The Friday Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: The Friday Thread

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:But hey - it's not just Friday, it's May Day! And Cinco de Mayo around the corner. Might as well get started early. No Bud Lite allowed. Get some good stuff. :lol:
It's Forties-Friday though, so that means the trashiest 40 I can find from the shadiest gas station, because that's how Fridays should be.

Miller High Life 40 in a shatter-proof (a.k.a. plastic) bottle.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sp ... vi-BBiUwdl

Now that's celebrating!
Announcer: "...and she really seems to have it all...."

Ya think!?!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:Let this be your final reminder in case you've forgotten. Tomorrow is Friday. Time to celebrate!
Or, as one of my colleagues says, "only two more working days until Monday." :x
Let's see......
yesterday was Friday, tomorrow's Friday, the day after that is Friday, the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that and..... :clap:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:Let this be your final reminder in case you've forgotten. Tomorrow is Friday. Time to celebrate!
Let's see......
yesterday was Friday, tomorrow's Friday, the day after that is Friday, the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that and..... :clap:
I think you're onto something there. If everyday were Friday, then every work day would be a good day. Day after day, I'd come in knowing it was Friday. I could be excited about the very next day being Saturday and feel good all day. I'd wake up, get dressed, put on my tie, don my top hat and trot out the door merrily in anticipation for another Friday. That night I'd go out and celebrate Saturday-eve, happily awaiting the weekend. I'd wake up the very next day, hop on down to the office excited about yet again another Friday. Every day would be good, because every day would be Friday.

If only every day were Friday.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

For sure, I've got one thing on you...every day's Friday (or Saturday) for me. However, you've got me on this:

"That night I'd go out and celebrate Saturday-eve, happily awaiting the weekend."
I'm sure there's a country music song in there somewhere!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

JTA wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:
Let's see......
I think you're onto something there. If everyday were Friday, then every work day would be a good day. Day after day, I'd come in knowing it was Friday. I could be excited about the very next day being Saturday and feel good all day. I'd wake up, get dressed, put on my tie, don my top hat and trot out the door merrily in anticipation for another Friday. That night I'd go out and celebrate Saturday-eve, happily awaiting the weekend. I'd wake up the very next day, hop on down to the office excited about yet again another Friday. Every day would be good, because every day would be Friday.

Sort of a Ground Hog Friday, eh? But really, I've often thought that if it weren't for weekends, nothing would ever get done. Think of how many times you've heard - "we'll get it done by Friday." Or, conversely, "we'll get started on Monday." If all days were equal, in terms of relation to a break in routine, no goals would be set, no starting ribbons cut.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:
Let's see......

Sort of a Ground Hog Friday, eh? But really, I've often thought that if it weren't for weekends, nothing would ever get done. Think of how many times you've heard - "we'll get it done by Friday." Or, conversely, "we'll get started on Monday." If all days were equal, in terms of relation to a break in routine, no goals would be set, no starting ribbons cut.
I think there's a major flaw in my logic. If everyday were Friday, everyday would still be a work day. How about instead we have 5 Fridays in a row, followed by two Saturdays, that way there's a decent balance. Everyday would either be Friday or Saturday.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

way over my head..... :crazy:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

ITS FRIDAYYYYYYYY!

What is everyone's plans for Friday night. How will you celebrate this most holy of high holy holidays?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote: "ITS FRIDAYYYYYYYY!"

"What is everyone's plans for Friday night. How will you celebrate this most holy of high holy holidays?'
Second most high....

Stick my head out the window and watch the wind blow;

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:
JTA wrote: "ITS FRIDAYYYYYYYY!"

"What is everyone's plans for Friday night. How will you celebrate this most holy of high holy holidays?'
Second most high....

Stick my head out the window and watch the wind blow;
I grabbed some four dollar wine from the grocery store. I figured I'd play it fancy tonight and keep it classy. I might even drink out of a wine glass rather than straight from the wine bottle, although that might be taking matters a little bit too far.

O Really
Admiral

Being the geezer I am, and having spent much of the week on the road, I'll be settling in with Mrs. O Really, grilling some salmon, drinking some wine, starting a fire (in the fireplace and with any luck with Mrs. O Really), and watching Grimm.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:Being the geezer I am, and having spent much of the week on the road, I'll be settling in with Mrs. O Really, grilling some salmon, drinking some wine, starting a fire (in the fireplace and with any luck with Mrs. O Really), and watching Grimm.
Nice. I'll be sipping on "Barefoot Pink Moscato" this fine evening, chosen with the utmost care from Wal-Mart's finest discount wine selection. Paired with my wine, I may dine on some premium gas station pizza a little later, and maybe finish with a decadent desert consisting of sweet tarts and an ice cream sandwich.

Van Halen and Bad Company shall accompany me.

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:
O Really wrote:Being the geezer I am, and having spent much of the week on the road, I'll be settling in with Mrs. O Really, grilling some salmon, drinking some wine, starting a fire (in the fireplace and with any luck with Mrs. O Really), and watching Grimm.
Nice. I'll be sipping on "Barefoot Pink Moscato" this fine evening, chosen with the utmost care from Wal-Mart's finest discount wine selection. Paired with my wine, I may dine on some premium gas station pizza a little later, and maybe finish with a decadent desert consisting of sweet tarts and an ice cream sandwich.

You're not inviting AC/DC or GnR? They'll be disappointed - at least the AC/DC guy that's still alive.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:

You're not inviting AC/DC or GnR? They'll be disappointed - at least the AC/DC guy that's still alive.
Axel is a dick and AC DC can suck it. Although I do like a few of their songs. Actually they're alright nevermind. The only thing is, Van Halen is trashier than the other three, so Van Halen wins out for Trashy Friday.

O Really
Admiral

If you insist on fast food, here's some wine pairings... http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/w ... ss-BBiJjU3

Sorry, gas station pizza wasn't listed.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:If you insist on fast food, here's some wine pairings... http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/w ... ss-BBiJjU3

Sorry, gas station pizza wasn't listed.
Awesome

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

For a classic taste, we’re all about California Pizza Kitchen’s Pizza Margherita. What do you pair with gooey cheese and sweet, fresh basil? “Lambrusco all day!”
The cheapest Lambrusco from Wal-Mart's fine discount wine selection should do for gas station pizza, or grape juice and vodka.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

This is where I ended up tonight on the internet: http://www.donutman.com

WTF am I watching.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

JTA wrote:This is where I ended up tonight on the internet: http://www.donutman.com

WTF am I watching.

:shock: