The Friday Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Friday Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:This is where I ended up tonight on the internet: http://www.donutman.com

WTF am I watching.
O Really wrote:If you insist on fast food, here's some wine pairings... http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/w ... ss-BBiJjU3 ...
Slide 4: Who says wine and food pairings only work for dinner? If you’re feeling like a donut (or a dozen!) for your Sunday morning brunch party, Kaner suggests going with something on the sweeter side to accompany it. “For a classic, easy-drinking-in-the-morning mindset, I would probably recommend a Moscato d’Asti," ...
JTA wrote:... I'll be sipping on "Barefoot Pink Moscato" this fine evening, chosen with the utmost care from Wal-Mart's finest discount wine selection....
Fine viewing and drink in a perfect combination.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
JTA wrote:This is where I ended up tonight on the internet: [url]http://www.donutman.com[/url]

WTF am I watching.
O Really wrote:If you insist on fast food, here's some wine pairings... http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/w ... ss-BBiJjU3 ...
Slide 4: Who says wine and food pairings only work for dinner? If you’re feeling like a donut (or a dozen!) for your Sunday morning brunch party, Kaner suggests going with something on the sweeter side to accompany it. “For a classic, easy-drinking-in-the-morning mindset, I would probably recommend a Moscato d’Asti," ...
JTA wrote:... I'll be sipping on "Barefoot Pink Moscato" this fine evening, chosen with the utmost care from Wal-Mart's finest discount wine selection....
Fine viewing and drink in a perfect combination.
Did I just experience a synchronicity last night? Is the universe trying to tell me something?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

I'm not sure about synchronicity, but if you're up this early on a Saturday the universe is trying to tell you to drink more Moscato next time.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

<yawn> Hi y'all....boy that was a good long nap! <yawn> Is it Friday yet?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's not Friday, but it's Cinco de Mayo, a totally US occasion with a Spanishy theme. But fun nonetheless. Who had margaritas? I love margaritas, but don't drink them anymore since I found out they were about 750 calories each. And what's the point of having only one?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

O Really wrote:It's not Friday, but it's Cinco de Mayo, a totally US occasion with a Spanishy theme. But fun nonetheless. Who had margaritas? I love margaritas, but don't drink them anymore since I found out they were about 750 calories each. And what's the point of having only one?
:shock: :shock:

Good god, I had no idea there were that many calories in those.

O Really
Admiral

bannination wrote:
O Really wrote:It's not Friday, but it's Cinco de Mayo, a totally US occasion with a Spanishy theme. But fun nonetheless. Who had margaritas? I love margaritas, but don't drink them anymore since I found out they were about 750 calories each. And what's the point of having only one?
:shock: :shock:

Good god, I had no idea there were that many calories in those.
Well, that's for a 12-ouncer, on the rocks, but yeah, they're high calorie. Add some typical Mexican food to them, like Chiles Relleno, burrito, refrieds with guac and sour cream, and you've got a week's worth of calories. Too bad, way back in the day when I was in S. Texas, I lived on that stuff.
Of course, I was 20-something with a metabolism that would burn anything.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I made burritos. Not because its cinco de mayo, but because that's pretty much what I eat everyday. Good thing about making burritos is you can put just about almost anything in them. Even stuff that doesnt belong in a burrito. Cinco de mayo burritos:

Burrito wrap thing
Cheese
Chicken
Quinoa spinach stuff from trader joes
Onions
Mushrooms
Ranch seasoning
Green onions
Lemon pepper seasoning

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:
O Really wrote:Being the geezer I am, and having spent much of the week on the road, I'll be settling in with Mrs. O Really, grilling some salmon, drinking some wine, starting a fire (in the fireplace and with any luck with Mrs. O Really), and watching Grimm.
Nice. I'll be sipping on "Barefoot Pink Moscato" this fine evening, chosen with the utmost care from Wal-Mart's finest discount wine selection. Paired with my wine, I may dine on some premium gas station pizza a little later, and maybe finish with a decadent desert consisting of sweet tarts and an ice cream sandwich.

Van Halen and Bad Company shall accompany me.
You're apparently a trend leader, JTA, with the gas station pizza. Who woulda thunk it?... http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/f ... ar-BBjDJuC

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:
O Really wrote:Being the geezer I am, and having spent much of the week on the road, I'll be settling in with Mrs. O Really, grilling some salmon, drinking some wine, starting a fire (in the fireplace and with any luck with Mrs. O Really), and watching Grimm.
Nice. I'll be sipping on "Barefoot Pink Moscato" this fine evening, chosen with the utmost care from Wal-Mart's finest discount wine selection. Paired with my wine, I may dine on some premium gas station pizza a little later, and maybe finish with a decadent desert consisting of sweet tarts and an ice cream sandwich.

Van Halen and Bad Company shall accompany me.
You're apparently a trend leader, JTA, with the gas station pizza. Who woulda thunk it?... http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/f ... ar-BBjDJuC
I'm telling you man, QT's pizza is where its at. If you ever drive by a QT stop and pick up a slice. The prices are reasonable and the pizza is actually decent. I spend so much money at quick trip. When I saw on TV that the rioters had burnt down the QT in Ferguson a while back I shed a tear because Quick trip is the best thing that can happen to a community. Way better than the shitty 711 I had nearby when I was a kid. I think they even have wawa beat.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Sept 2003 - In Florida, the founder of Domino's Pizza opened a university. It's the only school that can guarantee grads a job when they get out.

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:
I'm telling you man, QT's pizza is where its at. If you ever drive by a QT stop and pick up a slice. The prices are reasonable and the pizza is actually decent. I spend so much money at quick trip. When I saw on TV that the rioters had burnt down the QT in Ferguson a while back I shed a tear because Quick trip is the best thing that can happen to a community. Way better than the shitty 711 I had nearby when I was a kid. I think they even have wawa beat.
I like QT, although I haven't had their pizza. My personal rule, for health reasons, since I really love pizza, is to have pizza only when I'm in NY or NJ. Otherwise, I could eat it pretty often, including cold for breakfast. Speaking of Wawa, did you know they're in Florida now? And Virginia. May Carolinas eventually.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:
I like QT, although I haven't had their pizza. My personal rule, for health reasons, since I really love pizza, is to have pizza only when I'm in NY or NJ. Otherwise, I could eat it pretty often, including cold for breakfast. Speaking of Wawa, did you know they're in Florida now? And Virginia. May Carolinas eventually.
Yeah I see one somewhere along I-95 in VA when I go back to NJ. I think it might be Petersburg, not sure. I did not know they were in FL though. I don't know though man, QT gives Wawa a run for their money. The only thing Wawa has on QT though is those cheap soft pretzels that aren't even that good, and the subs. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them around this way. South Carolina and this region in general is lacking in good subs, not that Wawa is the cream of the crop or anything when it comes to subs, but it'd still be an improvement I suppose.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

No Wawa's, Sheetz, or QT's around here, so I have to be satisfied with stopping at a Sheetz when we go to Maryland. (never seen a Wawa's). Some of the C-Stores around here bake up and serve Hunt Brother's pizza which ain't too shabby.

When I was working, a 6" pepperoni and an ice cold Pepsi hit the spot for lunch.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:No Wawa's, Sheetz, or QT's around here, so I have to be satisfied with stopping at a Sheetz when we go to Maryland. (never seen a Wawa's). Some of the C-Stores around here bake up and serve Hunt Brother's pizza which ain't too shabby.

When I was working, a 6" pepperoni and an ice cold Pepsi hit the spot for lunch.
Oh man QTs pizza destroys hunt brothers. You need to make a special trip just to experience a QT. Maybe plan a vacation with the family. I'm sure there are some reasonably prices motels near QT. Could make for a great family vacation on the cheap.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I went to the home page for QT's to search for locations......it showed me five locations where I'm at now...if I was in Richardson, Texas! This AT&T UVerse is one strange critter!

Anyhow, the closest one in NC from Hendersonville is Gastonia, but the real closest one is WHITE HORSE RD & FARRS BRIDGE RD
7840 White Horse Rd., Greenville, SC. Will check it out. Ain't a thing wrong with gas station pizza...('ceptin the gas).

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Yes Virginia, there is a Wawa in Petersburg. Right across from the Pizza Hut and
a bit down the side road from the DMV. Wawa is a bit classier than the average
convenience store, guess that's why the prices are a bit more. I never bought
much food there, except for cookies and stuff. They do have a milkshake machine
that makes pretty good shakes.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:I went to the home page for QT's to search for locations......it showed me five locations where I'm at now...if I was in Richardson, Texas! This AT&T UVerse is one strange critter!

Haha I go to that one all the time for lunch snacks. White horse road is probably the worst possible place though you could go to in Greenville to be honest. What brings you to that area?

Anyhow, the closest one in NC from Hendersonville is Gastonia, but the real closest one is WHITE HORSE RD & FARRS BRIDGE RD
7840 White Horse Rd., Greenville Will check it out. Ain't a thing wrong with gas station pizza...('ceptin the gas).

White horse road is probably the worst possible place though you could go to in Greenville to be honest. QT is a veritable oasis though so its all good.

I should really be asleep right now instead of online discussing the finer points of QT.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Never heard of a QT but was a Wawa junkie when I was in the NE. My daughter makes sure that's our first stop when we head to the NE. Although the last time I was kind of lost with the fact it's all computer ran now, want a samwich go to the computer. :thumbdown: Coffee is still top notch and puts starbucks to shame!!!!! :thumbup:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Colonel Taylor wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Never heard of a QT but was a Wawa junkie when I was in the NE. My daughter makes sure that's our first stop when we head to the NE. Although the last time I was kind of lost with the fact it's all computer ran now, want a samwich go to the computer. :thumbdown: Coffee is still top notch and puts starbucks to shame!!!!! :thumbup:
My first visit to a Sheetz in Maryland was a nightmare trying to order a sub sandwich with that goofy touchscreen computer. The clerk wasn't all that eager to assist either, but I wasn't about to pay $29.95 for that sandwich and a Pepsi!