2016 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: 2016 Elections

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I would buy Microsoft and Apple and Genentec stock and would also try to cause some sort of accident or situation of my own making when I'm time traveling, just to see if it affected things when I got back to the present. This is what always bugs me about time traveling....any traditional time traveler will tell you that when traveling, you just don't do anything to alter how events will play out, no matter what. I never did agree with that.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

neoplacebo wrote:I would buy Microsoft and Apple and Genentec stock and would also try to cause some sort of accident or situation of my own making when I'm time traveling, just to see if it affected things when I got back to the present. This is what always bugs me about time traveling....any traditional time traveler will tell you that when traveling, you just don't do anything to alter how events will play out, no matter what. I never did agree with that.
I would go back in time and marry Oprah Winfrey, then travel forward in time and divorce her, saving myself the pain and suffering that the interim would bring if I had waited it out in real time. Except I would first get a sex change change, and make sure Oprah was born a man, so me, as a women, could get lots of money. Then I would revert back to being a man which I could easily afford with my heaps of cash.

Then I would cash out then rock out.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Instead, you've got no money and look like a white Oprah.
Such is life.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:One theory: Ted Cruz knows that he will never get the nomination let alone win the general, and that he has been so stupid and hateful that he won't even get reelected in TX. So, he's exploiting rightwingers to set himself up for a lucrative post-politics lobbyist/think tank/Faux Noise/megachurch career.
I think you're right - at least as to his knowing he won't win and setting up for the future. I think his ego is too big for him ever to think he's been "stupid and hateful" or that he has ever done anything objectionable. It's everybody else that's an idiot.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I like what Charles Barkley said when asked if he would ever consider running for an office...

"Are you kidding? Those people are idiots! Politicians don't serve the people any more, they serve themselves!" AMEN!

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:What about governor Brown
Jerry? I don't follow him but it looks like he's rather popular in CA. I kind of like him; he's an old hippie.

I haven't followed him either, but he could be right for the job

I like Warren and Bernie, but the resistance of wall street makes warren unelectable and fox has already started calling Bernie a grumpy old man

run Jerry run
Upset By Elizabeth Warren, U.S. Banks Debate Halting Some Campaign Donations
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I like how this flame logo looks nearly identical to the logo for the dating app Tinder. It's appropriate because in either case you have no idea what you’re getting into and it probably won’t work out.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Bungalow Bill's new wimpy wuss..?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

rstrong wrote:Image

I like how this flame logo looks nearly identical to the logo for the dating app Tinder. It's appropriate because in either case you have no idea what you’re getting into and it probably won’t work out.

Are you sure he's not advocating flag burning?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Good point. He has anti-Washington-establishment branding while firmly within the Washington establishment. He led the fight to shut down the government a couple years ago - costing taxpayers $billions - and tried to force America to default on its loans.

He, along with fellow Canadian Sarah Palin, are trying to destroy the country from within.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong wrote:Good point. He has anti-Washington-establishment branding while firmly within the Washington establishment. He led the fight to shut down the government a couple years ago - costing taxpayers $billions - and tried to force America to default on its loans.

He, along with fellow Canadian Sarah Palin, are trying to destroy the country from within.

I have a hard time believe a word a person says when they call the Koch brothers "Patriots". I firmly support him running though.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

rstrong wrote:Good point. He has anti-Washington-establishment branding while firmly within the Washington establishment. He led the fight to shut down the government a couple years ago - costing taxpayers $billions - and tried to force America to default on its loans.

Cause they're real 'Mericans!! :bs:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

GoCubsGo wrote:Cause they're real 'Mericans!! :bs:
I'm waiting to see what happens when the old white Republican base doesn't find real 'Merican Ted Cruise on the ballot. And they ignore Rafael Eduardo Cruz.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:Cause they're real 'Mericans!! :bs:
I'm waiting to see what happens when the old white Republican base doesn't find real 'Merican Ted Cruise on the ballot. And they ignore Rafael Eduardo Cruz.

They'll probably think he's from Kenya.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Hard to tell from pictures, but I would guesstimate that Cruz could
fold WW into at least two pieces. That would be fun to see. At least
Cruz doesn't have that wannabe soldier though I'm really a coward
vibe that Miller has to me. Tiresome. Cruz is a bit nutty, but I'm waiting
for Ben Carson to get into this thing. He is crazier and funnier than most
other GOPers and that's saying something. Run Ben, Run!!!!

O Really
Admiral

None of these guys is going to be able to avoid major fuck-ups. Look at even Bill and Hillary back in the day - a couple born and bred for politics, and really good students of the art. Hillary makes some out of context off the cuff comment about not sitting around baking cookies or being some "stand by your man" character and all Hell breaks loose. Look at Palin - not the sharpest knife anyway, but look how easy it was to get her to step in the poop. It'll be interesting to see how quickly the South Miami HS grad and Dolphin cheerleader gets schooled. And Columba was pretty much invisible with Little Bush was governor - she can't keep that cloak on in a presidential race. Gonna be fun!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

TRUMP: 'I'm going to surprise a lot of people' in 2016....the muskrat on my head finally had babies!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-im- ... EAnvfBGOd_

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump has been milking the election cycle for publicity as a "potential candidate" since the 1980s.

If he finally runs this time, it'll only be to collect money in a Super PAC.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

rstrong wrote:Trump has been milking the election cycle for publicity as a "potential candidate" since the 1980s.

If he finally runs this time, it'll only be to collect money in a Super PAC.

Yepper, his only interest is Trump (probably spends a lot of time looking in the mirror), his ego couldn't handle the lambasting he would get as a real candidate. Think of the 2012 Whitehouse Correspondents Dinner. I'll probably use the ignore button in the future.
Double ditto for Sarah.