The Question Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The Question Thread

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:20 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:11 pm
Opps, put that in the wrong thread.
Why is Da Coach so big a dick?
FTFY.
:-|| :clap:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

How did you not know he was a dick back in the day? Everybody else did.

Oh yeah, da Bears were 106-92 and a Super Bowl win.

O Really
Admiral

David Mulugheta, a prominent NFL agent and the president of Athletes First, had a brutally honest response to Ditka’s comments.

“This doesn’t surprise me at all. Mike Dikta traded his helmet in for a white hood as soon as he retired from football. Racism hiding behind faux patriotism is still racism,” the NFL agent said on Twitter.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

In 85 da coach was a God, no one knew or even thought about his politics. Things started turning south in 1987 during the strike when the NFL hired scabs. He turned on his guys and pronounced the Spare Bears the real Bears.

When he had a heart attack in 1988 helicopters were flying over Halas Hall and local news interrupted programming. Chicago still loved him, the players, not so much. His office was stocked with fine wine and cigars, two D linemen, Dan "Danimal " Hampton and Steve "Mongo" McMichael relieved Ditka of his stash with no remorse.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

There is some merit to the idea of "if you don't like it here, then leave" in regard to things that really aren't changeable. F'rinstance, if you're going to constantly whine about hot humid weather, don't live in South Florida. And don't try to bring your damn big box store to St. Johnsbury, VT. But it's way too often applied to simple differences in political/cultural opinion among citizens with (supposedly) equal standing. I remember when a response to "love it or leave it" was "change it or lose it."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:15 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:34 am
I don't usually watch trump, but yesterday I watched a 5 minute video of trump explaining to Chris Wallace how he did better than anyone on his dementia test.
When I looked for it today, I couldn't find it. I found a bunch of articles explaining it and these articles had 4 and 5 minute videos, but all had been changed to coronavirus bs.

Does anyone have a link to the long video about the test, all I can find is short tweet videos?
The best part of that interview was when Trump was explaining to Wallace how difficult the test was and how he aced it, and how the last five questions were exceptionally hard. Wallace responds with (paraphrased) "Sir one of the questions was to count back 7 from 100", Trump says something then Wallace says the answer "93".

Trump's use of hyperbole makes him sound ridiculous most of the time, but this time he made himself sound like a complete moron (more so than usual).
@pissoffmate9

This is our black mountain in Belfast Northern Ireland.....people put slogans on it from time to time and this has just turned up......even Northern Ireland hates tRump

:D :clap:

Notes:
5150 Hold

Under California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) 5150, an individual can be placed (involuntary) to a locked psychiatric facility, for an evaluation for up to 72 hours. Any peace officer or specific individuals authorized by a county government may place the hold. Three criteria apply – the individual is assessed to be: a danger to themselves, a danger to others, or "gravely disabled". Per WIC 5008, grave disability is defined as an individual's lack of ability, due to their mental illness, to provide for their food, clothing, or shelter.
While working ER in California I participated in many 5150s.

The tweeter's avatar:

:thumbup:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Probably everybody has asked the question "why the fuck do I have to click through a stupid slide show to read a simple article? The answer, of course, is that by putting the article in slide version, they can make more click bait appear on your screen. Not too long ago, a lot of the articles had a small print option at the top to "view as one page" but they stopped doing that. Sometimes you can reduce it to one page by deleting all the address to the right of [file name]. But they wised up to that too, and most of them don't work for that anymore.

And then there's "deslide" a website that recodes the pages into one. http://deslide.clusterfake.net/

You can put the bookmarklet on your bookmarks line and when you get to a webpage with a slide show, just click on the bookmarklet and it will open the a new tab and show everything on one page.

It does not work for all sites, but it works for a bunch.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

didn't mark meadows announce about a week aga that trump would not be doing any rnc speeches from the WH?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:43 am
didn't mark meadows announce about a week aga that trump would not be doing any rnc speeches from the WH?
Could be, but I did not see that. PINO did say Gettysburg or the WH a few weeks ago.

Hatch Act, what Hatch Act?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Is trump's campaign paying for his using AF1 for campaigning?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:18 pm
Is trump's campaign paying for his using AF1 for campaigning?
Not a chance. Hell, if the truth was known I'd bet taxpayers are paying for the maintenance and upkeep of trump's own plane.....the one with his name on it it big letters. We're likely also paying for the pilots who don't fly it but are on retainer.

O Really
Admiral

You could have ended the question with "...paying" and still always get the same "hell no" answer.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The media sure made a big deal out of ensuring that Presidents Clinton, bush and Obama paid.

Where are the people speak6for me? At least some pol could stand up and remind them that this is illegal. Use video of trump saying it is illegal.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:59 pm
The media sure made a big deal out of ensuring that Presidents Clinton, bush and Obama paid.

Where are the people speak6for me? At least some pol could stand up and remind them that this is illegal. Use video of trump saying it is illegal.
None of that matters anymore. Trump has violated so many laws, regulations and customs, told so many lies, cast so many insults and patently stupid statements that no individual thing he could do makes much of an impact. Sad, but yeah, he could shoot somebody on 5th Ave and get by with it.

O Really
Admiral

And besides, why are you worrying about yet another Trumptransgression instead of closing your hurricane shutters and bringing in the patio furniture?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:07 pm
And besides, why are you worrying about yet another Trumptransgression instead of closing your hurricane shutters and bringing in the patio furniture?
furniture is in. This is by leaps and bounds the most relaxing hurricane I have experienced since we bought the first beach house in 1983.
At my age, I'm glad to be rid of it. I do still occasionally stop by when it's vacant and sit in the swing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I read that Madison Cawthorn refused to be frisked after his wheelchair and/or gun set off the metal detector. He claimed that frisking violated the Americans with Disabilities Act and refused.
This all occurred after he admitted to being armed in the House chamber during the riots.

But I can't find the article.

Do any of you have anything on him using the ADA to violate House rules? I give up.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 am
I read that Madison Cawthorn refused to be frisked after his wheelchair and/or gun set off the metal detector. He claimed that frisking violated the Americans with Disabilities Act and refused.
This all occurred after he admitted to being armed in the House chamber during the riots.

But I can't find the article.

Do any of you have anything on him using the ADA to violate House rules? I give up.
I remember reading something about that yesterday or the day before on Yahoo but a quick search for it comes up with nothing. If I remember right, he refused to submit to the metal detectors that were newly installed after the insurrection, as have other right wing nutjobs. I suspect that there's no ADA regulation preventing the searching of handicapped people.....I think it happens all the time at airports. My guess is that Madison is just so used to telling lies that he just does it without thinking.

O Really
Admiral

Funny you should mention. I do happen to know a bit about the ADA. Short version, Cawthorne is, as expected, full of shit. The ADA has several parts, prohibiting discrimination in housing, access, and employment, but none of those would apply to a security precaution such as metal detecting or frisking. Even if they only frisked people in wheel chairs it wouldn't be discrimination because it's the equipment, not the disability, that creates the frisk. The access provisions wouldn't apply either. That guys is dumber than a box of hammers and is waaaaay over his head in major league politics. Heck, he'd be over his head in Mayberry politics.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I just wish I could find the article. The little shit was going on and on about them violating him by putting their hands on him.