OWS

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Freshmen Dems ‘changing everything’ for Trump (video)

Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) joins Lawrence O'Donnell to discuss her pointed questioning of Trump administration officials and corporate CEOs that has quickly given her a reputation for delivering must-see moments in Congressional hearings.
The entire report is interesting to me, but what rally made me sit up and take notice is at 5:30 - 7:30. Wow, I just saw the CEO of Wells Fargo get raked . . . by my 3rd grade teacher. :lol:

:---P

Evidently, she's been doing this a lot. Here she is vs. Dolt .45's wholly unqualified CFPB director, Kathy Kraninger, 2:00 - 5:00.
Lawrence's Last Word (video)

Watch freshman Congresswoman Katie Porter teach another Trump administration official yet another lesson in a House committee hearing.
OMG, she schooled Kraninger from a book that Porter wrote on the topic, a book!

Katie Porter is "the first Democrat to be elected to represent California's 45th congressional district" after beating Mimi Walters (incumbent) 52-48, Orange County! The Repugs must be really hating losing that one about now.

Lots of attention being given AOC, which is great, but it looks like there other rock stars among the rookies.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to Congress:

"Support Rep. Maxine Waters' Consumer First Act to restore the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and undo the damage of Donald Trump's Wall Street first administration."
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.
John Michael Mulvaney (/mʌlˈveɪni/; born July 21, 1967) is an American politician of the Republican Party who is serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff. Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

Kathleen Laura Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official serving as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 6, 2018.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
John Michael Mulvaney (/mʌlˈveɪni/; born July 21, 1967) is an American politician of the Republican Party who is serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff. Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

Kathleen Laura Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official serving as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 6, 2018.
Well, shit in a tree and fall down in it......since I've been out of the country checking on my diamond mine and my teak harvesting concern I've been out of touch with Mick's latest greatest gig. I still say fuck him. He's fake. And I have every confidence that Kathleen will carry on Mick's stupid fucked up legacy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

North Carolina GOP chair, major donor charged with bribery

State GOP Chairman Robin Hayes and insurance and investment firm founder Greg Lindberg were among those charged with bribery, conspiracy and other crimes.

The chairman of North Carolina’s Republican Party, an insurance magnate and two of his associates are facing federal charges for a plan to shower the state’s top insurance regulator with campaign contributions to ensure special business treatment, a criminal indictment unsealed Tuesday said.

State GOP Chairman Robin Hayes and insurance and investment firm founder Greg Lindberg were among those charged with bribery, conspiracy and other crimes.

The four defendants appeared Tuesday before a federal magistrate.

Hayes also was charged with lying to the FBI. The 73-year-old former congressman from Concord announced Monday he had changed his earlier plans and won’t seek re-election as the state Republican Party’s chairman in June. Hayes said complications from recent hip surgery led him to change his mind.

Lindberg — largely unknown in political circles until his contributions started flowing heavily in 2017 — has given more than $5 million to North Carolina candidates, party committees and independent expenditure groups.

Federal prosecutors alleged that between April 2017 and last August, Lindberg sought to shower Republican state Insurance Commissioner Mike Causey with contributions through the state GOP and an independent committee he constructed “in exchange for specific official action favorable to” Lindberg’s business.

Among the things Lindberg wanted were the removal of a deputy insurance commissioner responsible for examining one of Lindberg’s Durham-based businesses, Global Bankers Insurance Group....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell Congress: Investigate AT&T

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson made big promises last year to create jobs if Congress passed a big tax cut for corporations.

But instead of creating jobs, AT&T continues to cut jobs, and the company is stonewalling workers who want a fair contract that keeps jobs in our communities.

It's time for Congress to launch an investigation to find out what happened to the billions of dollars of our money that they gave away to AT&T and other corporations that are cutting jobs.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Yet all we hear from the liberal media is how Medicare for all and living wages can't ever work. We are even receiving China's talk of a 60 hour work week without criticism.

But some pay no tax on their earnings.

Company Paying No Tax : 2018 Profit

Amazon : $10.8 billion

Delta Air Lines: $5 billion

Chevron : $4.5 billion

General Motors : $4.3 billion

EOG Resources : $4 billion

Occidental Petroleum : $3.4 billion

Duke Energy : $3 billion

Dominion Resources : $3 billion

Honeywell International : $2.8 billion

Deere: $2.2 billion

American Electric Power : $1.9 billion

Kinder Morgan : $1.8 billion

Public Service Enterprise Group : $1.8 billion

Principal Financial : $1.6 billion

FirstEnergy : $1.5 billion

Prudential Financial : $1.4 billion

Xcel Energy : $1.4 billion

PulteGroup : $1.3 billion

Molson Coors : $1.3 billion

Devon Energy : $1.3 billion

Pioneer Natural Resources : $1.3 billion

DTE Energy : $1.2 billion

Wisconsin Energy : $1.1 billion

PPL : $1.1 billion

Halliburton : $1.1 billion

Ameren : $1 billion

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 22428/amp/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm
Well, shit in a tree and fall down in it......since I've been out of the country checking on my diamond mine and my teak harvesting concern I've been out of touch with Mick's latest greatest gig. I still say fuck him. He's fake. And I have every confidence that Kathleen will carry on Mick's stupid fucked up legacy.
Yep.

New report documents the dismantling of consumer financial protection

:obscene-birdiered:

Kathy Kraninger has a difficult job competing with Alexander Acosta, Barr, David L. Bernhardt, Bolton, Jim Bridenstine, Carson, DeVos, Gina Haspel, Thomas Homan, Kevin McAleenan, Mnuchin, Mick Mulvaney, Ajit Pai, Perry, Pompeo, Wilbur Ross and Andrew R. Wheeler for WORST agency head.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm
Yep.

New report documents the dismantling of consumer financial protection

:obscene-birdiered:

Kathy Kraninger has a difficult job competing with Alexander Acosta, Barr, David L. Bernhardt, Bolton, Jim Bridenstine, Carson, DeVos, Gina Haspel, Thomas Homan, Kevin McAleenan, Mnuchin, Mick Mulvaney, Ajit Pai, Perry, Pompeo, Wilbur Ross and Andrew R. Wheeler for WORST agency head.
Disgusting but not surprising. Everything this administration touches they make worse

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to Democrats in Congress:

"Reject any Trump infrastructure deal that would gut environmental protections, lower wages, or let Wall Street charge tolls on public roads. Instead, add your name to Rep. Ted Lieu's infrastructure resolution outlining progressive principles and hold the line for a deal that rebuilds a crumbling American without handouts to corporate interests."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wealth Concentration Drives a New Global Imperialism

Regime changes in Iraq and Libya, Syria’s war, Venezuela’s crisis, sanctions on Cuba, Iran, Russia, and North Korea are reflections of a new global imperialism imposed by a core of capitalist nations in support of trillions of dollars of concentrated investment wealth. This new world order of mass capital has become a totalitarian empire of inequality and repression.

The global 1%, comprised of over 36-million millionaires and 2,400 billionaires, employ their excess capital with investment management firms like BlackRock and J.P Morgan Chase. The top seventeen of these trillion-dollar investment management firms controlled $41.1 trillion dollars in 2017. These firms are all directly invested in each other and managed by only 199 people who decide how and where global capital will be invested. Their biggest problem is they have more capital than there are safe investment opportunities, which leads to risky speculative investments, increased war spending, privatization of the public domain, and pressures to open new capital investment opportunities through political regime changes.

Power elites in support of capital investment are collectively embedded in a system of mandatory growth. Failure for capital to achieve continuing expansion leads to economic stagnation, which can result in depression, bank failures, currency collapses, and mass unemployment. Capitalism is an economic system that inevitably adjusts itself via contractions, recessions, and depressions. Power elites are entrapped in a web of enforced growth that requires ongoing global management and the formation of new and ever expanding capital investment opportunities. This forced expansion becomes a worldwide manifest destiny that seeks total capital domination in all regions of the earth and beyond.

Sixty percent of the core 199 global power elite managers are from the US, with people from twenty capitalist nations rounding out the balance. These power elite managers and associated one percenters take active part in global policy groups and governments. They serve as advisors to the IMF, World Trade Organization, World Bank, International Bank of Settlements, Federal Reserve Board, G-7 and the G-20. Most attend the World Economic Forum. Global power elites engage actively on private international policy councils such as the Council of Thirty, Trilateral Commission, and the Atlantic Council. Many of the US global elites are members of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Business Roundtable in the US. The most important issue for these power elites is protecting capital investment, insuring debt collection, and building opportunities for further returns.

The global power elite are aware of their existence as a numerical minority in the vast sea of impoverished humanity. Roughly 80% of the world’s population lives on less than ten dollars a day and half live on less than three dollars a day. Concentrated global capital becomes the binding institutional alignment that brings transnational capitalists into a centralized global imperialism facilitated by world economic/trade institutions and protected by the US/NATO military empire. This concentration of wealth leads to a crisis of humanity, whereby poverty, war, starvation, mass alienation, media propaganda, and environmental devastation have reached levels that threaten humanity’s future....
Idk about all of the conclusions, but only 199 people managing $41.1 trillion dollars sucks.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell the House: Crack down on tax dodgers and corruption

Tax dodgers. Sex traffickers. Drug cartels. Terrorist organizations. Wall Street fraudsters. They all use anonymous shell companies here in the United States to hide money from authorities and get away with their crimes....

Petition to the House of Representatives:

"Pass the Corporate Transparency Act and continue fighting to allow the public access to ownership records."
1312. ETTD.