War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: War on Women

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:23 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am
There are submarines with 4,001 crew? Wow.
She's informed in ways we little people can't begin to imagine. Just ask her.
:lol: :lol:

"What do you think is going to happen when you go on a submarine for 12 months with 4,000 horny soldiers?"

Despite the overcrowding, she should smell a rat to begin with. Submarines don't have soldiers as crew.
Generally speaking, people who think their own shit smells like roses can't smell rats either.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:46 am
Crew on the biggest subs is, I think, well under 200. I'd think it's unlikely that these sailors are any hornier than the average sailor on other vessels.
200 or 4,000 .... look at it from the opposite angle. She'll die happy. Unless she's :gayhappy:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:23 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am
There are submarines with 4,001 crew? Wow.
She's informed in ways we little people can't begin to imagine. Just ask her.
:lol: :lol:

"What do you think is going to happen when you go on a submarine for 12 months with 4,000 horny soldiers?"

Despite the overcrowding, she should smell a rat to begin with. Submarines don't have soldiers as crew.
Generally speaking, people who think their own shit smells like roses can't smell rats either.
:lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Trump Administration Shocks Global Health Officials by Opposing Pro-Breastfeeding Resolution

When global health officials gathered this spring for the World Health Assembly, they thought a resolution that would encourage breast-feeding would be one of the easiest items on their agenda. After all, its purpose was simple enough: recognizing decades of research that says breast milk is healthiest for babies and calling on countries should limit misleading marketing claims that state otherwise. But then the U.S. delegation got involved, and didn’t just oppose the resolution but began threatening countries that wanted to introduce the measure, reveals the New York Times.

The U.S. officials wanted delegates at the U.N.-affiliated World Health Assembly to tone down the resolution in what looked like an effort to side with manufacturers of infant formula. Specifically, they wanted the document to not include language that would call on countries to “protect, promote, and support breastfeeding” while also slashing calls to restrict marketing of food products that are seen as detrimental for young children.

Ecuador had planned to introduce the measure but after threats of economic retaliation it decided to drop the initiative. Advocates then began searching for another sponsor “but at least a dozen countries, most of them poor nations in Africa and Latin America, backed off, citing fears of retaliation,” reports the New York Times. Russia then took up the issue and decided to introduce the resolution. The American officials did not threaten Russia.

“We were astonished, appalled and also saddened,” said Patti Rundall, the policy director of the British advocacy group Baby Milk Action. “What happened was tantamount to blackmail.” The Department of Health and Human Services defended the opposition to the resolution saying that it “placed unnecessary hurdles for mothers seeking to provide nutrition to their children.”
:wtf:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:33 pm
Woman fights back...
https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/waitress- ... =flipboard
surrr---prise!!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 pm
O Really wrote:
Woman fights back...
https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/waitress- ... =flipboard
surrr---prise!!
that's funny (not the butt touching part, but everything after was hilarious)
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 am
That's what I mean. Surprise buddy, you just got your ass kicked! :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:
Woman fights back...
https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/waitress- ... estaurant/
... He spent two days in jail ...
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:19 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:
Woman fights back...
makes it even funnier. she damn sure gave him a lesson on women's issues.

I'm betting he can pass the test now.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:19 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:
Woman fights back...
makes it even funnier. she damn sure gave him a lesson on women's issues.

I'm betting he can pass the test now.
surrr---prise #2

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Brett Kavanaugh's One Abortion Case

Spoiler: It doesn't bode well for women or immigrants.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Audio Emerges of Minnesota Congressman Complaining About Not Being Able to Call Women 'Sluts'

... Lewis made numerous other derogatory comments on his show over the years, some of which drew notice from media outlets including The Atlantic. In November 2012, CNN reports, he suggested that women who make birth control a voting priority are not human beings. “This one, if you’re that far down the road and you say you’re a human being, I’ve got my suspicions. You’re not, you’re without a brain,” he said. “You have no, you have no cognitive function whatsoever. If that’s all it takes to buy you off.”

In a December 2012 segment, he returned to the sexist narrative in saying that, “Only we can tell our young women, ‘Don’t look like some slut and you won’t get hit on,'” CNN reports.

Lewis, who narrowly won his seat in 2016, is being challenged for reelection by Democrat Angie Craig, who was also one of his competitors in the 2016 race. The Cook Political Report considers the race a toss-up.
RealClearPolitics also thinks MN2 is a toss-up.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 pm
Audio Emerges of Minnesota Congressman Complaining About Not Being Able to Call Women 'Sluts'

... Lewis made numerous other derogatory comments on his show over the years, some of which drew notice from media outlets including The Atlantic. In November 2012, CNN reports, he suggested that women who make birth control a voting priority are not human beings. “This one, if you’re that far down the road and you say you’re a human being, I’ve got my suspicions. You’re not, you’re without a brain,” he said. “You have no, you have no cognitive function whatsoever. If that’s all it takes to buy you off.”

In a December 2012 segment, he returned to the sexist narrative in saying that, “Only we can tell our young women, ‘Don’t look like some slut and you won’t get hit on,'” CNN reports.

Lewis, who narrowly won his seat in 2016, is being challenged for reelection by Democrat Angie Craig, who was also one of his competitors in the 2016 race. The Cook Political Report considers the race a toss-up.
RealClearPolitics also thinks MN2 is a toss-up.

the article almost makes Angie seem like a shoe-in, but what makes these seemingly career ending public statements this idiot made in 2012 and 2013 become more important in 2018 than they were in 2016 when he won his first ever race?

wiki says

"The (2016)race was widely considered to be one of 2016's most competitive congressional elections.[13][19][20]"

"During the campaign, a number of Lewis's opinions from his radio and internet career were publicized by the news media, including comments he made about women and slavery. Lewis said on his radio show: "You've got a vast majority of young single women who couldn't explain to you what GDP means. You know what they care about? They care about abortion. They care about abortion and gay marriage. They care about 'The View.' They are non-thinking."[19]
In an update to his book on states' rights just before the campaign, Lewis questioned the federal government's role in outlawing slavery: "In fact, if you really want to be quite frank about it, how does somebody else owning a slave affect me? It doesn’t. If I don’t think it is right, I won’t own one, and people always say ‘well if you don’t want to marry somebody of the same sex, you don’t have to, but why tell somebody else they can’t. Uh, you know if you don’t want to own a slave, don’t. But don’t tell other people they can’t."[21]"

it's in his book, he wrote a fucking book and put this in his book. is wasn't just some, oh, I didn't mean it, it was a joke, crap spewed in a heated conversation - he put it in a book

hope the forum doesn't mind me repeating part of one of his comments a second time. it's all insane, but it really sticks out to me that he actually said,

"how does somebody else owning a slave affect me? It doesn’t. If I don’t think it is right, I won’t own one,"

and she still lost

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm
the article almost makes Angie seem like a shoe-in, but what makes these seemingly career ending public statements this idiot made in 2012 and 2013 become more important in 2018 than they were in 2016 when he won his first ever race? ...
MN2 is con.
Obama 2012 was the only recent Dem winner, by 0.1%.
It votes GOP for the House by 8-27%. In 2016 Angie Craig lost by just 2%.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota ... l_district

Since then, Women's March, #MeToo, POSPOTUS catastrophe. Maybe this is the year.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 pm
the article almost makes Angie seem like a shoe-in, but what makes these seemingly career ending public statements this idiot made in 2012 and 2013 become more important in 2018 than they were in 2016 when he won his first ever race? ...
MN2 is con.
Obama 2012 was the only recent Dem winner, by 0.1%.
It votes GOP for the House by 8-27%. In 2016 Angie Craig lost by just 2%.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota ... l_district

Since then, Women's March, #MeToo, POSPOTUS catastrophe. Maybe this is the year.
gotta hope so. I'm not so sure that a politicians could get away with talking out loud in public about it being okay to own slaves and call women sluts even in alabama or the Carolinas.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm
gotta hope so. I'm not so sure that a politicians could get away with talking out loud in public about it being okay to own slaves and call women sluts even in alabama or the Carolinas.
Maybe South Carolina. ;)

This bill is critical for survivors of sexual violence
Tell your member of Congress:
"Cosponsor the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2018."

Trump's Supreme Court Nominee Threatens Contraception Access, Too
"Overturning Roe could do much more than curtail access to safe and legal abortion."

Since its beginning, the Trump administration has been open about its plans to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion nationwide. President Donald Trump promised us in 2016, “If we put another two or perhaps three justices on — that will happen. And that will happen automatically, in my opinion, because I am putting prolife justices on the Court.” In 2016, Vice President Mike Pence said, “If we appoint strict constructionists to the Supreme Court, as Donald Trump intends to do, I believe we’ll see Roe v. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history.”

And now with the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, they may be on course to do just that. As unimaginable as that may be for many Americans, overturning Roe could do much more than just curtail access to safe and legal abortion.

As the Center for Reproductive Rights has indicated, the decision in Roe also provided the basis for many other critical rights, including the right to marry and to have children. If the Supreme Court really wanted to undo the legal right to privacy that is recognized in Roe v. Wade, it could also turn to Griswold v. Connecticut, where the Court affirmed the constitutional privacy right to use contraception.

Members of the Court have already challenged privacy as a constitutional right, and specifically its use in Griswold to protect contraception access. Chief Justice Roberts has referenced the “so-called ‘right to privacy… such an amorphous right is not to be found in the Constitution.” Justice Thomas also called the right to privacy, as found in the Constitution, an “invention.” In 2014, Justice Alito wrote the 5-4 decision against coverage of contraception in the Hobby Lobby case, noting that according to the plaintiffs’ religious beliefs — and against the medical community and the Food and Drug Administration — the “contraceptive methods at issue are abortifacients.”

They are not....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

I'm guessing they didn't want to see the sores on her titty. :cussing: