The Question Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: The Question Thread

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Not just Vrede - eye candy for anybody male or female that has an appreciation of a fine set of abs."
<snicker>.......surely those pics don't trip your trigger...!?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:"Not just Vrede - eye candy for anybody male or female that has an appreciation of a fine set of abs."
Being hetero, I don't find them sexually arousing, if that's what you mean by "trigger." But I have no problem whatsoever recognizing that those are some fine bodies, and since the topic was "eye candy," they certainly qualify. Fashion sense, not so much. BTW, I can also admire female bodies without sexualizing them. Can you?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
Being hetero, I don't find them sexually arousing, if that's what you mean by "trigger." But I have no problem whatsoever recognizing that those are some fine bodies, and since the topic was "eye candy," they certainly qualify. Fashion sense, not so much. BTW, I can also admire female bodies without sexualizing them. Can you?
Wife: "Are you checking that lady out!?!?"
Husband: "No way. I was just admiring her body, but in a totally non sexual way."
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:
O Really wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
Husband: "No way. I was just admiring her body, but in a totally non sexual way."
Likewise, the "Sexy Lady Silhouette" on a truck's bumper or mud flap lets you know at a glance that the driver sees women as vaguely arousing, faceless voids of blackness.

It makes "Vote Republican" seem kinda wordy.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

rstrong wrote:
JTA wrote:
O Really wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
Likewise, the "Sexy Lady Silhouette" on a truck's bumper or mud flap lets you know at a glance that the driver sees women as vaguely arousing, faceless voids of blackness.

It makes "Vote Republican" seem kinda wordy.
That's how they let all the classy ladies know they're not gay.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:That's how they let the world know that classy ladies shun them.
That's why you need to spike your hair, or grease it back, drench yourself in axe body spray, wear a "Tapout" t shirt that's three sizes too tight, wear some pre-faded jeans you bought for 100 dollars, get a tribal tattoo, and/or a tattoo written in Chinese characters, or even some barbed wire tattooed around your upper arm, and wear a gold chain with a giant gaudy cubic zirconium cross, and cruise the streets in your decked out Mitsubishi Eclipse, be sure to blast Buck Cherry as you head for the mall to hit on 18 year old girls when you're thirty five.
Last edited by JTA on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Your wife sounds cool. :P
Man, I can only dream of being as cool as that guy I just described.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

That's why you need to spike your hair, or grease it back, drench yourself in axe body spray, wear a "Tapout" t shirt that's three sizes too tight, wear some pre-faded jeans you bought for 100 dollars, get a tribal tattoo, and/or a tattoo written in Chinese characters, or even some barbed wire tattooed around your upper arm, and wear a gold chain with a giant gaudy cubic zirconium cross, and cruise the streets in your decked out Mitsubishi Eclipse, be sure to blast Buck Cherry as you head for the mall to hit on 18 year old girls when you're thirty five.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Is that John Boehner's son?

O Really
Admiral

You guys can laugh if you like, but you know that you choose to look at a person in a sexual manner - or not. For example, take it out of the hot hard-body category. If you see a very large woman, you might think "I wouldn't want to go to bed with her" (sexual) or "she could use some serious diet and gym work" (non-sexual) Mr.B chose to look at the two guys in a sexual manner; I chose to admire their abs. Matters not to me if they are gay abs, straight abs, female or male - they're a work of art.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:You guys can laugh if you like, but you know that you choose to look at a person in a sexual manner - or not. For example, take it out of the hot hard-body category. If you see a very large woman, you might think "I wouldn't want to go to bed with her" (sexual) or "she could use some serious diet and gym work" (non-sexual) Mr.B chose to look at the two guys in a sexual manner; I chose to admire their abs. Matters not to me if they are gay abs, straight abs, female or male - they're a work of art.
Hell, if I looked like those boys do, I'd go to the beach myself.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:You guys can laugh if you like, but you know that you choose to look at a person in a sexual manner - or not. For example, take it out of the hot hard-body category. If you see a very large woman, you might think "I wouldn't want to go to bed with her" (sexual) or "she could use some serious diet and gym work" (non-sexual) Mr.B chose to look at the two guys in a sexual manner; I chose to admire their abs. Matters not to me if they are gay abs, straight abs, female or male - they're a work of art.
Problem solved (just don't take off your shirt):

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yeah you're right. It's like with people who work in the healthcare profession. They probably inevitably have to look at dongs and poonans here and there, but when they do they do so in a non-sexual manner.

O Really
Admiral

JTA wrote:
But...but...but being able to take off your shirt is the point. Visible abs aren't necessarily any stronger than those that have a thin - thin - fat layer. It's totally a vanity thing. Wearing that stuff would be as awful as a bad combover. (yes, I know - "bad" and "combover" is redundant)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:
But...but...but being able to take off your shirt is the point. Visible abs aren't necessarily any stronger than those that have a thin - thin - fat layer. It's totally a vanity thing. Wearing that stuff would be as awful as a bad combover. (yes, I know - "bad" and "combover" is redundant)
Problem Solved:

O Really
Admiral

Oh...that is just so wrong! :shock: :shock:

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Yeah, and if you lived where they do, it would be in Tel Aviv. :lol:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

We have to toughen up; those Palestinians heft some pretty good sized rocks now and again.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote: "That's why you need to spike your hair, or grease it back, drench yourself in axe body spray, wear a "Tapout" t shirt that's three sizes too tight, wear some pre-faded jeans you bought for 100 dollars, get a tribal tattoo, and/or a tattoo written in Chinese characters, or even some barbed wire tattooed around your upper arm, and wear a gold chain with a giant gaudy cubic zirconium cross, and cruise the streets......."
Seems that's how I remember Vrede when I met him when I worked at Ingles. :lol: :o I'm not sure what he drove though; might'a been a moped.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:
JTA wrote: "That's why you need to spike your hair, or grease it back, drench yourself in axe body spray, wear a "Tapout" t shirt that's three sizes too tight, wear some pre-faded jeans you bought for 100 dollars, get a tribal tattoo, and/or a tattoo written in Chinese characters, or even some barbed wire tattooed around your upper arm, and wear a gold chain with a giant gaudy cubic zirconium cross, and cruise the streets......."
Seems that's how I remember Vrede when I met him when I worked at Ingles. :lol: :o I'm not sure what he drove though; might'a been a moped.
I worked at Ingles too. We are Ingles brothers.