Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:Not only spear your life, but to kill you by ALL means possible.

Even with kindness?

I guess in addition to spearing, that would include shooting, knifing, poisoning, strangling, running over, hanging, etc. You won't be leaving a pretty corpse.

That ship done sailed long ago. :D
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, margarita in hand, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "Holy Shit - what a ride!"

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

That's not life. That's the Republican primaries.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, margarita in hand, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "Holy Shit - what a ride!"
Billy Joel once said, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too in full butt-hurt mode wrote: "Given the illiteracy, maybe it's the same person that supposedly offered Mr.B money for my real ID because he was too lazy and stupid to figure it out from the clues butthurt Mr.B already posted."
Since things are dying down, you're just keep the hornet's nest stirred attempting to garner more sympathy.
FYI, you can rest assured I've given no one your vitals...but, maybe you ought to take rstrong's advice, because as you say, any moron with internet skills can find you, and they don't have to pay me one red dime.

You made your enemies yourself. Something about "your mouth overloading your ass" comes to mind...... :---P

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, margarita in hand, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "Holy Shit - what a ride!"
Yes, very much so. Last year on my birthday I ordered a t shirt that says "Going out of business since 1954" and sometimes it rings true.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I wonder what level of outrage and hypocritical spit-spraying would result in a state law mandating some other type of business must close by 7:00 PM daily and remain closed on Sunday. "Christian" book stores, for example. Chain restaurants (no after-church chicken & dumplins at Cracker Barrel). Convenience stores.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

The same "level of outrage and hypocritical spit-spraying " like you just wrote....?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Mr.B wrote:The same "level of outrage and hypocritical spit-spraying " like you just wrote....?
Is that supposed to make sense?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:"Christian" book stores, for example.
That would be inconvenient for some Wiccans I know. A local Christian book store doesn't know it, but a whole lot of Wiccans buy their candles there.

(And yes, Mr.B, a lot of my disdain for religion also applies to Wiccans. I'm pretty sure that there are as many wildly different definitions of Wicca as there are Wiccans. I also know a few people in the local Goth community; I consider them the larval stage of Wiccans.)

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

I'm willing to bet it ain't the damn wiccans behind such bullshit as blue laws, though.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote: "I'm willing to bet it ain't the damn wiccans behind such bullshit as blue laws, though."
You'd win that bet.

There was a time when some things were still considered sacred; such as keeping the Sabbath Day holy and/or reserving Sunday as a day of rest or just being with family after six straight days of work .... Now it's all about the $$$$.

Funny part about that is the average worker today raises holy hell if they can't get a day off a week from work.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Boatrocker wrote:I'm willing to bet it ain't the damn wiccans behind such bullshit as blue laws, though.
Most, perhaps, but not all the blame for blue laws can be tossed at the churches. Lots of places they've been perpetuated through the support of retailers who wanted to take a day off but couldn't do it if the competition stayed open.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Mr.B wrote:
Boatrocker wrote: "I'm willing to bet it ain't the damn wiccans behind such bullshit as blue laws, though."
You'd win that bet.

There was a time when some things were still considered sacred; such as keeping the Sabbath Day holy and/or reserving Sunday as a day of rest or just being with family after six straight days of work .... Now it's all about the $$$$.

Funny part about that is the average worker today raises holy hell if they can't get a day off a week from work.
You are still allowed to keep whatever day you wish as "sacred" or "holy" as you wish. But there is no Constitutional reason why you should expect to force the same observances on me. In reality, I believe EVERY business should close one day per week, for whatever reason they choose; I do not believe the state should be allowed to force religious rules on business, especially when it's just certain businesses.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The Pentagon mistakenly sent live anthrax samples to a microbiology lab near my home.

I'm not concerned though. Not because it's a Level 4 Biocontainment lab, one of only a handful in the world. But because when the area around the lab was evacuated a few years back, it was because the folks across the street spilled something. That's Winnipeg for you.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

rstrong wrote:The Pentagon mistakenly sent live anthrax samples to a microbiology lab near my home.

I'm not concerned though. Not because it's a Level 4 Biocontainment lab, one of only a handful in the world. But because when the area around the lab was evacuated a few years back, it was because the folks across the street spilled something. That's Winnipeg for you.

Is that in the transcona bioreserve?

:mrgreen:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Wneglia wrote:
rstrong wrote:The Pentagon mistakenly sent live anthrax samples to a microbiology lab near my home.

Is that in the transcona bioreserve?
It's this place in the West End. One of the companies across the road to the west had spilled a large amount of battery acid, which apparently could have created some nasty gasses.

We do not speak of what goes on in Transcona.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

To be honest, it was an appropriate response after what we've sent to the US.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

We're planning way more than that to square things.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.