Beer Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
:lolno: :lolno: :-|| :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

We'd sneak liquor into music festivals by drilling a hole in the bottom of a water bottle, using a syringe you get at CVS to insert vodka or white rum, then hot gluing it shut.

Worked like a charm.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
(pics)
:lolno: :lolno: :-|| :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl:
Ditto :lolno: :lolno: :-|| :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: Oh baby!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Way back in the day, when Budweiser was actually Budweiser, I liked it. Haven't touched it in decades, though. Enjoyed a lot of Molson Golden and (regular) Coors over the years before crafts. Haven't willingly had a major commercial beer in a long time. Not a big fan of IPAs, but I do love a good stout.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I hate to admit it, but I've been drinking those seltzer "beer" things.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 pm
I don't know what those are. And I never tried to drink beer by trying to let it trickle down a thread; takes too long. I used to have a beer hat that would hold two beers in cans and it had a Y adapter straw so you could drink both beers at the same time. It was much better than a thread but I've not worn it in years.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:49 pm
Whack9 wrote:
I don't know what those are....
Hard seltzer

I've never tried one.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
It sounds similar, marketed at the time as a "beer cooler". I did have some of those, never became a fan but don't recall being repulsed, at least no more so than I was by any Coors product.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zima_(drink)
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:00 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:49 pm
Whack9 wrote:
I don't know what those are....
Hard seltzer

I've never tried one.
Yeah that's it. They're good if you're out at a pool or something. Not as heavy as beer, but they still get you feeling right.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Yeah that's it. They're good if you're out at a pool or something. Not as heavy as beer, but they still get you feeling right.
A Leinie Summer Shandy is good for that, too.
https://www.leinie.com/beer/summer-shandy

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:40 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm

A Leinie Summer Shandy is good for that, too.
https://www.leinie.com/beer/summer-shandy
That's a good'n for sure.

Dos Equis, too. Don't know why but they always seemed refreshing in the summer. Blue Moon, too.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am
Ulysses wrote:
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:
Never had a Zima, but I did date a Huntsville girl. Her dad was a rocket designer there after the war. Before the war he worked for the nazis.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Never had a Zima, but I did date a Huntsville girl. Her dad was a rocket designer there after the war. Before the war he worked for the nazis.
Yeah, guess it just goes to show that none of us are more than six degrees removed from association or at least exposure to Nazis. And the US did bring dozens of them over here after the war to work on rocket design. Plus we now have a wannabe Nazi for a president.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Yeah, guess it just goes to show that none of us are more than six degrees removed from association or at least exposure to Nazis. And the US did bring dozens of them over here after the war to work on rocket design. Plus we now have a wannabe Nazi for a president.

Her name was Heidi. She, her 6 siblings and both parents were all very blond and very white with sky blue eyes. He told me that he was forced to work for the nazis and was glad when the Americans brought him here.

That was the story and I accepted it wholeheartedly every time I looked at his daughter.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:32 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

Her name was Heidi. She, her 6 siblings and both parents were all very blond and very white with sky blue eyes. He told me that he was forced to work for the nazis and was glad when the Americans brought him here.

That was the story and I accepted it wholeheartedly every time I looked at his daughter.
Damn, I know what you mean, man. This woman's name was Heike and she was a fine specimen; blonde hair, tall and slim, still spoke with an accent. She was quite alluring; I think she got married to some other guy. All this happened nearly twenty years ago; they could all be dead for all I know.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Or lots less than six degrees.
My father's parents were German, with grandpa being Jewish. He was some sort of trade rep for Germany, my dad was born here, and they never moved back. We lost family in the camps.
My father was stationed with the Army in Germany after the war.
I will now associate Zima with the Nazis, which is apt for a rightwing ADOLPH Coors product.
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Was he one of the famous Nazi rocket scientists, someone I could look up?

My parents double-dated with Golda Meir's son.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:12 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Or lots less than six degrees.
My father's parents were German, with grandpa being Jewish. He was some sort of trade rep for Germany, my dad was born here, and they never moved back. We lost family in the camps.
My father was stationed with the Army in Germany after the war.
I will now associate Zima with the Nazis, which is apt for a rightwing ADOLPH Coors product.
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Was he one of the famous Nazi rocket scientists, someone I could look up?

My parents double-dated with Golda Meir's son.
I don't know how famous. Last name was Allen, but I don't know if that was an americanization, a change or real. She never wanted to talk about her family's german past.