Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Trump

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

JTA wrote:Trump's having a twitter meltdown again. Supposedly it's been revealed Russia has come compromising info on him, and this angers our Lord bigly.

BuzzFeed released a doc outlining some of the dirt on Trump, but it's unverified at the moment and could be a complete sham. So take it with a grain of salt.

What the fuck is going on.

I'll take it as gospel after what they did to Bill, Hillary, Michelle and Obama

Murders and monkeys and sex changes..... they have pushed many people to the point that there will be no compromise until they show that they can behave.

And what's up with Pelosi not having a super partisan independent council investigate cheney, bush and crew for war crimes in 2009, but we were nice - even after the inauguration night plan to destroy President Obama

So what if a particular trump story is wrong, there are hundreds more waiting for someone to come forward
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Boatrocker wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Is it still a swamp if you close your eyes and hold your nose?
It's still a swamp if you plug the drain and add more reptiles.
That's an awful thing to say . . . about reptiles.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Is it still a swamp if you close your eyes and hold your nose?
It's still a swamp if you plug the drain and add more reptiles.
That's an awful thing to say . . . about reptiles.
There's also insects and assorted invertebrates.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Q: What's the difference between a chickpea & a garbanzo?
A: trump never had a garbanzo on his face.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Interesting Trump tweet at the top of the page. He seems pissed off today.

The last time Trump called something a "witch hunt," it was the reporting of the Trump University scam that ended in him paying out $25m to settle the lawsuits.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:Interesting Trump tweet at the top of the page....
Since they change: "Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?"
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Convo today (paraphrased)

Me: I don't think Trump will be a good president. Based on shit he's said, and based on his tweets, he seems very insecure and unhinged. He doesn't sound very intelligent, and doesn't seem to be able to form coherent arguments.
Person: He hasn't done anything yet. You're not even giving him a chance. You don't like him because he says stuff you think is "mean". That's not grounds to judge someone. You have to judge him on his actual deeds and policies, and what he does while in office.

Fair enough, BUT, the man has no political experience. All we have to judge him by is things he's said.

I guess this is what Kellyanne Conway meant when she said we need to judge him by what's in his heart.

I don't know.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Unfortunately, "he hasn't done anything yet" is incorrect. True, he hasn't done anything officially as President, but he has done quite a bit to tell us about his "policies." He tweets about national business. He goes around diplomatic channels to speak with foreign leaders without concern for effect. He criticizes individuals from his position as president-elect. He says things as president-elect that, if actually carried through, would violate various First Amendment rights. He disrespects what will be his own agencies and military. He supports actions of a foreign head of state over US agencies. And yada and yada. It'll only get worse when he actually does "do something."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

He's expected act more presidential
once he declares his candidacy
during the primaries
after the primaries
after the election
after being sworn in.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:after being sworn in.
after he's been there awhile.
after his 1st term.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I still predict he won't serve his full term and will even hazard a prediction........Trump will be out by October.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You should send him a scathing email, it's worked before. :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So let's hypothesize that suppose Trump really is going to be a disaster as President. And let's say he is gone by October, either by being ousted by his own, quits, or whatever. And let's say that Pence, unlikely though it may be, does a decent job for the remainder of the term. Do you think that would finally put an end to the ridiculous clamor for electing people who are "outsiders" and have no governing experience? Naaaa. The rubes will just think they need a different amateur next time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:... And let's say that Pence, unlikely though it may be, does a decent job for the remainder of the term.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:
O Really wrote:Do you think that would finally put an end to the ridiculous clamor for electing people who are "outsiders" and have no governing experience? Naaaa. The rubes will just think they need a different amateur next time.
If this is the sole reference point, I might agree with them. I'd bet on insider Pence being worse than amateur Trump.

Say there is a Trump impeachment, the politics of it will be interesting. Leaving aside the specific issues and the evidence presented, some Dems might be inclined to vote against it and some rightwing Repubs might be inclined to vote for it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Worst case: Another 9/11, again with a surge in popularity for the President and Republicans declaring any criticism of the President to be treason. And new totalitarian legislation blindly passed much like the Patriot Act. He'd be in power for at least the whole first term.

On the other hand you might see the Defence Dept trying to reassure Americans: "The President is not in control."

Or we'll wake up one morning to hear that he choked on a pretzel. "Common problem. We almost lost Bush II that way...."

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote: If this is the sole reference point, I might agree with them. I'd bet on insider Pence being worse than amateur Trump.

Say there is a Trump impeachment, the politics of it will be interesting. Leaving aside the specific issues and the evidence presented, some Dems might be inclined to vote against it and some rightwing Repubs might be inclined to vote for it.
I've said that from a personal belief/policy standpoint Pence would be worse than Trump. At least in part because he would (apparently) be able to get more of his right wing craziness passed. But from the standpoint of just effin' up the works and turning everything into chaos, he probably wouldn't. He'd be probably no worse long term than most any of the others in the former clown car.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump said that as PeeOTUS he'd be letting his VP handle domestic and foreign policy. You might be getting Pence's policies regardless.

At least until there's evidence that Pence is running things and the press reports on it. That would hurt Trump's little ego and end that relationship - and any pre-election deal with the Republican Party to have that relationship - real quick.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"His reputation, from the perspective of most people I know, is about as fucked as Singapore hooker during fleet week."
- First Amendment attorney Marc Randazza, "Is Trump Really Libel Proof?"