Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

They could have been up a few hours before I looked at the site. They're all gone
now. I don't know what the big deal is. Those pics are on the same level as most
of their right wing drivel anyway.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

"Wingnutties" Wisdom.....

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for it, another person must work for without receiving it.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,
and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for --
that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:With nascarfan88 and "Reality" gone, as far as I know you've gotten more from the government and we taxpayers than anyone else here, Leo.
Your jealousy of my success flaring up again?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:Your career "success" would not be one for me, nor would mine possibly be one for you.
As for "success" in getting government/taxpayer money - no thanks, don't need it.
It's not like I was on welfare. I earned my pay, I earned my retirement, and I earned my pension. I have nothing more, nor nothing less.

My compensation did not include performance awards or commissions. Just as your pay comes out of the pockets of many who can afford
their health care and/or insurance, much (or more) of your pay comes from either state or federal monies covering those who can not afford
their health care; unless of course you work for free, which I highly doubt.

So, that puts me and you in the same taxpayer-sucking bracket, doesn't it?

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Have the nutjobbers finally realized we have had a progressive income tax system
in this country for quite a while? But it still looks like they don't have much of an
understanding of the details.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede wrote:Your career "success" would not be one for me, nor would mine possibly be one for you.
As for "success" in getting government/taxpayer money - no thanks, don't need it.
It's not like I was on welfare. I earned my pay, I earned my retirement, and I earned my pension. I have nothing more, nor nothing less.
So, you'd trade your retirement/pension for welfare? Nope, didn't think so. Neither would I trade my pay for welfare, nor would many others. Overall, however, the money for your retirement and the money for welfare comes from the same place, doesn't it. At least according to the Wingnutties Rule #3.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:Stinger's been posting about how NC is trying to out stupid FL, but that FL has a head start. So, I got this email:
We Are Not Florida...

They tried that in Florida last year. Lawmakers there reduced early voting from 14 days down to eight and, as a result, Florida voters were faced with massive lines on Election Day. Some had to wait in line SIX hours to vote! An estimated 200,000 Floridians gave up on the lines and never cast a ballot.

We cannot let this happen in North Carolina.
Sincerely,
Progress North Carolina
I wish you good luck with that and with all the other STUPID that they are conjuring up in your state. No one should have to deal with that sort of nonsense. Most of the voter crap is pouring more ACORN/nonexistent-voting-fraud Kool Aid for the gullible twits to stir them up so that you have an excuse to suppress minority voters ... because minority voters usually vote Democratic. They can win fairly, so they try to scam the system.

Again ... good luck

O Really
Admiral

I think most everybody who lives in NC moved here from Florida. Yeah, me too. But shouldn't there be some kind of immigration test? At least a background check to make sure you aren't a former Florida legislator or real estate land raper or strip mall builder or anti-gubbermint yayhoo? Is there another state who actually has a place called Yeehaw Junction?

Reminds me of a Florida bumper sticker long ago... "Welcome to Florida - now go home"

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Guest wrote:So Banni you have now decided to CENSOR these forums by making folks be a memba to POST A THREAD. Don't ya just hate people who try to skirt around FREE SPEECH.
Pssst. Your illogical STUPID is showing.
Last edited by Stinger on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:I think most everybody who lives in NC moved here from Florida. Yeah, me too. But shouldn't there be some kind of immigration test? At least a background check to make sure you aren't a former Florida legislator or real estate land raper or strip mall builder or anti-gubbermint yayhoo? Is there another state who actually has a place called Yeehaw Junction?

Reminds me of a Florida bumper sticker long ago... "Welcome to Florida - now go home"
I got to Florida from North Carolina. Grandparents brought the kiddies down years ago. Spent a lot of time up there back in the 60's and 70's. Some in the 80's. Still have family up there.

Moving back home upon retirement's always an option, but if your state keeps attempting to outdo Florida in the STUPID department, I'll have to amend that notion.

O Really
Admiral

Everybody moves. I grew up mostly in the northeast, including DC, which isn't really northeast but has been described as a peculiar combination of northern hospitality and southern efficiency. But I'm the rare and seldom seen critter who was actually born in Florida. We're almost as hard to find as Sasquatch. Thing is, I try to keep it in a personal perspective. I'm too old to jump on every cause I might believe in. Even if they're doing something really stupid, will it affect me personally? I have no kids in public schools, so if they ruin them how does it change my life? The Nipple Bill is dead, but even if they passed it, is it going to make a difference in my life if there's no topless festival next year? Stupidity seems to be rampant in a lot of states now.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Stinger wrote:Moving back home upon retirement's always an option, but if your state keeps attempting to outdo Florida in the STUPID department, I'll have to amend that notion.
I don't believe that will ever be possible, so you can rest comfortably in your little nest right where you are.
You fit in Florida nicely, don't ruin a good thing.

O Really
Admiral

Here's some more examples of the consequences of the right-wing created "zero tolerance" policies that interestingly enough, those in the lunesphere blame on "da libs." Kid gets suspended for taking a small Swiss Army knife camping. http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/26/fifth ... rmy-knife/

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Not that the counselors would have allowed it, but we used to play Mumblety-peg at camp, but aiming near each others feet. No one took our dinky knives away from us.
Yeah, and I remember having Bowie-type knives in scabbards, used for everything from general whittling, tent pegs, target tossing, apple slicing, fingernail cleaning, trail marking, and yada infinitim. But my real problem with the example instance isn't so much they wouldn't let him keep his little knife, but that the punishment was unreasonably harsh. What's wrong with just taking it away from him and move on?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Big Fan of Alex Jones? Congratulations, You’re a F***ing Idiot
This is a good take on conspiracy assholes.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

That's a great article. Ought to be required reading in all schools. Play it right before the National Anthem at ball games. Offer a tax credit for passing an online test. Make any governmental units who open meetings with an "invocation" read this, also. Put in on the drivers' license test. Use it in place of the concealed weapons permit "test." Post it over urinals. Make it come up on computer and gps boots - require clicking "agree" or it shuts down. Do a musical version in rock, rap, and country and require it be played before all concerts.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Boatrocker wrote:Big Fan of Alex Jones? Congratulations, You’re a F***ing Idiot
This is a good take on conspiracy assholes.
Here's the scientific explanation: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... y-theories

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Judge Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison for "Selling" Kids to Private Prisons

The quotes in the headline are unnecessary. That's just what he did, with an assist from another judge who used his position to shut down the county-run juvenile detention center and redirect juvenile detainees to the private prisons.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court concluded that he did it to 5,000 kids.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

I'll have to give credit where credit is due. Our Florida legislature has been leading the nation in stupid (in my opinion) for the last couple of years, but the Pubs got one right. Our Nancy Detert (R-Venice) introduced a bill to extend foster care to children to age 21 so that they didn't get turned out on the streets, empty-handed, at 18 (before 70% have finished high school). AND it provides for training for teaching the kids how to survive on their own. Good job, Pubs. (One Pub asshole in the House voted against it).

Can't believe those guys are actually spending more taxpayer money, nanny-stating, creating more gummint, etc.

Maybe you guys will get at least one good bill out of the fiasco that is your legislature.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:My Rep., McGrady, is sponsoring numerous bills - some I support, some seem reasonable, some innocuous, one a partisan water fight but his interest is more in benefiting Hendersonville than a purely con power grab. None are horrendous, but he's a different kind of Republican. Almost all the NC GOP legislators are worse than him, maybe every single one, probably some Dems, too.
McGrady has been infested with fleas from lying (in both connotations) with that dog Moffit. "Going along" with the water grab bill might just be partisan politics. He didn't have to be a sponsor. That's when I stopped giving him benefit of doubt.