In Memoriam

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: In Memoriam

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Cause actually all them gods is just about the same."
'Zactly. Call it "Dog" in English, "Le Chien" in French, or "Alkab" in Arabic, put it in different costumes, give it a different grooming job, it's still the same animal.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:00 am
Damn you’re a whiny moron!
I'm simply matching whine for whine, Get over it, you'll live.

Not my path but I respect lifelong devout Christian Elijah Cummings’ beliefs, the ones YOU mock.
Bless your heart; cry me a river. You wouldn't know respect if it jumped out and bit you on the ass.

My only issue is with BIGOTED Christian beliefs. Why do you keep committing Commandment-level sinful and desperate false witness about that?
What's it to you? You writing a book? Compared to you and your narcissistic sociopath mentality, my "committing Commandment-level sinful and desperate false witness" is a stroll in the park. Yours and your ilk's attitudes toward Christianity is the most shining bigotry in these pages, and now your panties are all in a twist because of a parody meme directed at a loud-mouthed congressman; dead now I might add. He's a hell of a lot better off dead than you are alive.

Ummm, YOU are the one that routinely cites Mr.B.
Not routinely, occasionally. Then it's only to quote his (in)famous line about who's a Christian. As stated, I'm happy for you that Mr.B has found living quarters in your brain head.

I merely mention the OBVIOUS irony while noting your depicting Jesus as spiteful, cruel, cartoonish and even racist, “Bro”. Your projection is cowardly, as usual.
Bless your heart; all offended and such. Jesus, if you knew Him would be proud of you; He understands your mental illness.

Ummm, I never said that you created the pics and don’t care where they come from. I merely point out the illiteracy, blasphemy and mocking of Jesus that YOU chose to share. Grow a pair and own your poor decisions.
Life is too short to clasp onto any religious or non-religious beliefs, or have faith in any elected or appointed officials, or to believe that any whiny-assed sociopath or Bible thumper is going to change people of the world to suit them. I don't believe Mr.B wore his Bible on his shoulder like a chip daring someone to knock it off, but then again, I didn't dwell on his posts like you do/did. However, your sociopathic, narcissistic attitude is your chip; you wear it like a boss; which you think is an asset.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:54 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 am
Slack off attacking poor leo, everybody knows it is okay for christians to do unchristian things. Jesus forgives all.
His religiosity is confusing to me. Early on he was as cynical about religion as he is everything else. Later, he started quoting Mr.B like he's an apostle and condemning what he perceives to be, often incorrectly, attacks on all Christians.
You were confusion when you were born. I've grown cynical of many things. I bash religion, I praise religion when it's due. There's no praise in politics, so it's fair game to bash it when the opportunity presents itself. I think billy the boy has his head up his ass when he says "everybody knows it is okay for christians to do unchristian things", but then he's probably practicing what he's preaching; he seems well versed in his knowledge.
Me? I don't give a rat's ass; your bashing religion doesn't insult me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Cause actually all them gods is just about the same."
'Zactly. Call it "Dog" in English, "Le Chien" in French, or "Alkab" in Arabic, put it in different costumes, give it a different grooming job, it's still the same animal.
When there are thousands of something invented it's difficult for any of them to be unique.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

"Lest We Forget"
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 am
Sorry, God, you'll have to wait a few minutes while I beat up the Devil one last time.
"African-Americans (Black People) only consider "nigga" offensive when used by people of other races, seeing its ... Used by blacks, the term may indicate "solidarity or affection", similar to the usage of the words "dude", "homeboy", and "bro".

Interesting how our resident sociopath bigot gets his ass in a twist over something like this post because he "respects" this man's "Christian values", yet denigrates and ridicules anybody else's posts regarding their religion or religious beliefs; accusing of committing "Commandment level" acts, when he has no respect (or belief) whatsoever in the Biblical Commandments. What an effin' hypocritical fake.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Not my path but I respect lifelong devout Christian Elijah Cummings’ beliefs, the ones YOU mock.

My only issue is with BIGOTED Christian beliefs. Why do you keep committing Commandment-level sinful and desperate false witness about that?

Ummm, YOU are the one that routinely cites Mr.B. I merely mention the OBVIOUS irony while noting your depicting Jesus as spiteful, cruel, cartoonish and even racist, “Bro”. Your projection is cowardly, as usual.

Ummm, I never said that you created the pics and don’t care where they come from. I merely point out the illiteracy, blasphemy and mocking of Jesus that YOU chose to share. Grow a pair and own your poor decisions.
Slack off attacking poor leo, everybody knows it is okay for christians to do unchristian things. Jesus forgives all.
Ah, my bad. Thanks.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Pointing out actions and statements of self professed Christians that violate virtually every basic principle of Christianity isn't being a hypocrite; it's just pointing out things that "Christians" do or say that make THEM hypocrites. And they never seem to realize or accept what they may be doing is not in any way Christian. And those Christians just hate to have those things brought to their attention. Why? Because the vast majority of them are hypocrites. They profess their faith to themselves and others but do not observe that alleged faith in the way they live and act.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:02 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Ummm, YOU are the one that routinely cites Mr.B. I merely mention the OBVIOUS irony while noting your depicting Jesus as spiteful, cruel, cartoonish and even racist, “Bro”. Your projection is cowardly, as usual.

Ah, my bad. Thanks.
but he's still a PoS
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Part of my prepubescent childhood just died.....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cla ... 51337.html

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:40 pm
Kirk Douglas, last of Hollywood's great matinee idols, dead at 103

Not a shocker, but awwwww.....end of an era.
From your article, it was featured in ABC News' obituary:
... By his own assessment, his proudest moment came when he helped end the Hollywood blacklist by tapping untouchable screenwriter Dalton Trumbo to pen Spartacus. Even more key than the hire, Douglas called for Trumbo’s name — his real name — to appear on screen. While blacklisted writers such as Trumbo routinely worked during the era of Communist witch hunts, they worked under aliases. Until Douglas insisted otherwise.

“One day I decided no more secrets,” Douglas said in 1985. “And you know what? The sky didn’t fall in. Other companies started hiring blacklisted writers and actors.” ...
I didn't know. :-||
Spartacus (film)

Spartacus is a 1960 American epic historical drama film directed by Stanley Kubrick, written by Dalton Trumbo, and based on the 1951 novel of the same title by Howard Fast. It is inspired by the life story of Spartacus, the leader of a slave revolt in antiquity, and the events of the Third Servile War. It stars Kirk Douglas in the title role, Laurence Olivier as Roman general and politician Marcus Licinius Crassus, Peter Ustinov, who won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, as slave trader Lentulus Batiatus, John Gavin as Julius Caesar, Jean Simmons as Varinia, Charles Laughton as Sempronius Gracchus, and Tony Curtis as Antoninus.

Douglas, whose company Bryna Productions was producing the film, removed original director Anthony Mann after the first week of shooting. Kubrick, with whom Douglas had worked before, was brought on board to take over direction. It was the only film directed by Kubrick where he did not have complete artistic control. Screenwriter Dalton Trumbo was blacklisted at the time as one of the Hollywood Ten. Douglas publicly announced that Trumbo was the screenwriter of Spartacus, and President-elect John F. Kennedy crossed American Legion picket lines to view the film, helping to end blacklisting; Howard Fast was also blacklisted, and originally had to self-publish it.

The film won four Academy Awards and became the biggest moneymaker in Universal Studios' history, until it was surpassed by Airport (1970). In 2017, it was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."
:clap: :clap: :clap:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:58 pm
Loved Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Robert Conrad, Star of Television Series The Wild Wild West, Dies at 84
I liked The Wild Wild West.

Also:

Actor-comedian Orson Bean, 91, hit and killed by car in LA

I was never a fan or anti-fan, but he was an unavoidable TV staple for decades.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Lyle Waggoner, ‘Carol Burnett Show’ Star, Dies at 84

Jeez, seems like TV stars from my youth are dropping left and right.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vlM1ekJ144

Bill Withers: American soul singer who enjoyed huge success
with hits such as Lean on Me and Ain’t No Sunshine

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... s-obituary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYDKzky4z0
They call me Creamy Tawdry.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:07 am
.Oomba. wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:01 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vlM1ekJ144

Bill Withers: American soul singer who enjoyed huge success
with hits such as Lean on Me and Ain’t No Sunshine

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... s-obituary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYDKzky4z0
Indeed Withers was a great singer.

Indeed

https://youtu.be/K3oMpkgM7oE
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:05 pm
Part of my prepubescent childhood just died.....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cla ... 51337.html

This shit is getting serious.

Honor Blackman, Actress Who Played Iconic Bond Girl Pussy Galore, Dies at 94

Greg55_99
Red Shirt

Unread post by Greg55_99 »

RIP Honor Blackmon, AKA "Pussy Galore" from Goldfinger:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ho ... ocid=ientp

Greg
"Truth MATTERS"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Legendary singer-songwriter John Prine dead at 73 due to coronavirus complications

Crap. We're gonna be seeing a lot of this with our childhood heroes . . . and a few villains, too.

RIP
1312. ETTD.