The Friday Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
k9nanny
General

Re: The Friday Thread

Unread post by k9nanny »

JTA wrote: Best of luck. Fridays I try to lay low and avoid workplace drama, of which there is an endless stream. Next job I get I'm working alone in a hole somewhere far away from all humanity.
I highly recommend it. Our contact with humanity is minimal and swift, and it's not the same people everyday. Sadly, with our families, drama abounds.

I've had a work break since May, when I fractured a lumbar vertebra. Not really a vacation. Bonded with my puppy and taught him all kinds of stuff, as long as I could do it sitting in a chair or leaning on my cane.

The days of the week are irrelevant to me.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:"....... as long as I could do it sitting in a chair or leaning on my cane.....The days of the week are irrelevant to me."
You still keep the coffee pot hot?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

k9nanny wrote:
JTA wrote: Best of luck. Fridays I try to lay low and avoid workplace drama, of which there is an endless stream. Next job I get I'm working alone in a hole somewhere far away from all humanity.
I highly recommend it. Our contact with humanity is minimal and swift, and it's not the same people everyday. Sadly, with our families, drama abounds.

I've had a work break since May, when I fractured a lumbar vertebra. Not really a vacation. Bonded with my puppy and taught him all kinds of stuff, as long as I could do it sitting in a chair or leaning on my cane.

Ouch, sorry to hear that! Glad about the puppy though :-)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:
k9nanny wrote:

Ouch, sorry to hear that! Glad about the puppy though :-)
How did that presentation go?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:
JTA wrote: "Mr. B, how's those endless Saturdays going?"
Wonderful! "........I'll just have to say S.W.T.H.I.F..... "So What The H*ll, It's Friday"...." :clap:

"Was that you I saw last Saturday wearing the jean shorts and straw hat when I was hanging out up in Hendersonville?"
T'werent me...I don't wear hats or caps. I let my curly locks sail in the breeze.
Mr. B on Saturdays (everyday):

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

If I could grow a bunch of hair like that, I'd let it blow in the breeze, too. In fact, they would probably call me "the breeze," and even write a song about me. :D

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

k9nanny wrote:

Well, if JTA finds a gold or diamond mine on a Friday, such as this, his wishes will come true. Meanwhile, I will commence to get my Friday on. Also, sorry to hear that k9nanny is apparently injured. Hope things will get better for you in that regard. The reason I even wrote this is about your last statement....."the days of the week are irrelevant to me." I pretty much feel the same except on two of them I don't have to get up early. But here it is; your words reminded me of the general philosophy of the GOP. The days of the weak are irrelevant to me. Happy Friday folks. Be irrelevant; or not. 8-)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote: "The days of the week are irrelevant to me."
Yeah, me too......

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Woke up today and immediately realized it wasn't Friday anymore.. :yawn:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

When was Friday?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

neoplacebo wrote:Woke up today and immediately realized it wasn't Friday anymore.. :yawn:
Depending on where you work/what you do, you potentially have several Fridays/Saturdays in a row coming back thanks to Labor Day, so fret not.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I think if it weren't for weekends, nobody would ever get anything done. Think how many times you hear at work, "I'll get it to you by Friday," or "We'll start that on Monday." It provides a regular break in routine that creates natural (or is that "natcheral" Mr.B?) deadlines and starting points. But in addition to that, weekends are fun.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

JTA wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Woke up today and immediately realized it wasn't Friday anymore.. :yawn:
Depending on where you work/what you do, you potentially have several Fridays/Saturdays in a row coming back thanks to Labor Day, so fret not.
Yeah, but I still have to take at least one of those to fight weeds and bushes, burn the victims, and celebrate my victory with the ritual searing on open fire of a dead pig and consuming same, which some call a sin. Now and again this slash / burn / sin routine sort of makes me feel guilty, but not enough to stop.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:".....(or is that "natcheral" Mr.B?)"....
I believe that one belongs to you....

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes

The body is held captive but the mind has officially checked out.

Goodnight.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

neoplacebo wrote:
k9nanny wrote:

Well, if JTA finds a gold or diamond mine on a Friday, such as this, his wishes will come true. Meanwhile, I will commence to get my Friday on. Also, sorry to hear that k9nanny is apparently injured. Hope things will get better for you in that regard. The reason I even wrote this is about your last statement....."the days of the week are irrelevant to me." I pretty much feel the same except on two of them I don't have to get up early. But here it is; your words reminded me of the general philosophy of the GOP. The days of the weak are irrelevant to me. Happy Friday folks. Be irrelevant; or not. 8-)
Thats some deep stuff right there.

"The only way to find gold is to dig through the muck."

Or something like that.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Let this be your final reminder in case you've forgotten. Tomorrow is Friday. Time to celebrate!

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:Let this be your final reminder in case you've forgotten. Tomorrow is Friday. Time to celebrate!
Or, as one of my colleagues says, "only two more working days until Monday." :x

O Really
Admiral

But hey - it's not just Friday, it's May Day! And Cinco de Mayo around the corner. Might as well get started early. No Bud Lite allowed. Get some good stuff. :lol:

O Really
Admiral