Beer Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Opps! Does this mean there needs to be a homophobic beer thread? I myself will drink almost any beer.....next.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

I recently acquired a taste for Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye, partly to support the local brewery. Southern Appalachian's Copperhead Ale is still one of my favorites.

:mrgreen:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I am not impressed with a list of GMO-tainted beers. I don't drink stuff like Bud Lite because it's dog piss. I do drink Guinness because much of it is excellent, particularly Stout. Dude needs to get his/her priorities in order.

O Really
Admiral

Just returned from 4 days in Fort Worth. Had to drink some Lone Star for tradition, despite it now being a red-headed step-child of Miller. It's not like it's really good, but it's kinda like a Disney version of old Texas, sorta like Tony Lama boots, now a Berkshire Hathaway corporation.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"Visitors to the Munich Oktoberfest this year drank their way into the history books by downing an unprecedented 7 million liters of beer... The impressive list of lost items includes...a leather whip, a live rabbit, a tuba, a ship in a bottle, 1,450 items of clothing, 770 identity cards, 420 wallets, 366 keys, 330 bags and 320 pairs of glasses, 90 cameras and 90 items of jewelry and watches. A total of 37 children were also lost."
- from Spiegel Online, 2010

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

...She told me we couldn't afford beer anymore and I'd have to quit.
...Then I caught her spending $65.00 on make-up.
...And I asked how come I had to give up stuff and not her.
...She said she needed the make-up to look pretty for me.
...I told her that was what the beer was for.
...I don't think she's coming back...

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Wneglia wrote:8 Beers to Avoid

Interesting article but this statement makes no sense, "Try to stay away from any American beers." Most of the ones they recommend are American beers.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, that's a conflict with their recommendation to seek microbreweries, too. I'm thinking they are referring to the big brands like Budweiser, as if Budweiser were actually still an American beer. Regarding that, "A former top AB InBev executive says the company saved about $55 million a year substituting cheaper hops in Budweiser and other U.S. beers for more expensive ones like Hallertauer Mittelfrüh." Dog piss.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Guinness is often praised for it’s smoothness. However, several investigations proved that Guinness ingredients are quite disturbing. The beer contains fish bladder and high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup has been long banned from many stores and drinks.
WHICH Guinness?

The Guinness brewed in America is not the same as that brewed in Canada, and neither are the same as that brewed in Europe.

O Really
Admiral

It's not a beer question, but it doesn't seem to deserve its own thread:

I had some houseguests who brought their "houseguest gift" that is a citrus type vodka ("Ruby Red) from some specialty place in Charleston. I have no idea how (or whether) to drink this stuff. I looked up "citrus vodka drinks" and there were a lot listed, but unfortunately I'm out of little umbrellas. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Where beer comes from:

O Really
Admiral

Ah, you must have been drinking Bud Lite!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Ah, you must have been drinking Bud Lite!"
Nope......don't care for it...period.

O Really
Admiral

That's helpful. At least I know it's supposed to be good. It's just that I'm not much of a hard liquor drinker. Now wine, beer -- that's an entirely different matter.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "Ah, you must have been drinking Bud Lite!"
Nope......don't care for it...period.
Ah, so you are no more qualified to opine on what's good than I am on vodka (related comments).
Did you know that the Vikings in York mainly lived on beer, bread, and fish? I always thought I might have been a Viking in a former life.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:Where beer comes from:

The best kind. Straight from the tap.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

I checked the ingredients on 1554 and it said nothing about cowpiss. But if it had, it still would be excellent. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-belgiu ... ager/1266/

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Wrong orifice.
When I was 12 or 13 I got a job milking cows for the farmer up the street. When I was being trained, this old guy would refer to the cows udders as its titties. He would keep saying "... grab the titties... pull on it's titties... wipe the titties... clean up the titties..." etc. when talking about the cows udders.

Being a kid it was all I could do to not bust out laughing when this old guy with busted ass teeth kept talking about titties.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.