2016 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: 2016 Elections

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:I like him and would vote for him over Clinton, but Warren is much closer to my politics
No disagreement there.

I think that Clinton's role is to attract all the smears and mud from the far right, keeping it off viable candidates like Warren for as long as possible, until they throw their hats into the ring.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

Unread post by Roland Deschain »

billy.pilgrim wrote:not so sure it is threatening to give someone what they asked for the guy is an idiot and all servers should see it as a moral obligation to shit and not wash before serving him
I find it hilarious that you dumbfucks can't understand that Tillis' statement was one of satire in order to make a point about government regulation. Nice to know you idiots are so stupid that you have to have the government tell you wash your hands after you wipe your ass. SMH

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Roland Deschain wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:not so sure it is threatening to give someone what they asked for the guy is an idiot and all servers should see it as a moral obligation to shit and not wash before serving him
I find it hilarious that you dumbfucks can't understand that Tillis' statement was one of satire in order to make a point about government regulation. Nice to know you idiots are so stupid that you have to have the government tell you wash your hands after you wipe your ass. SMH
I find it hilarious that you apparently know nothing about liability in this new legal litigious age we live in. If there were no official directive for food workers to observe basic sanitation procedures, the business owner would be liable for any damage as a result. You dumbfuck. By the way, what's your take on the requirement that people have a seatbelt on while in a car? Do you wear one? Are you a dumbfuck for not wearing one and having to be told to? Enlighten us. By the way, I generally wash my hands after shitting but if I knew ahead of time I would have to shake your hand, I would wipe with my hand and not wash.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

the news was once filled with the dire warning from conservatives that the car industry would be doomed and poor people would no longer be capable of buying cars (see they were for the middle class in the 60s too) if the industry were mandated to provide seat belts.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:the news was once filled with the dire warning from conservatives that the car industry would be doomed and poor people would no longer be capable of buying cars (see they were for the middle class in the 60s too) if the industry were mandated to provide seat belts.
They're not even smart enough or aware enough to catch on to the fact that they have been on the losing side of every major cultural issue for over 150 years.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Roland Deschain wrote:I find it hilarious that you dumbfucks can't understand that Tillis' statement was one of satire in order to make a point about government regulation. Nice to know you idiots are so stupid that you have to have the government tell you wash your hands after you wipe your ass. SMH
No, it wasn't satire. He was making a point - a valid point even if your disagree with it - and he meant what he said.
“As a matter of fact I think this is one where I think I can illustrate the point,” he recalled telling her. “I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that. It’s one example.” (Is requiring a sign not a regulation?)
And he doubled down on it later:
“As a matter of fact I think this is one where I think I can illustrate the point,” he recalled telling her. “I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that. It’s one example.” (Is requiring a sign not a regulation?)
It's not about what the government tells us to do. It's about what WE - via the government - tell corporations to do. There's a long history of corporations choosing profits over personal and environmental safety.

Often they won't even choose their own safety beyond the next fiscal year. Witness how most every Wall Street bank failed in 2008, after choosing industry-wide fraud for short-term profits over longer-term stability.

Nor does the "If they do this they're go out of business" argument work any more, not there's money to be made buying successful companies and driving them into the ground. They get bought out by some Bain Capital style hedge fund, which then puts them deep in debt to pay their investors a dividend. They sell off the company's properties for a quick profit, leaving it in more debt for rent. And then they walk away.

This is what's now happening with Red Lobster and Olive Garden. And Remington Arms. It's only a matter of time until you're declaring lib'ruls, gun control and Obama being responsible for the company's demise.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

If he runs, he better be prepared to answer the sexuality issue. It will come up. That might be a quandary for FUX.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede wrote:Which is worse for a Southern Baptist, USAF Colonel, GOP pol, being gay or that in 60 years no woman would have him?
Well, if he's remained single, the average WASBR (White Anglo-Saxon Baptist Redneck) can maintain his/her personal delusion that Lindsey is hetero, but dedicated himself to service and chose to remain unmarried. EVERYONE know there's a gay elephant in the room, but to not speak of it is to pretend that it isn't there. Kinda like Baptists meeting each other in the liquor store and neither acknowledging the other's presence.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:... Kinda like Baptists meeting each other in the liquor store and neither acknowledging the other's presence.
Or gay bar.
Pretty much.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
Trump launching presidential exploratory committee

... "I am the only one who can make America truly great again," ...
:clap: :thumbsup: :sunny:

Me (stolen from Boatrocker):
Dang, just how many can fit in that GOP Klown Kar?
Reply:
They had to upgrade to a Clown Bus.
:D

followed by a klown presidency

ALEC and a few states that go with a split electoral vote and, bingo, we get klown1 without the popular vote - just pick a few states like Michigan and we have another round of klown wars

not that the dems can come back in 2020 - but by then WW3 will be going full tilt
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

their bff black guy

Dr. Ben Carson struggled to win over a skeptical radio host who repeatedly grilled him on Wednesday over national security issues.

Carson, a retired neurosurgeon and likely presidential candidate, faced off against conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt. As the conversation began, Hewitt said he didn't want to conduct an "ambush interview." However, he nevertheless pressed Carson on specific military programs and even the origins of the Islamic faith.

"I want to be respectful in posing this. But I mean, you wouldn’t expect me to become a neurosurgeon in a couple of years. And I wouldn’t expect you to be able to access and understand and collate the information necessary to be a global strategist in a couple of years. Is it fair for people to worry that you just haven’t been in the world strategy long enough to be competent to imagine you in the Oval Office deciding these things?" Hewitt asked, according to a transcript of the show.

Carson, who polls show is a leading White House contender, insisted he had the breadth of knowledge necessary to be commander-in-chief. Nevertheless, Carson appeared to get tripped up by a few of Hewitt's questions.

At one point, Carson said the US should convince the three Baltic countries — Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia — to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization military alliance in order to counter Russian President Vladimir Putin. However, those countries joined NATO more than a decade ago, in 2004.

"We need to convince them to get involved in NATO and strengthen NATO," Carson said.

Hewitt, who will question the Republican presidential candidates at an official presidential debate, called Carson out.

"Well, the Baltics, they are in NATO," the radio host said. "Dr. Carson, one of the things I know that’s going to come up, and again, I don’t do ambush interviews, but ... it appeared you didn't know that the Baltic states were a part of NATO."

Hewitt said he had additional concerns about Carson dating tensions in the Islamic religion back to the time of Esau and Jacob, figures from the Bible's Old Testament. Hewitt noted Islam originated with the Prophet Muhammad, who was born several hundred years after the Old Testament.

"Well, first of all, you have to recognize they go back thousands and thousands of years, really back to the battle between Jacob and Esau," Carson said when asked about the source of jihadist "rage."

Hewitt again called out Carson.

"Dr. Carson, but you know, Muhammad lives in 632AD, so it’s a 1,300, 1,400 year old religion. How do you go back to Jacob and Esau, which are BC?" he asked.

Carson repeated his statement as Hewitt told him "scholars might dispute" that claim.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ben-cars ... omfortable...

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Brilliant. Carson will be a big hit with the stupid crowd. Step right up, folks.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

What about governor Brown

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:What about governor Brown
Jerry? I don't follow him but it looks like he's rather popular in CA. I kind of like him; he's an old hippie.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ted Cruz will announce his candidacy for President today :lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:Ted Cruz will announce his candidacy for President today :lol:

at a venue with forced attendance

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:What about governor Brown
Jerry? I don't follow him but it looks like he's rather popular in CA. I kind of like him; he's an old hippie.

I haven't followed him either, but he could be right for the job

I like Warren and Bernie, but the resistance of wall street makes warren unelectable and fox has already started calling Bernie a grumpy old man

run Jerry run

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Heh, pretty good; somebody's already hacked this dubmass. I bet old Cruz is mad about this.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:Heh, pretty good; somebody's already hacked this dubmass. I bet old Cruz is mad about this.
No hack required, the dumbass waited too long to register

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

neoplacebo wrote:Heh, pretty good; somebody's already hacked this dubmass. I bet old Cruz is mad about this.
They probably bought up those domains before the Ted Cruz crew thought to.

If I were a time traveler this is what I'd do. I'd go back in time before the internet even existed and would buy up all the domain names imaginable so I could mark up the price and sell them and cash out and be rich.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.