Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:The duty-issued .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun discharged and the bullet ricocheted off the walls of the elevator, police said."
Has the elevator company been served with a lawsuit yet?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

rstrong wrote:
O Really wrote:The duty-issued .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun discharged and the bullet ricocheted off the walls of the elevator, police said."
Has the elevator company been served with a lawsuit yet?
Elevators in the US have fireman override and control functions, but these are not accessible to dimwit cops.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"What's the last sound you hear before you shoot yourself in the stomach while in an elevator...?"

"ZZZZIIINNNGGG!"
"I bet it was more like "BOOM" and then "ding"......"
Now that I've put more thought into it, I would guess it sounded more like 'pwwaaannggg!' The boom would'a come first, hence making this the last sound....

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, so much for the NRA ummmm, "theory" that bad guys look for "gun-free zones" to do their business and wouldn't attack anywhere they thought was armed...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/own ... ar-AA7YLXS

(attempted robbery of a gun shop - ostensibly trained and armed owner killed.)

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

George Zimmerman arrested.....

Shocked, shocked I say!
FTA:
-- was arrested Friday in Florida on suspicion of aggravated assault and domestic violence with a weapon, local authorities said.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

bannination wrote:George Zimmerman arrested.....

Shocked, shocked I say!
FTA:
-- was arrested Friday in Florida on suspicion of aggravated assault and domestic violence with a weapon, local authorities said.
:lol: Yeah, I saw that this morning. One day George is going to mess with the wrong person and it can't be soon enough for me.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, a weapon... imagine that!
Here's booking record. No bail until after arraignment.

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/Inma ... 1500000325

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

He must have called mommy and daddy; someone has put 200 bucks in his account.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"...... gunhugging idiot Mom......."
So...women shouldn't be allowed to carry weapons to protect themselves from all those poor, underprivileged, formerly abused, mentally incapacitated, drug using, murderers, rapists, and pedophile scumbags that prowl shopping centers looking for an easy target?

"snuffed "...? Very intelligent choice of words; but consider the source.

It's never been determined whether the safety on that gun was off or that the toddler may have flipped it off when handling the gun. You soap-boxers know all the answers and have all the solutions though; forgive me for spouting off.

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
Vrede wrote:"...... gunhugging idiot Mom......."
So...women shouldn't be allowed to carry weapons to protect themselves from all those poor, underprivileged, formerly abused, mentally incapacitated, drug using, murderers, rapists, and pedophile scumbags that prowl shopping centers looking for an easy target?

It's never been determined whether the safety on that gun was off or that the toddler may have flipped it off when handling the gun. You soap-boxers know all the answers and have all the solutions though; forgive me for spouting off.
This one certainly shouldn't.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"This one certainly shouldn't."
Why not? Why shouldn't any woman be allowed to carry? Liberal, anti-gun nuts don't make mistakes? If not, what makes them so perfect?

O Really
Admiral

Anybody can make a mistake. Mistakes don't have to be ideological or politicized. But when one makes a mistake with anything other than a firearm, they get charged or sued for something as some type of negligence. With a gun, the "opps" defense almost always works.

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
Why not? Why shouldn't any woman be allowed to carry? Liberal, anti-gun nuts don't make mistakes? If not, what makes them so perfect?
You'd have to ask the liberal anti-gun nuts, which I am not of.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
"Why not? Why shouldn't any woman be allowed to carry?"
"You'd have to ask the liberal anti-gun nuts, which I am not of."
OK, you're not. But why shouldn't that woman not have been allowed to carry?

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
"Why not? Why shouldn't any woman be allowed to carry?"
"You'd have to ask the liberal anti-gun nuts, which I am not of."
OK, you're not. But why shouldn't that woman not have been allowed to carry?
Because she's an idiot.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"Because she's an idiot."
Are you being deliberately obtuse in skirting the question, or are you just parroting the liberal anti-gun nuts, which you are not of? Be honest and tell why she is (was) an idiot in your opinion.

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote:"Because she's an idiot."
Are you being deliberately obtuse in skirting the question, or are you just parroting the liberal anti-gun nuts, which you are not of? Be honest and tell why she is (was) an idiot in your opinion.
She They are both idiots by allowing guns around her infant.

Really, that doesn't qualify as idiot in your book?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"She They are both idiots by allowing guns around her infant.
Really, that doesn't qualify as idiot in your book?"
No. That's a knee-jerk reactionary statement. Matters not who was around the gun. I'm certain that at one time or the other that while shopping, she was close to a number of looney tunes who shouldn't be within a mile of a gun, and could have easily lifted her purse or rifled through it when her back was turned.

Had she knowingly left the gun off safety, that would have been idiotic, which in your statements/assumptions, that was the case. As I stated earlier, it has not been established that the safety was left off.

At any rate, she had the legal right to carry; and that, in the eyes of anti-gun shriekers, makes her a "gun-hugging" idiot; never mind the fact that she lived in a crime-ridden major city.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I think what's being neglected to observe here is the responsibility issue; certainly this woman has the right to carry a gun, but along with that comes the responsibility for it. For example, if she were wearing a shoulder holster or some other concealed carry arrangement, which she was authorized to do, she would still be alive and her family and child would not have to endure a lifetime of regret and second guessing. She was an idiot for leaving the gun (regardless of whether the safety was on or not) accessible to her child or anyone else while not in her control. Period.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I will guarantee you that Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner never lets his weapon leave his personal grip or reach while he's out carrying it where he's not supposed to. In this case paranoia supplements responsibility; it's not likely that anyone is liable to access Roland's gun and kill him with it, and if by some chance someone did get their hands on his weapon, he'd probably just pull out another one and kill them.