Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by O Really »

I wouldn't particularly care if somebody shot him, or hung him up in his yard, but I'm not real comfortable with the gummint people being the ones calling for his ouster. I'd rather see him ostracized, ridiculed, and socially trashed, but I've got a feeling his (claimed) 3,000 subscribers probably agree with him. This can't be the first stupid racist right-wing rant he's written.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:24 pm
I wouldn't particularly care if somebody shot him, or hung him up in his yard, but I'm not real comfortable with the gummint people being the ones calling for his ouster.

It's pretty low hanging fruit to oppose the Klan, and they were going to get asked about him soon if they hadn't been already.

I'd rather see him ostracized, ridiculed, and socially trashed,

In progress:
Goodloe Sutton

February 19, 2019 - Within the last few hours, the School of Communication at the University of Southern Mississippi learned of Mr. Goodloe Sutton’s call for violence and the return of the Ku Klux Klan. Mr. Sutton’s subsequent rebuttals and attempts at clarification only reaffirm the misguided and dangerous nature of his comments.

The School of Communication strongly condemns Mr. Sutton’s remarks as they are antithetical to all that we value as scholars of journalism, the media, and human communication. Our University’s values of social responsibility and citizenship, inclusion and diversity, and integrity and civility are the foundation upon which we have built our School and its programs.

Mr. Sutton was inducted into the Hall of Fame of the School of Mass Communication & Journalism, the predecessor to the School of Communication, in 2007 based on his anti-corruption articles and editorials in the 1990s that earned him and his wife Jean numerous national and international journalism awards.

In light of Mr. Sutton’s recent and continued history of racist remarks, however, the School of Communication has removed his place in our Hall of Fame.
That was fast. :-||

but I've got a feeling his (claimed) 3,000 subscribers probably agree with him.

Surprising to me, and kinda sad:
Linden, Alabama

Linden is a city in and the county seat of Marengo County, Alabama, United States. The population was 2,123 at the 2010 census.

... The racial makeup of the city was 52.43% White, 46.20% Black or African American, 0.17% Native American, 0.33% Asian, and 0.87% from two or more races. 1.07% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Notable people

Ralph Abernathy, civil rights leader
William J. Alston, United States Representative to the Thirty-first Congress
Frank Evans, professional baseball player in the Negro Leagues
Lucy Hannah, oldest African-American person ever, the second-oldest person ever from the United States and the world's third oldest person ever
Sean Richardson, safety for the Green Bay Packers
Roy Rogers, professional basketball player and coach
All black except, I think, for Alston.
Marengo County, Alabama

Marengo County is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama. As of the 2010 census, the population was 21,027. The largest city is Demopolis and the county seat is Linden. It is named in honor of the site of Battle of Marengo near Turin, Italy, where French leader Napoleon Bonaparte defeated the Austrians on June 14, 1800.

... 51.7% were Black or African American, 46.4% White, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% Native American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.7% of some other race and 0.8% of two or more races. 1.7% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race).

2016 presidential elections
GOP 47.6%, 5,233
Dem 51.1%, 5,615
Other 1.3%, 146
Sickening that Goodloe Sutton is editor and publisher there.

This can't be the first stupid racist right-wing rant he's written.
Evidently not, GoCubsGo's link:
“After we found this editorial I went back and went through some of the archives of the Democrat-Reporter and this is not a one-off event,” said Brownlee. “This is something that happened numerous times over several years, and it’s picked up over the last few years as far as I can tell.”
Auburn pride, billy.pilgrim:
The editorial was initially noticed by Chip Brownlee and Mikayla Burns, editors at the Auburn Plainsman. Brownlee, a student at Auburn University and editor-in-chief of the school paper, told Yahoo News that the college had unsubscribed from the Democrat-Reporter years ago but still received delayed editions of the paper. According to Brownlee, the papers were used as negative examples for racist, sexist and homophobic content.
:thumbup: :---P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

No Jail For Texas Teen Who Lied About Being Raped By 3 Black Men

White girl falsely accuses blacks in North Texas = No jail time.
I guarantee that if Jussie Smollett had committed his alleged (probable) crime in North Texas he would go to prison.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

“When this started out, it was a story about people who hated Jussie Smollett because he was black and gay. But now people hate him because he’s an asshole. In other words, they’re judging him on the content of his character and not the color of his skin. And that, my friends, is progress.”
-- Trevor Noah

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:59 am
“When this started out, it was a story about people who hated Jussie Smollett because he was black and gay. But now people hate him because he’s an asshole. In other words, they’re judging him on the content of his character and not the color of his skin. And that, my friends, is progress.”
-- Trevor Noah

:lol:
There's a certain strange logic about that.
Well, at least we can have a new term for totally fucking up your own career. In place of the outdated "milli-vanillied" we can now say "the idiot smolletted himself."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:03 am
There's a certain strange logic about that.
Well, at least we can have a new term for totally fucking up your own career. In place of the outdated "milli-vanillied" we can now say "the idiot smolletted himself."
:thumbup:

He really jussied up.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

2 arrested in (Huntsville, AL) buffet brawl over crab legs

... The station reports Chequita Jenkins is charged with assaulting John Chapman, who suffered a cut on his head. Chapman is charged with disorderly conduct....
Can we judge them on the content of their character?

Comments:
"diners had been waiting in line for crab legs for more than 10 minutes"

First World problems.
Disclaimer: Animals were injured or killed in the making of this story.
I always assumed that you were SUPPOSED to use the service tongs as fencing swords in the event of a buffet altercation,
that's why I always use the pointy ones.
Improvisation will get you through many a tight situation in a buffet fight,
a bowl or two of macaroni and cheese across the floor covers your flank.
Looks like Chequita went bananas over crab legs.
The tray makes a good shield
I don't like tong-to-tong combat, but I'm deadly with a salt shaker from across the room.
The Meteor Buffet suffered over $200 dollars in improvements.
♪ Everybody’s flung food fighting, past enlightening ♫
https://youtu.be/jhUkGIsKvn0?t=24
Were the crabs ok?
Is that why it's called the deadliest catch?
Bottom feeders going at it over bottom feeders.
Is that taught in the USMC?
These are my tongs
There are many tongs like them
but this one is mine
I must swing and thrust my tongs to stop my enemies that are trying to stop me etc...
:lol: Funny group.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Does anybody else find it strange that among those wanting to wipe Michael Jackson from the history of pop for maybe being a molester are those who want to keep the memories and honor of the traitorous slavers alive and up front?

I don't know what MJ did, but it seems believable he could have been a molester. There were rumours and allegations before. I wouldn't have let my kid do overnights at Neverland. But if anybody thought he wasn't weird back in his heyday, they just weren't paying attention. Nevertheless, he was still one of the most dominant (and talented) entertainers in pop ever, and now they don't want to play his music or re-play his voiceover episode on "The Simpsons"?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:47 pm
Does anybody else find it strange that among those wanting to wipe Michael Jackson from the history of pop for maybe being a molester are those who want to keep the memories and honor of the traitorous slavers alive and up front?

I don't know what MJ did, but it seems believable he could have been a molester. There were rumours and allegations before. I wouldn't have let my kid do overnights at Neverland. But if anybody thought he wasn't weird back in his heyday, they just weren't paying attention. Nevertheless, he was still one of the most dominant (and talented) entertainers in pop ever, and now they don't want to play his music or re-play his voiceover episode on "The Simpsons"?
It's all very sad.

As a Michael Jackson fan and someone that wants monuments glorifying traitorous slavers removed from all public spaces and encourage private businesses to do the same, IF Michael Jackson was a child molester some stains are unforgivable. We won't ever see much of Bill Cosby's artistic product again, either. I'm trying to think of a sleazebag white entertainer that's been similarly erased, but am drawing a blank at the moment. Maybe Kevin Spacey, though some of the movies he was in MAY live on.

It may not matter to the public, but there is one big difference. Unlike the traitorous slavers, none of these 3 are (or were) celebrated BECAUSE they are (or may be) a child molester, rapist and sexual abuser.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's a nationwide epidemic. Everybody has or wants the crabs.

Massive brawl erupts over crab legs at Chinese buffet in Queens
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seems that what society will think and then do will be hotly debated for a long time yet.

'Leaving Neverland' and Michael Jackson's legacy

I completely understand why victims don't report at the time and suffer in silence. I have more trouble giving credence to people that publicly deny being victims for years and then change their minds.

His works may be a bit harder to access, but it doesn't look like a hard de facto ban yet. If you want to download them, might be a good idea to buy/pirate them now just to be safe, though.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

The article says, "Jackson’s musical legacy is tarnished — it’s impossible to separate the art from the artist." I don't know why - art and (the sins of) the artists have been separated for years. While possible child molestation is, to most people, an ickier offense than, say, offing oneself in a drug-induced cloud or living a life of public promiscuity, fans have forgiven performers for almost anything except for not doing their own work. I'm pretty sure not every band checked ID's on all the groupies, and hell, being a convicted criminal can be helpful if you're a rapper or outlaw country.

I dunno what all these people are thinking, but for myself, I've got no problem watching "Thriller" or "Billy Jean" or "Ebony and Ivory" without thinking about sleepovers at Neverland.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

IF Michael Jackson was a child molester, there are some differences. "a drug-induced cloud or living a life of public promiscuity" does not necessarily have victims, allegedly not checking IDs on all the groupies ain't working out too well for R. Kelly - another black, hmmm - these days, and few criminal convictions are as ugly as child molestation, with some even being kind of cool.

It may be easier for old farts like you or I to enjoy MJ's art than anyone younger that sees it after coming to believe that he's a child molester, and we're way past the prime music and video buying demographic, anyhow.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I find it hard to believe that his lifestyle wasn't seen by more people as an admission of his sickness.

I didn't listen to him then, I don't listen to him now.

Pedophiles are a lot different than a rock star screwing a 16 year old groupie who goes after him/her.
MJ was a sick fuck.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:11 am

It may be easier for old farts like you or I to enjoy MJ's art than anyone younger that sees it after coming to believe that he's a child molester, and we're way past the prime music and video buying demographic, anyhow.
Good point. A person's societal offenses might keep me from watching/listening/going to see somebody concurrently, like I might have said, "I'm not buying any Kid Rock crap because he's such a right-wing Trumper asshat. But if it turned out now, say, that Roger Waters had also become a right-wing Trumper asshat, I'm not going to stop playing and enjoying "Dark Side of the Moon" from 1970-something.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:06 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:11 am

Good point. A person's societal offenses might keep me from watching/listening/going to see somebody concurrently, like I might have said, "I'm not buying any Kid Rock crap because he's such a right-wing Trumper asshat. But if it turned out now, say, that Roger Waters had also become a right-wing Trumper asshat, I'm not going to stop playing and enjoying "Dark Side of the Moon" from 1970-something.
How quickly y'all jump from sicko pedophiles to someone's politics.

Not the same
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:09 am

How quickly y'all jump from sicko pedophiles to someone's politics.

Not the same
I think the principle is the same. Choosing to listen to, or not listen to a given piece of music based on what you think about the performer as a person is the issue. To be sure, pedophiles are slightly worse than right-wingers, but I'm just saying that fans have a long history of forgiving or ignoring a lot of bad behaviour in their performers. And to me, it makes a difference if that behaviour is concurrent or old. Ted Nugent and Stephen Tyler (white guys) adopted or got guardianship on 14 year-old girls to sleep with them. Courtney Love said she was "forced" to give Nugent a blow job when she was 12. True? I don't know, but I'm just saying there have been a lot more allegations and documented child abuse lots worse than Jackson by people still getting their music played. Jerry Lee Lewis "married" his 13-year old cousin and survived.

O Really
Admiral

Radio stations/networks discuss whether to keep or dump MJ music...
https://torontosun.com/entertainment/mu ... io-network

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 am
... To be sure, pedophiles are slightly worse than right-wingers ...
"slightly" :o :lol:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I used to have the Michael Jackson "Thriller" album back when it first came out; some catchy tunes on there. If he's a child molester, well, fuck him I guess...doesn't change what''s on the record, though. Catholic clergy have been dong this shit for centuries, and they're still a big hit with lots of Catholics. Plus, I don't give a hoot in hell about crab legs....wouldn't have them if they were free. Now if they were handing out or had a nice green bud buffet I could see folks getting excited. I wouldn't be surprised to find out crab legs are somehow linked to child molestation. ok