Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

McGrady is just another sleazebag pol. That's what good about not knowing
these assholes personally, no quarter because they might be charming in
person.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

I could never figure out why he voted against reparations for the victims of forced
sterilization. Now he's using his position to exact revenge on Asheville. Who needs
idiots like him.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Do you guys have any way to put citizens' initiatives on the ballot? That's the only way we started down the path to ending gerrymandering. Pubs still try to screw it up, but they're losing ground.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Fast Company magazine, hardly a left-wing rag, also realizes Conservatives are easily duped - in this case for a good cause... http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681968/how- ... picks=true

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

I just happened to see his vote on sterilization reparations in the newspaper and
that surprised me. Don't know if it was a fiscal matter or something else. It's great
that he's supporting a non-partisan districts bill, but I doubt it will get very far.

Yep, the NC legislature has really gone full wingnut this year. Hopefully they'll get
way out there and get pushback in 2014. We'll see.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Speaking of wingnutties out of control: Quote: Boatrocker: CPF is pussy territory.

So why, in the gray entertainment area that follows the threads, do you all hang around the CPF forums? Are you looking for some pussy? Or are you trying hard to fit in? Maybe you're jealous of them because that forum won't allow you to go in and curse them and lay the bad-mouth on them and they have a forum of their own where they don't have to 'listen' to your bullshit?

Also, is it really necessary to have that gray area in this forum? It serves no useful purpose and it's not even a part of the BRD Forums.
Get rid of it?

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Jealous of a group of paranoid retards? I don't think so. It has nothing to do with
cursing. They like to talk to one another in their enclosed nutjob bubble where
they can jaw about the latest kooky consiracy theories out there without any
interference from people visiting from the real world. That's why they ban folks
from that world. It spoils the craziness, which only makes them more entertaining.
I haven't seen SFFan on there lately. He must have brought in too much reality.

I wonder what excuse they will use in January of 2017 when Obama leaves office
and hasn't led a coup so he can serve a third term. Guess we'll have to wait and
see.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:You keep asking that same question.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Leo Lyons wrote: Speaking of wingnutties out of control: Quote: Boatrocker: CPF is pussy territory.

So why, in the gray entertainment area that follows the threads, do you all hang around the CPF forums? Are you looking for some pussy? Or are you trying hard to fit in? Maybe you're jealous of them because that forum won't allow you to go in and curse them and lay the bad-mouth on them and they have a forum of their own where they don't have to 'listen' to your bullshit?
It's a form of Schadenfreude. If you don't like that, tough shit. As has been pointed out repeatedly: if you don't like reading about it, don't fucking read about it.
Leo Lyons wrote:Also, is it really necessary to have that gray area in this forum? It serves no useful purpose and it's not even a part of the BRD Forums.
Get rid of it?
See last sentence in reply above.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Damn, that's scary. The crew who are probably most responsible for the Deepwater Horizon accident are writing your fucking fracking rules?

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:Could be worse, Halliburton writes playbooks for disastrous wars, too.
Border wars with South Carolina again? I think North Carolina will kick ass this time . . . especially with Halliburton on your side.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

It looks like something maybe slowly moving in the right direction. You guys should push this one with your legislators. Help the man out.
Are government officials upset that someone can survive without them? Thirty years ago, Eustace Conway bought 100 acres in North Carolina with a vision of a self-sufficient, simpler life style. Turtle Island Preserve became his home and livelihood, with income earned by teaching eager groups self-dependence using nothing but the land and their wits. He lives simply without the need for a single government subsidy, program, or hand out. The now 1000 acre settlement is a working, educational farm, with every building and facility made from materials and often forgotten skills once utilized by our pioneering ancestors. This lost art of survival, and simple living is alluring to many in a culture that is consumed with materialism and dependence on the government.
NorthCarolinaConservative.net May 29, 2013

It seems Watauga county is demanding he bring his primitive buildings up to modern code.
Currently, the Building Code Council of North Carolina is considering exempting certain primitive camps, like Conway’s, from the building codes. Unfortunately, the decision may be too late for the critical summer earning season for Eustace Conway. Will a process started as an effort to subordinate property end up as an effort to subordinate a man?

What can You Do?

A bill just passed the NC House, and will be discussed in the NC Senate this week. The bill supports the ability for historical sites that teach living history such as Turtle Island to create authentic buildings and environments for educational purposes.

Get in touch with state Senators to urge support. As HB 774 goes to the state Senate this week, there are two Senators leading it forward: Senator Dan Soucek, District 45, (919) 733-5742, Email: Dan.Soucek@ncleg.net. Also contact Tom.Apodaca@ncleg.net, District 48 and Martin.Nesbitt@ncleg.net, District 49, as well as the senator in your district. Tell them you support the passage of the bill to exempt Turtle Island, and other Living History preserves from modern building codes.
By: Vicky Kaseorg
NorthCarolinaConservative.net May 29,2013

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

I don't know the schedule, but I think the reparations bill is still around
somewhere and might receive a vote this year, just not sure of the details.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Eustace Conway has been on the Mountain Men show on History channel. He alluded to problems he was having with the "government" wanting to take his land the last show I saw. Hope he gets some common sense consideration from the authorities.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Fighting the out of control Wingnutties!

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:
Gatewood said, "… I think a decent measurement of any civil society of whether you're wrong or right is how you treat the least of those, those people with the least amount of power.”...
I think the Taliban is doing a better taking care of those with the least in Afghanistan than our 'Gelical brethren are doing in Raleigh.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote: . Of course kids, on average, will do better if a parent is there to nurture them 24/7. .
I'm not sure you can support that statistically. Certainly a kid who is supported and encouraged in academic efforts would be expected to do better than one who is neglected or one whose parents devalue education. But unless one can show that dual employment actually contributes to lesser support and encouragement, there's no correlation evident.

The thing I personally found most offensive about his comment was the unavoidable implication that a single parent (who obviously has to work) would be incapable of raising their kid to reach high academic standards.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:You're correct that I don't have the data and I'm too lazy today to look it up, it's just a common sense guess. Support and encouragement are affected by ability, intent, effort and having the time to do them. If the first three are equivalent I can't see how the 4th would be meaningless. The importance of early development is why many more enlightened nations make it easier for a parent to be there to assist it.

That said, no skin off my nose if I'm proven wrong. It would just make Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant that much dumber. No one has elected me to anything.

The thing I personally found most offensive about his comment was the unavoidable implication that it's the woman's (usually) fault for being forced to work by 30+ years of con economic policy.
I know a number of kids whose parents have to work state jobs at a nearby rehab facility. Many of those parents are forced to take second and third shifts, so they're not there (or are asleep) when the kids are home after school. Some do a better job than others of enforcing the importance of academics, but it's not an ideal way.

No, it's not impossible to raise a successful child while working two jobs, but the odds are strongly against it . . . especially when the child starts out far behind the affluent kid. Poor, uneducated mothers are the ones who are forced to work two jobs. Affluent mothers get to stay home and play with their children (or find much better daycare arrangements and spend that "second job" time with their children).

Studies show that affluent kids begin school with larger vocabularies than the mothers of welfare children. Hard to believe, I know.
by the age of 4, children of professional parents had heard on average 48 million words addressed to them while children in poor welfare families had heard only 13 million.

It was no wonder that the underprivileged children they saw at their preschool could not catch up and often lagged behind once they went to school. They simply weren't getting the experience with language provided to their peers.
NPR

You don't make up that kind of gap by watching TV while Mommy's at work at her second job.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

People down here are pissed and this will continue to get coverage as such bullshit as this comes to light. Such has become typical response under Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley's atmosphere of teabagger incompetence. Rep Jeff Duncan has re-stirred the birther shit on some teabagger radio show; it just gets sillier and sillier down here.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:People down here are pissed and this will continue to get coverage as such bullshit as this comes to light. Such has become typical response under Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley's atmosphere of teabagger incompetence. Rep Jeff Duncan has re-stirred the birther shit on some teabagger radio show; it just gets sillier and sillier down here.
I'll bet they aren't pissed enough to toss the teabaggers out of office. A majority in South Carolina hasn't voted in its own interest since before it voted to secede. :roll:

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

No doubt, but they may force someone to give this woman her job back.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.