War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"They only work as insults for you "when they're applied to a male" because you believe "females are inferior or bad in some way." If you thought that being feminine or girly were superior or good things in any context, it wouldn't even occur to you use them as pejoratives.....and, ironically, your use of "effeminate" and "girly" as pejoratives just proved your misogyny....
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, because you're the all-knowing, absolute authority....You're so full of bovine excrement. ( :bs: )
I've heard effeminate males called sissies and girly-boys all my life; so I hardly was the one who coined those phrases.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

When Mr.B says a person is a "girlie-man" is that term intended as a compliment or an insult? Has to be one of the other since it's not neutrally descriptive. Given the context he uses the term, I'm guessing it's intended in a derogatory manner. If it is intended in a derogatory manner, what is it about the term that makes it derogatory? It's saying "you are a man who is like a girl." Thus being "like a girl" is the insult, thus insulting and disrespecting real girls.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"...both of us are more literate than you are...."
Of course...according to you. Nobody's as smart as you...according to you. Your dealings with others here, past and present, has proved that over and over.

Your literacy (or illiteracy) or ideologies makes you no more of a better person than me or anybody else. You choose to love perversion, I choose to shun it; simple as that. According to your tiny mind, anyone who doesn't believe in what you do, or stand up for the same ideas you do, are lesser people than you, and are insecure "lowlifes". I've said many times, I hate no one. I dislike their actions; but that doesn't mean I can change them, nor is it my place to.
O Really wrote:When Mr.B says a person is a "girlie-man" is that term intended as a compliment or an insult? Has to be one of the other since it's not neutrally descriptive. Given the context he uses the term, I'm guessing it's intended in a derogatory manner. If it is intended in a derogatory manner, what is it about the term that makes it derogatory? It's saying "you are a man who is like a girl." Thus being "like a girl" is the insult, thus insulting and disrespecting real girls.
The term is intended as an insult. As I stated, I've heard the term "sissy" and "girly-boy/man" all my life; in school mostly. It referred to a male who was effeminate is his walk and his actions. "Queer" was the alternate insult. Neither has any bearing on an insult to a female whatsoever. In school, I don't recall girls being outwardly 'manly-acting" as much as a boy would act like a "sissy". Are you saying that if a girl was called a "dyke", "butch" or "tom-boy" and acted like a male, that would be an insult to a male?
Sissy is a pejorative term for a boy or man who violates or does not meet the standard male gender role. Generally, sissy implies a lack of courage, strength, coordination, testosterone, male libido, and stoicism, which have traditionally been important to the male role. A man might also be considered a sissy for being interested in traditionally feminine hobbies or employment, displaying effeminate behavior (e.g. displaying limp wrists), being un-athletic, or being homosexual.

Sissy is, approximately, the male converse of tomboy (a girl with masculine traits or interests), but carries negative connotations. Even amongst gay men, behavior thought of as sissy or camp produces mixed reactions. Some men reclaim the term for themselves.

The term sissyphobia denotes a negative cultural reaction against "sissy boys" thought prevalent in 1974. Sissyphobia has more recently been used in some queer studies; other authors in this latter area have proposed effeminiphobia as an alternative term.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:When Mr.B says a person is a "girlie-man" is that term intended as a compliment or an insult? Has to be one of the other since it's not neutrally descriptive. Given the context he uses the term, I'm guessing it's intended in a derogatory manner. If it is intended in a derogatory manner, what is it about the term that makes it derogatory? It's saying "you are a man who is like a girl." Thus being "like a girl" is the insult, thus insulting and disrespecting real girls.
When I was a teenager, the most common derogatory term a guy could be branded was a "pussy" and even though I don't ever recall being called one, I like them. :)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Thus being "like a girl" is the insult, thus insulting and disrespecting real girls."
No....this is "insulting and disrespecting real girls"...

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

neoplacebo wrote:
When I was a teenager, the most common derogatory term a guy could be branded was a "pussy" and even though I don't ever recall being called one, I like them. :)
This is still true.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"How so?"
Why would a man want to look like a woman if he wasn't competing for male affection? Even attempting to look like a woman is an insult to femininity; not to mention an insult to his own gender.

"Anyhow, if that's what you think, stop dressing like that, or put on one of your wigs."
Fantasizing about me again.

"Now, about your own definition proving my and O Really's point?"
About what?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Wha'd you say?

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "Thus being "like a girl" is the insult, thus insulting and disrespecting real girls."
No....this is "insulting and disrespecting real girls"...

People like this pic really do exist - but they're not anywhere close to representing the majority of gay people. Why is it you always use the extreme instead of the typical? Maybe next time you want to depict a gay guy, try, for example, Anderson Cooper, or maybe Ricky Martin, Clay Aiken, Lance Bass, or Michael Sam?

"Flaming queens" are to the overall gay population like snake handlers are to Christian denominations. Or "Snuffy Smiths" to North Carolinians. Real, sure. But not a very accurate portrayal of most.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:
Mr.B wrote:Why would a man want to look like a woman if he wasn't competing for male affection?

It's very open-minded and brave of you to admit to us that you might choose her charms over that of a biological female. :thumbup:
Don't you have a bathroom at home? Why must you dump your bovine excrement here?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Why is it you always use the extreme instead of the typical?"
You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change the fact it's a pig. One example is just as good as another. How do you know that any of those you named don't slip into a tutu occasionally? Not all make gaudy, shameful public spectacles of themselves.

"Flaming queens" are to the overall gay population like snake handlers are to Christian denominations. Or "Snuffy Smiths" to North Carolinians. Real, sure. But not a very accurate portrayal of most."
There's all sorts of stereotypes; there's stereotypes for lawyers, Floridians, Californians, male nurses, etc.

"Gays" have hijacked a word in the English language that meant happy and cheerful and have turned it into something that represents lustful perversion. You don't tell someone they appear to be very gay all the time because then it becomes an insult alluding to being 'queer', and in some cases, can get you shot.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "Why is it you always use the extreme instead of the typical?"
You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change the fact it's a pig. One example is just as good as another. How do you know that any of those you named don't slip into a tutu occasionally? Not all make gaudy, shameful public spectacles of themselves.
You really have no clue, do you? I thought you were just going out of your way to be insulting. You really think the essence of homosexuality is cross-dressing into a tutu. Just can't see homosexuals of either gender as regular people. Don't complain when Banni (or somebody) doesn't see your denomination as different from Westboro Baptist.
"Flaming queens" are to the overall gay population like snake handlers are to Christian denominations. Or "Snuffy Smiths" to North Carolinians. Real, sure. But not a very accurate portrayal of most."
There's all sorts of stereotypes; there's stereotypes for lawyers, Floridians, Californians, male nurses, etc.
There are, and many if not most stereotypes are earned in one way or another. But they're still stereotypes, not necessarily accurate representations of the majority. The only reason to emphasize the negative is to be insulting.
"Gays" have hijacked a word in the English language that meant happy and cheerful and have turned it into something that represents lustful perversion. You don't tell someone they appear to be very gay all the time because then it becomes an insult alluding to being 'queer', and in some cases, can get you shot. [/color]"Queer" also has/had alternate meanings. Word usage changes over time. At your age, you should be used to that by now.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "You really have no clue, do you? I thought you were just going out of your way to be insulting. You really think the essence of homosexuality is cross-dressing into a tutu. Just can't see homosexuals of either gender as regular people."
I was going out of my way to be insulting. I don't know if they're regular or not; depends on their diet, but I'm betting they're more regular than others due to their diet.....and the result of wearing a tutu.

"Don't complain when Banni (or somebody) doesn't see your denomination as different from Westboro Baptist."
Been there, done that. Done heard it from Banni, Vrede, Stinger, and a host of other perversion lovers. Don't bother me, or faze me in the least. FWIW, I don't say that God hates anyone, nor should anyone die for their transgressions; not my call.

"Queer" also has/had alternate meanings. Word usage changes over time. At your age, you should be used to that by now."
'Queer' still means strange, odd, different, etc.; usage may change; meaning does not. At my age, I knew that too.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:People like this pic really do exist - but they're not anywhere close to representing the majority of gay people....
She's transgender, not gay.
I'm not sure it's either. Could just be a Mardi Gras type of festival. The boobs are blatantly fake - enough so to be comical. But whether gay, transgender, transexual, transvestite, or Rotary Club fundraiser, it doesn't represent the typical homosexual male, as Mr.B likes to portray.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:"Why is it you always use the extreme instead of the typical?"

You can put lipstick on a pig, but that doesn't change the fact it's a pig.
I understand it's just a Palinesque analogy, but carrying on in that vein, why would one want to put lipstick on a pig in the first place? Why not just let it be a pig?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "I think Mr.B just likes to pour (sic) over these kind of pics. In this case it was for a lame and completely illogical diversion from his misogynistic rhetoric."
There's no "poring" to it. All you have to do is type "sissy man" in the search box, and you're given image results; no need to go to a website.

BTW, it's been a while since you graduated from the third grade for the fourth time; when are you going to learn some new words?
Your use of all those 50¢ words sound like a broken record. (if you know what a record is)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "....why would one want to put lipstick on a pig in the first place? Why not just let it be a pig?"
Why would a man want to put on lipstick and pretend he's something he ain't? Same analogy.

A man attempting to look like a woman is an insult to women; besides being downright butt-ugly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"I didn't know that about pour/pore, thanks."
You're welcome.
Mr.B wrote:"A man attempting to look like a woman is an insult to women ..."
"No it isn't. If anything, they are complimenting women by trying to be more like them. In reality, though, they are just trying to be more like themselves. You're just that desperately, unsuccessfully and foolishly attempting to rationalize your own misogyny by saying that the men that you obsessively search out are doing the same thing."
Why would a man want to "be more like" a woman to begin with? They certainly can't "be more like themselves" if they're trying to be something they ain't to begin with.

You're just desperately, unsuccessfully and foolishly attempting to rationalize your own love of deviant, perverse behavior that those who engage in that filth should keep behind closed doors...their own doors.

One more time dummy...because I ridicule a male who dresses like a female doesn't mean I hate women...I don't even hate the male; get a grip and make like you have some sense already; pretend if nothing else.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "....why would one want to put lipstick on a pig in the first place? Why not just let it be a pig?"
Why would a man want to put on lipstick and pretend he's something he ain't? Same analogy.

I don't know. Neither would most gay males. Probably you ought to ask the transvestites, who are majority straight.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Probably you ought to ask the transvestites, who are majority straight."
Queer:
strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular:

of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady:

not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish:

mentally unbalanced or deranged.

homosexual.

noting or relating to a person who does not conform to a normative sexual orientation or gender identity.
effeminate; unmanly.

a contemptuous term used to refer to a homosexual, especially a male homosexual.
a contemptuous term used to refer to a person who does not conform to a normative sexual orientation or gender identity, as a bisexual
(dictionary.com)
If he's truly straight, why do you think he'd dress like a woman except to catch the eye of a man? If he dresses like a woman, that's 'unusually different', 'strange', 'odd', 'unmanly', or 'effeminate'....all definitions of "queer".