President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

trump only knows this because he once tried to vote in Mexico.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 pm
LOL.

Trump unintentionally (or intentionally) implying Mexico is a dump.

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:07 pm
trump only knows this because he once tried to vote in Mexico.
:lol: If he carried a wallet he might someday have to pick up a check.

First Congressional Republican (Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois) Openly Calls For Removing Trump With 25th Amendment

IMO:

Positives
One final humiliation for 45SHOLE and his diehard sycophants.
May prevent some final actions, including pardons.

Negatives
What final actions?
Pardons can come at the drop of a hat.
He can get a message out whether in the WH or out.
It will allow some sleazy, cowardly, boot-licking Repugs to claim "independence" and "leadership".

Other thoughts? I'm not sure that I care.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I say if trump gets shitcanned the cult will go berserk. Hannity, Carlson, and Dobbs, as well as the nutjobs to the the right of them will join in the chorus. It will be a white hot bed of ignorance, rage, and terminal stupidity.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:25 pm
I say if trump gets shitcanned the cult will go berserk. Hannity, Carlson, and Dobbs, as well as the nutjobs to the the right of them will join in the chorus. It will be a white hot bed of ignorance, rage, and terminal stupidity.
Is that a positive or a negative?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
How is that different from any given day?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Doesn't look like the 25th is gonna happen.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I mean realistically, Trump is not getting removed until the 20th.

... even though he should be.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Is that a positive or a negative?
I'm not sure, but it's certainly one or the other.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
How is that different from any given day?
:lol: It's not, but I just imagine that it would set the cult off on a seething howling frenzy....sort of like a typical day of cult bullshit increased by at least one order of magnitude, which is kind of hard to grasp.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Man, it seems like Trump's entire world is imploding. Cabinet members resigning, people pissed off on both sides.

This dude fucked himself so hard. This is such a fitting end to his shit presidency.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 pm
Man, it seems like Trump's entire world is imploding. Cabinet members resigning, people pissed off on both sides.

This dude fucked himself so hard. This is such a fitting end to his shit presidency.
Cabinet members are cowardly running from their duties to the 25th and don't want to be associated with a vote for trump and are too chicken-shit to vote against.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President*-unelect Trump

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 pm

:thumbup: Any Dem scripting this would have been way too ambitious and arguably insane.

Pelosi says she spoke to Joint Chiefs chair about how to ensure 'unstable' Trump doesn't launch strike

De facto 25th?

House Democrats looking at impeachment vote next week, Rep. Clark says

This is more about getting Repugs on record as bending over for 45SHOLE to the bitter end than it is about accomplishing anything practical, nttawwt. The 2022 campaign ads will write themselves.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Lindsey Graham was right about Trump wrecking the GOP.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I consider impeachment the wrong thing. First, there's not enough time, and also it would only serve to work up the nutjobs to further frenzy and elevate trump in their eyes. I consider it as futile as the GOP effort to change the Electoral College vote count.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President*-unelect Trump

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:28 pm
I consider impeachment the wrong thing. First, there's not enough time, and also it would only serve to work up the nutjobs to further frenzy and elevate trump in their eyes. I consider it as futile as the GOP effort to change the Electoral College vote count.
There aren't 17 patriotic Repugs with backbones, but I'm okaying with IDing on the record which ones aren't.

Some Senate Republicans are open to impeachment, but path ahead is uncertain
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yikes!
Let the jokes begin!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
He can still be impeached after the inauguration. He would lose retitement pay, secret service, office and staff, library, unlimited postage and the biggie - never be able to run for office again.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Yikes!
Let the jokes begin!

Can't the Senate vote to change rules? What are the rules for a trial in the Senate?
My wild guess is that they can make it as long or as short as they want.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:04 am
neoplacebo wrote:
He can still be impeached after the inauguration. He would lose retitement pay, secret service, office and staff, library, unlimited postage and the biggie - never be able to run for office again.
All that may be true, although I think the ban on holding future office would have to be specifically stated. I don't think that comes automatically with an impeachment. My thoughts are based on a prosecutorial (criminal) view instead of a political (impeachment) view. By having the new Attorney General criminally charge trump, as well as the other instigators like Rudy and Don junior, one has a situation in which justice is placed in the hands of twelve allegedly impartial jurors instead of letting justice roll the dice on whether GOP sycophants can manage to find some principles if given a second chance. I would not take that bet.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm not sure that Dolt .45's running again would be a bad thing. I doubt that he would get elected, and think it likely that he would further damage the GOP. Might not be worth the risk, though, and it would be nice to cement his disgrace as being the only POTUS to ever be impeached twice.

I think he also killed the already dubious political futures of his spawn, Jared, VP-unelect Q-tip and other members of his admin*.
1312. ETTD.