STUDY: U.S. Spends $92 Billion on Corp. Welfare

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

STUDY: U.S. Spends $92 Billion on Corp. Welfare

Unread post by bannination »

http://wepartypatriots.com/wp/2012/09/2 ... e-welfare/
STUDY: U.S. Spends $59 Billion on Social Welfare…$92 Billion on Corporate Welfare

I don't know how well the data is on this, but it was interesting none-the-less.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Re: STUDY: U.S. Spends $92 Billion on Corp. Welfare

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Corporate welfare for the most part makes no sense. Even all the money for GREEN JOBS made no sense. Most of the companies getting the money are doing pretty well let them and their stock holders foot the bill.
If the consumer wants it they will come and buy it. :idea:

bannination
Captain

Re: STUDY: U.S. Spends $92 Billion on Corp. Welfare

Unread post by bannination »

Colonel Taylor wrote:Corporate welfare for the most part makes no sense. Even all the money for GREEN JOBS made no sense. Most of the companies getting the money are doing pretty well let them and their stock holders foot the bill.
If the consumer wants it they will come and buy it. :idea:
I can live with the government funding public research, but as far as just handing over money to private corporations.... I have to agree. If it's funded by government money then we should all have access to the research, it's our money. (I'm thinking solar panel research, for example.)

I really don't know how corporate welfare is avoidable, unless a law is passed country wide that it's illegal somehow. Everyone wants the businesses to come to their town, and now it's whoever puts forth the most money to get them there.