Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote: Florida man's photo of a raccoon riding an alligator might be fake

..."this is just a taxidermy raccoon carefully positioned on top of a remote-controlled alligator" ... "The most obvious thing is that when a gator swims in the water only its eyes and nostrils are ever above the water. The back is usually completely submerged."

Sorry.
When I first saw that, I too, smelled a rat.

The man said he startled the raccoon, obviously from it's sleep, and it ran onto the back of the alligator. Raccoons, being nocturnal, do not sleep under bushes or in unprotected areas; generally they sleep in trees, crevices, or some other type of 'hidey-holes' that offer protection. Also, a raccoon seeking escape, will not stop running or be standing upright looking in a direction AWAY from a perceived threat; in this case, the photographer. Just sayin'.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:Not that you could _________ without sounding goddamned stupid.
It's Kernel Failure, he could be reading the weather report.
Seems as though this forum has plenty of issues. Some have Mr.B and myself on ignore yet they seem to keep answering our post. Damned liberal forums! 0:-?> :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Colonel Taylor wrote: "Some have Mr.B and myself on ignore yet they seem to keep answering our posts"
I can't see what you wrote, Colonel Taylor .... I have you on ignore.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

O Really wrote:
No surprise that the big poster doesn't match the commentary. Not that I agree, but the logic is that because companies with unions negotiate pay, the workers have an extra edge or protection that non-unionized workers don't have. The poster implies that unions are seeking an exemption for themselves, which isn't accurate. But in real value, the minimum wage has gone down since 1968. The minimum then was $1.60, worth $10.88 today. So there's some room for increase without all companies going out of business and the country falling into the sea.
Talk about the ultimate TWIST. The union doesn't want to pay their members the new MIN WAGE, that is an exemption!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

A Pennsylvania brewery said that it is introducing a new beer to honor the late Penn State football coach, Joe Paterno. And if you give some to a minor, authorities will look the other way.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:"A Pennsylvania brewery said that it is introducing a new beer to honor the late Penn State football coach, Joe Paterno. And if you give some to a minor, authorities will look the other way."

If Joe Paterno jokes offend you, just look the other way...he did.
thetrendguys.com

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Colonel Taylor wrote: Talk about the ultimate TWIST. The union doesn't want to pay their members the new MIN WAGE, that is an exemption!
[sigh] Do you read at all? For a former Jersey guy, I would expect you to know how unions work. They don't pay their members - the employers for whom the members work pay them. The union pays its own employees, but that isn't part of the exemption because - ironically - most of them aren't under a union contract. The unions are saying that employers with a contract wouldn't be subject to the minimum as a statutory requirement. They aren't saying they won't negotiate for that amount or more. As comparison, there are not now, nor have there been ever that I know of, any union contract in any industry that accepts the statutory minimum wage as its pay scale.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:A Pennsylvania brewery said that it is introducing a new beer to honor the late Penn State football coach, Joe Paterno. And if you give some to a minor, authorities will look the other way.
:lol: It makes a great shampoo, too.
O Really wrote:[sigh] Do you read at all? ...
Ah, the start of so may responses to Kernel Failure.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Sorry, I just can't stop myself -0-?
This whole post is bizarre......

Heck, I don't even know which thread to post this:
Quote from: cubedemon on Today at 12:32:58 PM
I did? Hmmm. Wow! Interesting.

Out of curiosity, do you have any recommendations for those like me on the Autism spectrum on what we can do to be successful and functional in society? If you do my friend, may I have some?
:biggrin:
Solar:
Fish oil?
I too have an issue. When I was young, up until my 40s, I suffered severe ADHD, with an emphasis on "H" for Hyper, I was so distracted, I got on my own nerves.
So hyper, that I couldn't keep track of items, and had to replace them regularly.

I discovered fish oil in my 30s, for me, it was an amazing cure, my IQ rose an easy 40 points (I had already been tested at 160+ IQ) whenever I took it, and it still works today.
Though what cured my ADHD, was when a deer jumped on my Harley at about 50 mph and I hit the pavement so hard, it crushed all the fillings in my teeth, resulting in a severe concussion and memory loss for a year.
I never recovered certain aspects of my former personality, such as the ability to rattle off 50 or more jokes, yes, I was the comedian at party's, but I don't know what else I lost, since I can't remember what I had.

That was about 10 years ago (I think?), and I still suffer time issues, where an event that happened 5 years ago, seems like it was yesterday.
I also lost my electrician skills, where things used to come naturally, now require extreme concentration.

Though it wasn't a total loss. It used to be a virtual impossibility to sit and type without getting distracted in thought, now I own this forum and typing comes as second nature, and that would be a breeze, if not for the exacerbated symptoms of dyslexia, another side effect of the accident.

Yeah, so give salmon oil a shot, it can't hurt.
http://conservativepoliticalforum.com/s ... 26d57405e3
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Your link takes you back to the Yahoo home page; the story is no longer in the news links. Strange part is if you copy & paste the title of your link in the search box, it still goes back to the home page. I guess the home's owner had it removed.

I saw this earlier today; the article said it was on Greenwich Street. Using Google Earth, I never located the building. Greenwich Street isn't but several blocks long. I did find some other interesting roof-tops oddities though.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Yep ... that's the one... however the link to this story on the same page caught my eye ...

"One hunter’s desire to bring home the bacon almost got him in hot water. The hunter, who mistakenly shot his girlfriend, said he thought she was a hog. The story of the “hog,” aka the hunter’s girlfriend, has a happy conclusion."

Somehow, I don't think I wanna touch that one .... :shock:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I went back on Google Earth and looked again; still couldn't find it. Possibly wasn't built at the time of the Google Earth shot.

What's really fascinating is the swimming pools, tennis courts, trees, lawns, (artificial?) shrubs, and other types of residences on the tops of many of those buildings. I'm not afraid of heights, but I'm not sure I'd want to be living up there; nor would I want to be inside one of those buildings knowing that there's a hump-teen thousand gallons of water in a swimming pool over my head!

Also there's this: Roots from trees and shrubs have a keen knack of finding their way into cracks and crevices, especially if water can be retained in them. I'm curious to know how they keep them out, because roots are most powerful in separating mortar and blocks...

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Mr.B wrote:The hunter, who mistakenly shot his girlfriend, said he thought she was a hog.
Damn! I wouldn't have told that! Anything, He shot her accidently when the gun went off, I dropped my gun and it went off, anything but "I thought she was a hog"!
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

It makes a funny story - similar to the one where the guy shot his hunting companion because he "thought he was a turkey." And that guy may be stupid enough to say "yes, your butt looks big." But the unanswered question here is why is that not criminally negligent? As the article said, they guy forgot the "first rule" of shooting. His failure to verify his target caused serious injury and could have killed his porker girlfriend. Another successful "opps" defense by a shooter that wouldn't have flown for any other act of negligence.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Dick Cheney wannabe?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

I finally figured out how to do this! :cussing:

How does he do this!? Watch the look on Simon's face!
Totally Amazing!

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

That was good, try this one:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.