Education thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Education thread

Unread post by Mr.B »

Where do/did these people get their education.......????! Keep in mind this is California!

(the interview at 1:29 is a head-slapper)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:Where do/did these people get their education.......????! Keep in mind this is California!

(the interview at 1:29 is a head-slapper)

The governor of SC was mad that everyone made fun of her state's citizens for being so stupid, so she demanded the governor of NC do something stupid so people would start making fun of NC instead. NC's governor said "Fine, we'll build a bridge in the middle of the salt flats out in Utah." The bridge was built and Americans all over laughed at NC for being so stupid. Nikki Haley said "Many thanks, NC. You are now the laughing stock of America. You can now take the bridge down since it has served its purpose".

NC responds "We can't, there are too many South Carolinian's standing on the bridge trying to fish".

(I can't take credit for this, I found something similar on the internet and made some modifications...)
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:Not to mention the Georgians diving off because it's hot. :D
Mr.B wrote:... Keep in mind this is California! ...
Not to give the dubmasses a pass but I'm pretty sure that with all of these 'gotcha' videos that bunches of folks are interviewed in order to compile a few stupid clips.
Most certainly. Even in South Georgia you won't get all wingnuttery.

But c'mon..."good diplomatic relations with N. Korea"? :lol:

Semi-related: I was once interviewed at a gas station by a regular news reporter when gas prices increased. My response was something along the lines of, "I'm no fan of windfall corporate profits but I think gas should be more expensive in order to promote conservation and the pursuit of alternatives." I saw her face go flat before I was done because I wasn't going along with her predetermined, 'Woe is me,' "news story". I was not put on the evening news.
I'm willing to bet she got lost at "windfall corporate profits"... "pursuit of alternatives" caused a massive brain fart that created the flat face by releasing all the air in the head.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, for every toronado, they manage to go around until they find the most toothless redneck they can find to say "it sounded just like a freight train."

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Yeah, for every toronado, (sic) they manage to go around until they find the most toothless redneck they can find to say "it sounded just like a freight train."
Have you ever heard a tornado...up close and personal? I have.
The description is about as close as you can get whether you're a "toothless redneck" or not.

It's a sound you don't forget any time soon; believe me; but if you wish to experience it on your own, I suggest you spend some time in Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio, Georgia, or Mississippi. You'll soon garner some sympathy for those "toothless rednecks".
Just sayin'........now back to the subject at hand.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:"Yeah, for every toronado, (sic) they manage to go around until they find the most toothless redneck they can find to say "it sounded just like a freight train."
Have you ever heard a tornado...up close and personal? I have.
The description is about as close as you can get whether you're a "toothless redneck" or not.

It's a sound you don't forget any time soon; believe me; but if you wish to experience it on your own, I suggest you spend some time in Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio, Georgia, or Mississippi. You'll soon garner some sympathy for those "toothless rednecks".
Just sayin'........now back to the subject at hand.
I don't doubt that a "freight train" is an accurate description, although I doubt most could tell the difference in a freight train and a passenger train. I just wonder why they have to pick the toothless redneck to say it.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "I don't doubt that a "freight train" is an accurate description, although I doubt most could tell the difference in a freight train and a passenger train. I just wonder why they have to pick the toothless redneck to say it."
I'm gonna get it, I just know it, but I'm gonna say it anyway....

Maybe they choose a "toothless redneck" because he/she would likely be more readily willing to be on TV rather than a gushing, flitting, toothless, "gay" fella...... just sayin'..
:lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"So, you're saying that it's shameless the way rednecks flaunt themselves in public, right?" :P
"shameless" or "shameful"...? :lol:

No....a toothless "gay" would be too ashamed to be on TV.... :P

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "I don't doubt that a "freight train" is an accurate description, although I doubt most could tell the difference in a freight train and a passenger train. I just wonder why they have to pick the toothless redneck to say it."
I'm gonna get it, I just know it, but I'm gonna say it anyway....

Maybe they choose a "toothless redneck" because he/she would likely be more readily willing to be on TV rather than a gushing, flitting, toothless, "gay" fella...... just sayin'..
:lol:
I don't think that's it. In fact, they might be happy to have flaming queen to say the line, but unfortunately there are fewer of them around than there are toothless rednecks. Not that I'm fond of flaming queens, but on a priority list of preferences they're way above rednecks. But I don't know why the choice has to be between extremes of humanity. Why can't they have some soccer Mom in her mini-van say the line, and her kids can join in.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Why can't they have some soccer Mom in her mini-van say the line, and her kids can join in."
Because their vocabulary is so limited.
like, like, you know, like....actually....most definitely....you guys....

and that's if she can put her selfie-taker down for a moment. :shock:

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "Why can't they have some soccer Mom in her mini-van say the line, and her kids can join in."
Because their vocabulary is so limited.
like, like, you know, like....actually....most definitely....you guys....

and that's if she can put her selfie-taker down for a moment. :shock:
That would be a "valley girl" not a soccer mom. You need to get your stereotypes straight.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:That would be a "valley girl" not a soccer mom. You need to get your stereotypes straight.
:lol: Great minds . . . right down to "valley girl". The soccer mom would be organizing a bake sale to repair the school.

I just decided to go easy on Mr.B, for once.
When you look at people through a lens of stereotype, it's sometimes hard to tell the straight accountants from the gay accountants unless the gay accountants are wearing tutus.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Mr.B wrote:Image
Turkey

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Belize, Lichtenstein, Sweden, The Phillipines, Mexico, Chile, Niger, Tibet, Greece, Yemen
Last edited by neoplacebo on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I couldn't help but think of this video when I saw that...

Kelly Pickler..."Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:Belize, Lichtenstein, Sweden, The Phillipines, Mexico, Chile, Niger, Tibet, Greece, Yemen
Those, and if you look at the list of the 250-something countries in the world, you can pick out a few more... http://www.listofcountriesoftheworld.com/

But not many. Pretty interesting that so many countries contain - and usually end in - "a"

Yeah, it's funny when somebody names "New York" as a country, or "Africa" as one without an "a" but it's not really an easy question off the top of your head.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Belize, Lichtenstein, Sweden, The Phillipines, Mexico, Chile, Niger, Tibet, Greece, Yemen
Those, and if you look at the list of the 250-something countries in the world, you can pick out a few more... http://www.listofcountriesoftheworld.com/

But not many. Pretty interesting that so many countries contain - and usually end in - "a"

Yeah, it's funny when somebody names "New York" as a country, or "Africa" as one without an "a" but it's not really an easy question off the top of your head.
Well, my answers weren't exactly off the top of my head; I had to think about it for a minute and then even went back to add to what I had originally thought of. in any case, any country I might happen to found will be lacking an "a" in its name....Buzzcopio, Schweruberlund, Cuzopistio. These are the future leaders of the world, and without an "a" in their names. It's truly a new beginning.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Yeah, it's funny when somebody names "New York" as a country, or "Africa" as one without an "a" ......"
That was the point of my post!
Tokyo? Hong Kong? Ohio?...etc!...good grief. I really have to wonder if those were real social media answers. :wtf:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

My next what...?