 pm
waaaaaa q-tip and mommie are so offended that the people they offended and ostracized actually criticised them for being offensive.

The Washington Post: Pence says criticism of wife’s job at anti-LGBT Christian school is ‘deeply offensive to us’.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... ensive-us/
Well, I guess we're even on that score. I am deeply offended that the VP and his wife are such bigots and hypocrites. Pence should get a second lobotomy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vice President Pence has responded vehemently to criticism surrounding his wife’s decision to teach at a private school that seeks to exclude homosexual and transgender students and staff members....
Ironic that VP Q-tip would not be allowed to work there.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:43 pm
Vice President Pence has responded vehemently to criticism surrounding his wife’s decision to teach at a private school that seeks to exclude homosexual and transgender students and staff members....
Ironic that VP Q-tip would not be allowed to work there.

Even more ironic that he is VP, but oh so American that he isn't in prison for family environmental crimes.