Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by bannination »

Well, apparently he both does and does not get his flu shots.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/politics ... index.html (does)
https://time.com/5093600/president-trump-flu-shot/ (doesn't)

-0-?

bannination
Captain

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 pm
Are many people saying that?
That sir was comedy gold.
:lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Your "comedy" started it, apparently unintentionally.
GoCubsGo wrote:
bannination wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:17 pm
... At least that's what I've heard.
The best people.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:46 pm
Your "comedy" started it, apparently unintentionally.
GoCubsGo wrote:
bannination wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:17 pm
... At least that's what I've heard.
The best people.
Believe me when I say it.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I stocked up on some food and weight plates in case I get quarantined.

If things get bad I'm gonna self quarantine and do nothing but lift weights for weeks on end as I eat tuna and rice to feed my muscles.

Once I start looking like hulk Hogan, I'll bust through my walls like the Kool aid man and beat the coronavirus back to China. But because I love all human beings I'll beat it back from China as well and send it to it's grave.

Stay safe, brother.

💪
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 pm

If things get bad I'm gonna self quarantine and do nothing but lift weights for weeks on end as I eat tuna and rice to feed my muscles.

Once I start looking like hulk Hogan, I'll bust through my walls like the Kool aid man and beat the coronavirus back to China. But because I love all human beings I'll beat it back from China as well and send it to it's grave.

Stay safe, brother.

💪
I'm gonna stock up on beer and as many dangerous and illegal substances I can get my hands and money around. I have several cans of Chicken of the Sea tuna and two 5Kg weights. I have ordered a dozen of those fake muscle t shirts just today. Been looking for a muscle mask but no luck so far. Stay tunad.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:57 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 pm

Stay safe, brother.

💪
I'm gonna stock up on beer and as many dangerous and illegal substances I can get my hands and money around. I have several cans of Chicken of the Sea tuna and two 5Kg weights. I have ordered a dozen of those fake muscle t shirts just today. Been looking for a muscle mask but no luck so far. Stay tunad.
Been thinking about barricading myself in my house and setting some home alone - esque booby traps around my home in case the virus tries to get in

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
"Stay tunad." :lol:
Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 pm
Been thinking about barricading myself in my house and setting some home alone - esque booby traps around my home in case the virus tries to get in
I'm laying in kleenex for what will 97% of the time be a cold. Maybe I'll get some chicken soup if the price gougers haven't gone nuts.
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

On April 14th we are flying to Hawaii, staying for 2 weeks then taking a cruise ship to Seattle. Booked in January. Do I have foresight or am I just lucky?

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:28 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
I'm laying in kleenex for what will 97% of the time be a cold. Maybe I'll get some chicken soup if the price gougers haven't gone nuts.
I'm digging some punji pits around my house tonight under cover of darkness. Not in my house, coronavirus.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:43 pm
On April 14th we are flying to Hawaii, staying for 2 weeks then taking a cruise ship to Seattle. Booked in January. Do I have foresight or am I just lucky?
I'm flying into San Jose (where there seems to be a lot of cases) a few days after you hit up Hawaii. Can we be quarantine buddies?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sometime Lefty wrote:
:o Are you prepared for a cruise that might be extended by 2 weeks or more? It'll be free, which is kind of a bargain ;) .
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:28 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
Ok man so here's the plan. We start stocking up on toilet paper asap. A little at a time so nothing looks suspicious. In the post coronavirus world, TP is gonna be the new currency. The more we have, the richer we'll be. You in?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sometime Lefty wrote:
More seriously, cabin quarantine would suck. Have you looked into the penalty for cancellation or postponement? There are worse things than extending a Hawaiian vacation.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Sometime Lefty wrote:
I would advise you to turn back, Captain Redlegs.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

We talked about turning back and with the cruise ins (which is a cancel for any reason) this close to departure would cost us 1500 bucks to cancel. Then there is the flight from Gainesville to Lihue which has a separate ins, the flight from Lihue to Honolulu which has no ins, the flight from Vancouver (the ships final stop) to Portland (a place we wanted to spend a few days) which has no ins, and Portland back home to Gainesville which has ins, it is at least $2000 to cancel depending how the flight ins works. The plan now is to charge a head and go, if it is a worst case scenario cruise ships and airplanes could be grounded (see what I did there) and we might get all our money back or maybe full vouchers. Any other scenario, as long as we aren't sick when boarding, we might go and hope for the best. We are both over 66 so a 2000-3800 dollar penalty is better than a death penalty. We will see. Back in January when planning this trip things were so much simpler.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:29 pm
Sometime Lefty wrote:
I'm flying into San Jose (where there seems to be a lot of cases) a few days after you hit up Hawaii. Can we be quarantine buddies?
Sure, we are packing some extra clothes for quarantine, hope they also do laundry.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:29 am
We talked about turning back and with the cruise ins (which is a cancel for any reason) this close to departure would cost us 1500 bucks to cancel. Then there is the flight from Gainesville to Lihue which has a separate ins, the flight from Lihue to Honolulu which has no ins, the flight from Vancouver (the ships final stop) to Portland (a place we wanted to spend a few days) which has no ins, and Portland back home to Gainesville which has ins, it is at least $2000 to cancel depending how the flight ins works. The plan now is to charge a head and go, if it is a worst case scenario cruise ships and airplanes could be grounded (see what I did there) and we might get all our money back or maybe full vouchers. Any other scenario, as long as we aren't sick when boarding, we might go and hope for the best. We are both over 66 so a 2000-3800 dollar penalty is better than a death penalty. We will see. Back in January when planning this trip things were so much simpler.
I read a story the other day that related how the cruise lines are starting to panic over a decline in bookings since the virus outbreak. If I were you I would call the cruise line and tell them you want $2,500 to NOT cancel your already booked cruise. If they say "no' then tell them you want $3,000 and that's your final offer. I say beat the bastards at their own game. Hell, they may give you the money.....

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:29 am
Maybe wait a little closer to the date to see how things pan out. Could be that things slow down with the virus. Alternatively, maybe still go to Hawaii and just nix the cruise?

Advice I was given: if you do have to cancel and can't get a refund, don't cancel your tickets with the airline. Just don't show up. Why? If you cancel the airline can sell your seat to someone else potentialy making double since they won't give you your money back. If you don't show up, the seat is still reserved and the airline has to eat the cost. On the flip side, some airlines at least give you a partial credit which you can use within a year of the booking, so that's better than nothing.