The Wall

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The Wall

Unread post by O Really »

It's scary when it sinks in that while Trump's idiocy and psychosis is highlighted on full display that he/they actually are successful in some bad ways. For example, he has managed to turn the entire topic of immigration into an argument over paying for "the wall." That skips the part about other alternatives in immigration, and even scoots past whether there should be a new wall at all. And keeps a meaningless argument going for weeks, beating up Congress and the public, keeping it away from a serious - or factual - discussion of the issue. And the media happily goes along with it. And supposedly educated citizens of both parties go along with it.

It's like your wife finding some other woman's underwear in your bed and you manage to get the argument down to whether or not you should laundry them.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 am
... It's like your wife finding some other woman's underwear in your bed and you manage to get the argument down to whether or not you should laundry them.
:D

And whether or not your neighbor can be made to pay for laundering them.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Defense Dept. begins scouting sites for new border wall

Wow, that's so surprising. You'd kinda think they'd have these locations all scoped out, this being a national emergency and all.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tillis (R-NC)
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I need to get one of those for Marsha Blackburn. In her Senate campaign last summer, Bredesen showed a video of her saying "a wall is not the answer" but she sends me her emails screeching about how the wall is the best thing ever. She is a vile and crazy ass scooter who will stoop to depths of ignorance not previously known to humans. I have done everything short of threatening to knock her teeth out with a knobby stick but she persists in her perverse ways. If trump came out for putting babies back in the womb for an extra two weeks after birth, Marsha would champion this as well. Sick

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

A wall around Burning Man may be in the works.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/8 ... urning-Man

I, for one, believe that we should build walls around everything we don't understand.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:27 am
A wall around Burning Man may be in the works.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/8 ... urning-Man

I, for one, believe that we should build walls around everything we don't understand.
Comments:
Some people might consider miles of desert enough wall...

And I bet Mexico would pay to host burning man… lol
Of course he wants to kill it. When have they ever invited Kid Rock or Ted Nugent to perform? And where’s his cut?
Burning man is so far out beyond its original intent and has largely been usurped by wealthy and obscenely wealthy people trying to flaunt their artistic hipster and “freak” cred. Who cares at this point. You couldn’t catch me dead there.
I don’t want to see Trump destroy Burning Man but yeah, what started off as a place where anybody could go who could afford to camp has turned into yet another venue reserved for people who have money to burn and everybody else can fuck the hell off. I don’t agree with the BLM here but I wouldn’t mourn the death of the event nearly as much as I would the precedent set.
I had my chances to go early on, but I'm not very arty and am not a big fan of desert heat.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Update:

Donors To $22 Million Crowd-Funded Border Wall Wonder Where's The Barrier

Bigots are scammers or gullible dupes, surprise, surprise.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:27 pm
Update:

But at least he got a yacht out of the deal. Trump probably wishes he could scam that good.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Update:

It's been said that it's hard to cheat an honest man/woman.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

bannination wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Update:

But at least he got a yacht out of the deal. Trump probably wishes he could scam that good.
"Whose boat is this boat?"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Boatrocker wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am
Vrede too wrote:
Update:

It's been said that it's hard to cheat an honest man/woman.
P.T. Barnum and Donald Trump never heard that.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm

And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife . . . .
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm
bannination wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm
"yacht"?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'National tragedy': Trump begins border wall construction in Unesco reserve
Wall will traverse the entirety of the southern edge of the Organ Pipe Cactus national monument, one of the most biologically diverse regions in the US

... Construction of a 30ft-high section of Donald Trump’s border barrier has begun in the Organ Pipe Cactus national monument in southern Arizona, a federally protected wilderness area and Unesco-recognized international biosphere reserve.

In the face of protests by environmental groups, the wall will traverse the entirety of the southern edge of the monument. It is part of the 175 miles of barrier expansion along the US-Mexico border being funded by the controversial diversion of $3.6bn from military construction projects....

“This unneeded, expensive blight will use precious water for its construction, cut off wildlife species from their habitat; and its all-night lights will destroy the clear night skies,” said Kevin Dahl of the National Parks Conservation Association....

“Pumping water out of the desert at Organ Pipe Cactus national monument, on federally protected land, to support this project is a crime against the American spirit and will do lasting damage to a national treasure,” the Arizona congressman Raúl Grijalva said in an email to the Guardian. “Congress has to step in and stop this.”

... Ongoing litigation by environmental and immigration rights groups could halt construction.

Dahl worries it will be too late. Standing near Quitobaquito Springs and looking toward nearby Mexico, he contemplated what is at risk.

“This is one of the true gems of the Sonoran desert,” he said. “It would be a tragedy if it all was lost for an unnecessary and deadly wall.”
:cry: :x
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Says He's Building A Wall In Colorado — Which, No, Is Not A Border State

Either President Trump failed remedial geography, or we’ve reached a full-on “Emperor’s New Clothes” scenario.

This, after Trump received a standing ovation in Pittsburgh on Wednesday after boasting about a nonexistent border wall he’s building ― in Colorado.

“We’re building a wall in Colorado ― we’re building a beautiful wall,” Trump told the cheering crowd at a shale energy conference. “A big one that really works, that you can’t get over, you can’t get under.”
:wtf: :angry-banghead:
... “Well this is awkward ... Colorado doesn’t border Mexico,” tweeted that state’s governor, Democrat Jared Polis, soon after Trump’s claim. “Good thing Colorado now offers free full day kindergarten so our kids can learn basic geography.”
:lol:
New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s press secretary Nora Sackett was less amused.

“Wouldn’t surprise me if he really did forget about a state that he lost by such a significant margin, especially when that seems to be the only thing of importance to him and given that he can expect more of the same in 2020,” Sackett told HuffPost in an email. “No one wants his wall, whether it’s on the Mexican border, the Colorado border, or the Canadian border.”

In a follow-up statement, a different member of Lujan Grisham’s press office emphasized: “Yes, we are a state.”
:thumbup:
Sen. Patrick Leahy
@SenatorLeahy

:lol: Shhhh, no one tell POSPOTUS and his worshipful Trumpettes that New Mexico is an AMERICAN state.

Comments:
And the crowd cheered, just as they did when he recounted when we took all the airports from the British in 1776.
Somewhere in the White House a sharpie has made Colorado a border state
Which is worse, Trump or the cheering crowd???? This takes, "I love the poorly educated," to a whole new level.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: If Ulysses ever needs a break from his own plot . . .

I'm shocked that a 2500+ year old "defense" that was shaky back then is succumbing to 21st century technology and tactics, shocked I tell you.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:55 am
:lol: If Ulysses ever needs a break from his own plot . . .

I'm shocked that a 2500+ year old "defense" that was shaky back then is succumbing to 21st century technology and tactics, shocked I tell you.
My goodness, who would've ever thought that possible? Obviously not the "stable genius".
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.