Idiot box thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Idiot box thread

Unread post by O Really »

Arrrgh!
So they say "let's take out Bruce" Yay, gogettum!
Bruce gets immunity
So they say "let's take out Jake" Yay, won't miss the obnoxious summabitch.
Kellie! WTF?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:29 am
Arrrgh!
So they say "let's take out Bruce" Yay, gogettum!
Bruce gets immunity
So they say "let's take out Jake" Yay, won't miss the obnoxious summabitch.
Kellie! WTF?
WTF is rightl :ateeth:
Caleb was my 1, Kellie was my 2. I've still got Dee, Austin and Katurah is growing on me.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Drew can go.
I think they're trying to make Emily likeable

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:39 am
Drew can go.
I think they're trying to make Emily likeable
She's being dragged to the end.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Premier tonight 9pm EST, Episodes 1 & 2:
Ghosts UK
Sitcom

A young couple who are desperately trying to save up for their first home are shocked to learn that they are entitled to inherit a grand country estate from a distant relative. Their concerns that the windfall is too good to be true soon come to bear when they realize that the house is also home to the ghosts of its previous inhabitants. When the spirits learn that the couple are planning to turn the house into a hotel, they are horrified, and seek to make life as difficult as possible for the new owners.
Same premise, there's even a pantsless White male ghost and an obese Black female ghost. Idk how involved the US Ghosts team is.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

From the previews, it looks like the characters are similar along with the story lines. Looks like fun and should tide us over until new US Ghosts come out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:24 pm
From the previews, it looks like the characters are similar along with the story lines. Looks like fun and should tide us over until new US Ghosts come out.
I was annoyed at first by it being too much of a carbon copy, but by the end of Episode 2 it was growing on me. Quality writing makes all the difference.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:05 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:24 pm
I was annoyed at first by it being too much of a carbon copy, but by the end of Episode 2 it was growing on me. Quality writing makes all the difference.
The Brit version was the original.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:05 pm
The Brit version was the original.
Ah, my bad.

Ghosts (UK)
2019–

Ghosts (US)
2021–

Wiki also has separate pages. So, supernatural cultural appropriation. Typical Yanks.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fargo (TV series)

FX. I haven't been watching in past years, but just caught Episodes 1 & 2 of Season 5. I think I'm hooked. Different cast and mostly different story each season.
Season 5 (2023)

Set in North Dakota and Minnesota in 2019, the plot of the show's fifth season has been teased with the following questions: "When is a kidnapping not a kidnapping, and what if your wife isn't yours?" Jon Hamm, Juno Temple, and Jennifer Jason Leigh have been cast as lead characters Roy Tillman, Dorothy "Dot" Lyon, and Lorraine Lyon, respectively.
Great to see all 3.
Additional cast members include Joe Keery as Gator Tillman, Lamorne Morris as Witt Farr, Richa Moorjani as Indira Olmstead, Dave Foley as Danish Graves and David Rysdahl as Wayne Lyon....

Critical response

... The fifth season has a 97% approval rating and an average score of 8.7/10 based on 29 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, where critics have reached the following consensus, "A back-to-basics caper populated by the likes of a mesmerizing Juno Temple and a thick slice of Hamm, Fargo's fifth season is a superb return to peak form." On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 81 out of 100, based on 27 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:54 am
Fargo (TV series)

FX. I haven't been watching in past years, but just caught Episodes 1 & 2 of Season 5. I think I'm hooked. Different cast and mostly different story each season.
Season 5 (2023)

Set in North Dakota and Minnesota in 2019, the plot of the show's fifth season has been teased with the following questions: "When is a kidnapping not a kidnapping, and what if your wife isn't yours?" Jon Hamm, Juno Temple, and Jennifer Jason Leigh have been cast as lead characters Roy Tillman, Dorothy "Dot" Lyon, and Lorraine Lyon, respectively.
Great to see all 3.
Additional cast members include Joe Keery as Gator Tillman, Lamorne Morris as Witt Farr, Richa Moorjani as Indira Olmstead, Dave Foley as Danish Graves and David Rysdahl as Wayne Lyon....

Critical response

... The fifth season has a 97% approval rating and an average score of 8.7/10 based on 29 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, where critics have reached the following consensus, "A back-to-basics caper populated by the likes of a mesmerizing Juno Temple and a thick slice of Hamm, Fargo's fifth season is a superb return to peak form." On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 81 out of 100, based on 27 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".
I just started it. Looks like it will be a good one. Juno is a riot in anything she does. You should watch Ted Lasso.

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 were all very good. 4, as much as I like Chris, disappointed.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:19 pm
I just started it. Looks like it will be a good one. Juno is a riot in anything she does. You should watch Ted Lasso.

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 were all very good. 4, as much as I like Chris, disappointed.
I saw that the critics felt the same about 4. Not so 5, they like it.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Arrrgh! Jake's still there.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:00 am
Arrrgh! Jake's still there.
Useful idiot, the clock's ticking. He can't be that useful for long.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I’m not sure exactly what y’all are watching, but wasn’t it another scripted fantasy reality tv show that gave trump exposure as king like.

Enjoy. The discussion sounds fun.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:00 am
I’m not sure exactly what y’all are watching, but wasn’t it another scripted fantasy reality tv show that gave trump exposure as king like.

Survivor.

Trump wouldn't survive on the island for ten minutes.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:00 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Survivor.

"Survivor" as seen on TV is edited for presentation, but the experience and competitions are real. Real hungry, bug-eaten, wet, cold, mud-covered sleep-on-ground pushed-to-limit people.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:26 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:00 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Survivor.

"Survivor" as seen on TV is edited for presentation, but the experience and competitions are real. Real hungry, bug-eaten, wet, cold, mud-covered sleep-on-ground pushed-to-limit people.
Not too mention there is no script, but the producers do set up situations to encourage better conversations.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:26 am

Spoiler:
:-|| :-|| Effing Emily. :clap: :clap:

I still think Dee but Emily sure is trending up. She actually seems well liked but maybe a little too visible. Could be the edit because she definitely gives good confessionals.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I Was Prey
S1.E2
Wicked Bite

Jim Lane is picking blueberries alone in the Blue Ridge Mountains when a rattlesnake strikes. Teacher Rachael Lilienthal is swimming in a Florida river when an alligator bites down on her arm, pulls her underwater and doesn't let go.
:ateeth:
Animal Planet//Discovery: Contact Us
Re: I Was Prey, Season 1, Episode 2

Jim Lane claims that cutting into a timber rattlesnake bite saved his life. WRONG WRONG WRONG! It wasted time, caused bleeding and could have led to a life threatening infection. Don't take my word for it, ask ANY expert.

This episode needs to be permanently retired. Not only are you endangering your viewers, which should be sufficient reason, but you are also leaving AP/Discovery wide open to righteous lawsuits based on your reckless airing.

Be better,
(Vrede too), RN
Hendersonville, NC (close to where Jim Lane was attacked)
1312. ETTD.