Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:52 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 pm
billy.p in a UCF hat.
Hey, I always wear one when I'm in my favorite Florida city.
Tallahassee? ;)
Nope, the hottest Florida city, with zero history and the worst traffic anywhere, located where no respectable city should be.

A wannabe capital that will probably whine loud enough to have our capital relocated to this monument to urban sprawl.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:22 pm
Nope, the hottest Florida city, with zero history and the worst traffic anywhere, located where no respectable city should be.

A wannabe capital that will probably whine loud enough to have our capital relocated to this monument to urban sprawl.
Easy, tiger (get it?). You'll never catch me defending Orlando, other than its Dem politics with a Disney twist.

Not that I care, but for argument's sake wouldn't centrally located Orlando be more fair to more Floridians than having the capital in southern Georgia? ;)

This is exactly why we don't trust you when you're wearing a UCF hat. :P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Not that I care, but for argument's sake wouldn't centrally located Orlando be more fair to more Floridians than having the capital in southern Georgia? ;)
Other than FSU grads and fans, not that many care to go to the capitol anyway. But if you got into centralizing for "fairness" you'd have to move Olympia, Augusta, Salem, Madison, and all the Canadian capitols, plus DC would have to move to Kansas. Oh, wait...

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Other than FSU grads and fans, not that many care to go to the capitol anyway. But if you got into centralizing for "fairness" you'd have to move Olympia, Augusta, Salem, Madison, and all the Canadian capitols, plus DC would have to move to Kansas. Oh, wait...
Bingo.

Besides, we already moved our capital to a central location once, but that was back when distance mattered. I believe that communications are a little different now. Even people in Miami have access to Tallahassee.

Plus, think of all the county seats that would need to be moved, if geographical central is really important
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:15 pm
O Really wrote:
Other than FSU grads and fans, not that many care to go to the capitol anyway. But if you got into centralizing for "fairness" you'd have to move Olympia, Augusta, Salem, Madison, and all the Canadian capitols,
Bingo.

Besides, we already moved our capital to a central location once, but that was back when distance mattered. I believe that communications are a little different now. Even people in Miami have access to Tallahassee.

Plus, think of all the county seats that would need to be moved, if geographical central is really important
I was thinking population central as much as geographical central. Back when I was a lobbyist or even just a more involved citizen in state politics than I am now, it mattered a lot to me that the capital was closer to my home than Raleigh, which is somewhat central, is now.

This site was way easier to find than I thought it would be, the very first that I saw and clicked on:

State Centers of Population

Olympia isn't very far SW of WA's population center.
Augusta IS ME's population center.
Salem practically is OR's population center.
Madison isn't very far SSW of WI's population center.
Not sure about east-west, but I'll bet that most Canadian capitols are near population central along the north-south axis.

Raleigh is about 100 miles ENE of NC's population center. Bastards, that 1.5 hours would make a difference to me.
plus DC would have to move to Kansas. Oh, wait...
:D Yep, they deserve each other. Plus, a pol would really, really have to want to serve, and no way would 45SHOLE have ever run. The US population center is in MO, also fine with me.

billy.pilgrim - Given FL government, if Orlando is as awful as you say it is, why wouldn't you want pols to have to suffer with it?

Anyhow, is making the move really a thing? I thought you were just joking about what assholes Orlando people are with hyperbole.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:32 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:15 pm
O Really wrote:
Other than FSU grads and fans, not that many care to go to the capitol anyway. But if you got into centralizing for "fairness" you'd have to move Olympia, Augusta, Salem, Madison, and all the Canadian capitols,
Bingo.

I was thinking population central as much as geographical central. Back when I was a lobbyist or even just a more involved citizen in state politics than I am now, it mattered a lot to me that the capital was closer to my home than Raleigh, which is somwhat central, is now.

This site was way easier to find than I thought it would be, the very first that I saw and clicked on:

State Centers of Population

Olympia isn't very far SW of WA's population center.
Augusta IS ME's population center.
Salem practically is OR's population center.
Madison isn't very far SSW of WI's population center.
Not sure about east-west, but I'll bet that most Canadian capitols are near population central along the north-south axis.

Raleigh is about 100 miles ENE of NC's population center. Bastards, that 1.5 hours would make a difference to me.
plus DC would have to move to Kansas. Oh, wait...
:D Yep, they deserve each other. Plus, a pol would really, really have to want to serve, and no way would 45SHOLE have ever run.

billy.pilgrim - Given FL government, if Orlando is as awful as you say it is, why wouldn't you want pols to have to suffer with it?

Anyhow, is making the move really a thing? I thought you were just joking about what assholes Orlando people are with hyperbole.

Not the people, they are mostly the same bunch of transplants who comprise most of our population. The town location was my point - a swamp with no breeze away from the water

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:39 pm
Not the people, they are mostly the same bunch of transplants who comprise most of our population. The town location was my point - a swamp with no breeze away from the water
I meant "assholes" for wanting to move the capital, if that's really even a thing.

Pols-buraucrats-swamp-stifling air-away from nice places to recreate, not to mention Goofy and Mickey Mouse: What's not to like about that? :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:42 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:39 pm
I meant "assholes" for wanting to move the capital, if that's really even a thing.

Pols-buraucrats-swamp-stifling air-away from nice places to recreate, not to mention Goofy and Mickey Mouse: What's not to like about that? :D
There is no real initiative to move the capitol. But DeSantis did mention it as something he might "look into." Nagonnahappen.

O Really
Admiral

So yapping heads all over talk about the "Mueller Report" and it says this and it says that, yet nobody has actually read it. Why don't they say that whatever Barr has to say about it would not be admissible in court because it would be considered hearsay. Maybe Trump didn't "collude" but I certainly don't find a one page summary of somebody else's thousand page report to be credible.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 pm
So yapping heads all over talk about the "Mueller Report" and it says this and it says that, yet nobody has actually read it. Why don't they say that whatever Barr has to say about it would not be admissible in court because it would be considered hearsay. Maybe Trump didn't "collude" but I certainly don't find a one page summary of somebody else's thousand page report to be credible.
Then the political yokes and talking heads would have nothing else to say. The question is how to shut tRump up?

Wouldn't all of that be nice?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 pm
. The question is how to shut tRump up?
I usually use the remote.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The petition to the House of Representatives reads:

"Stand up for our families, our constitution and our democracy. Support Rep. Rashida Tlaib's resolution calling on the House Judiciary Committee to start an impeachment investigation against Trump."

Petition to major news media outlets:

"Stop protecting Donald Trump and parroting William Barr's personal conclusions about Robert Mueller's Russia investigation as if they are fact. Investigate what evidence the Mueller investigation actually obtained and do everything in your power to obtain and publish the report."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

National "Release the Report" Day of Action Rallies, Thursday, April 4

Asheville, NC
Greenville, SC
Sylva, NC
Tallahassee, FL
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time?
Probably, idk. His clumsy coverup attempt has already not gone as smoothly as he hoped. I'm not sure the original plan was to release it at all. Now, the likely fight is over the extent of redactions. Then:
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:56 pm
I have no expectation that it will work, it's just sometimes satisfying to tell an asshole that he's an asshole. Plus, future analysts and historians will have the record of the petitions he received.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Trump Was 'Making A Joke' When He Said He Loved Wikileaks

:roll: One more sleazy lie.

POSPOTUS praised Wikileaks by name about 137 times in campaign rallies, far more if one counts approving references to the email hacking that didn't cite Wikileaks by name.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... 60-times-/

Hey Sarah, was he "joking" every time, and is he joking when he says he loves America, god and his family?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The still unreleased, redacted Mueller Report is already a bestseller on Amazon. Sometimes, I love America.
1312. ETTD.