Afghanistan

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Afghanistan

Unread post by O Really »

I don't have a problem with hunting/killing Bin Laden. Whether he was the "mastermind" of the 9/11 attacks or just funded, or not, he was seen as an almost mythical/cultlike leader of the evil and mysterious al Qaeda. Some degree of revenge - real or perceived - had to be extracted. Taking down a world-known and recognized terror leader gets way more public value than killing some swarthy guy nobody ever hear of even if he was the most direct still-alive doer.

But really, there's no difference in 19 guys hijacking three airplanes and flying or attempting to fly them into buildings and one guy stealing a car and driving a bomb into one building or one guy wearing a bomb into a crowd - except for the number of lives and the property cost. For what was a carefully planned and well-executed criminal endeavor, we've turned the country upside down. It's as if some really well-planned escapade managed to rob a billion dollars from a large bank and in response we restrict access to individual bank accounts, close all walk-in bank offices, put security check and metal detectors in front of ATM's...yada.

Bottom line, Bin Laden's team won.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, I'd say so. Meanwhile, we get the Patriot Act and militarized local police forces. Perfect.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:58 pm
I don't have a problem with hunting/killing Bin Laden. Whether he was the "mastermind" of the 9/11 attacks or just funded, or not, he was seen as an almost mythical/cultlike leader of the evil and mysterious al Qaeda. Some degree of revenge - real or perceived - had to be extracted. Taking down a world-known and recognized terror leader gets way more public value than killing some swarthy guy nobody ever hear of even if he was the most direct still-alive doer.

But really, there's no difference in 19 guys hijacking three airplanes and flying or attempting to fly them into buildings and one guy stealing a car and driving a bomb into one building or one guy wearing a bomb into a crowd - except for the number of lives and the property cost. For what was a carefully planned and well-executed criminal endeavor, we've turned the country upside down. It's as if some really well-planned escapade managed to rob a billion dollars from a large bank and in response we restrict access to individual bank accounts, close all walk-in bank offices, put security check and metal detectors in front of ATM's...yada.

Bottom line, Bin Laden's team won.

1cat ain't gonna understand.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:09 pm
Got it. Pay for innocent orphaned children with many, many times more innocent sick and dead children. You are more of an ovine fan of Obama than I am. Too bad that Shrub screwed up so badly, it never would have been left to Obama to handle.
    I’m glad you’re concerned about innocent children, meanwhile the left has said it’s ok to murder babies at 9 months.

billy.pilgrim
    Admiral

1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 am
    Vrede too wrote:
    Got it. Pay for innocent orphaned children with many, many times more innocent sick and dead children. You are more of an ovine fan of Obama than I am. Too bad that Shrub screwed up so badly, it never would have been left to Obama to handle.
      I’m glad you’re concerned about innocent children, meanwhile the left has said it’s ok to murder babies at 9 months.
      An inability to stay on topic generally means you lost the discussion and are running back your "mommy".
      Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Wussy deflection when floundering, typical child-hating misogynist. You fail the definitions of "murder", "babies" and "9 months", dumbass.
      A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
      -- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
      1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
      Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
      Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 am
      Vrede too wrote:
        Hilarious; another gullible wingnut who accepts whatever the far right chooses to spew out. Please tell us who on "the left" has said it's ok to murder babies. My stupid ass congressman sends me mailers alleging the same thing and I just yesterday had to tell him, again, that he's just making this up.....he now calls it "abortion survivors" but I still scold him about how falsely presenting an issue to his constituents who are ignorant of the issue only serves to create more hysteria. Usually my closing line in my emails to Phil Roe are "fuck you" and I extend it to you as well, dumbass.

billy.pilgrim
        Admiral

Facts are funny

Evangelicals have more abortions than any other group, including atheists. This is due to the fact that they are too scared that mommy and daddy will find out they are using birth control, so they try the old ways, get pregnant and either do it on their own or mommy and daddy change their minds about abortion. After all, what would the neighbors think?

O Really
        Admiral

And even IF someone on the left had advocated killing babies, and had also advocated for not poisoning/shooting/caging children, the two issues are not related. Old lawyer humour includes “If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell" Or, for the conservatives, "if you're clueless or totally wrong, just mumble "butwhudabout".

O Really
        Admiral

And CAT did indeed manage to get attention on to his ridiculous assertion and off the topic. Trump's taught him well.

neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
        Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:00 am
        And CAT did indeed manage to get attention on to his ridiculous assertion and off the topic. Trump's taught him well.
        Well, back to Afghanistan; I got a mailer from one of my Senators, Marsha Blackburn, the other day. Evidently she recently went there and got her photo taken with a TN National Guard unit that's over there. She didn't mention the rationale of why we're there or how long we've been there; just that she was "...proud to represent the members" of the military that are there. I had to look closely at the pic, which had probably around fifty Guardsmen in it, to see any black folks and there were only one or two.....made me think that a lot of them didn't want to be in a pic with her. She's crazy as a loon.

Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster

Are the NG/AG whiter than the regular enlisted services? I would guess so, but don't know.
        1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
        Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

It was a Tennishoe National Guard unit...
        Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
        Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 am
        Are the NG/AG whiter than the regular enlisted services? I would guess so, but don't know.
        All the Tennessee Republican Guards are white as the driven snow; most other units are composed variously of quadroons, doubloons, spitoons, and dragoons.

Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
        Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm
        All the Tennessee Republican Guards are white as the driven snow; most other units are composed variously of quadroons, doubloons, spitoons, and dragoons.
        Ultimately led, of course, by the Buffoon in Chief.
        1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
        Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
        Vrede too wrote:
        It became fashionable during Vietnam for NG everywhere to be white

billy.pilgrim
        Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
        Vrede too wrote:
        It became fashionable during Vietnam for NG everywhere to be white

1 CAT FAN
        Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

You fools have been tripping over one another all day. I'm thankful that flower children have no authority in this country, and never will. The welcome wagon would open up the front door for any aggression, the white flag would come up and obedience instantaneously.
          You buffoons are more concerned with the outcome, tiptoeing around a foreign aggressor, than the Americans that lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. Your pacifist approach would be, "Oh let it go, surely he won't do it again." All I can do is shake my head in disgust, that idiot attacked this Nation and it's people on our soil, there would be consequences to his actions.
            Life is precious, and I do not condone the CIA's tactics, but you darlings do not condone it then switch around and condone the killing of our Nations infants. New York, not only, passed, but celebrated a new bill that allows babies at nine months of gestation to be ripped from their mother’s wombs and murdered. The Governor of Virginia defended the new law by implying that he supports born alive abortions. Disgusting, New York has opened a infanticide box and Virginia is following it's hideous example.
              https://canadafreepress.com/article/mur ... n-virginia
                https://www.humancoalition.org/2019/02/ ... -to-birth/

billy.pilgrim
                Admiral

1 CAT FAN wrote:
                Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:29 pm
                You fools have been tripping over one another all day. I'm thankful that flower children have no authority in this country, and never will. The welcome wagon would open up the front door for any aggression, the white flag would come up and obedience instantaneously.
                  You buffoons are more concerned with the outcome, tiptoeing around a foreign aggressor, than the Americans that lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. Your pacifist approach would be, "Oh let it go, surely he won't do it again." All I can do is shake my head in disgust, that idiot attacked this Nation and it's people on our soil, there would be consequences to his actions.
                    Life is precious, and I do not condone the CIA's tactics, but you darlings do not condone it then switch around and condone the killing of our Nations infants. New York, not only, passed, but celebrated a new bill that allows babies at nine months of gestation to be ripped from their mother’s wombs and murdered. The Governor of Virginia defended the new law by implying that he supports born alive abortions. Disgusting, New York has opened a infanticide box and Virginia is following it's hideous example.
                      https://canadafreepress.com/article/mur ... n-virginia
                        https://www.humancoalition.org/2019/02/ ... -to-birth/
                        Afghanistan did not attack us on 9.11

Neither did Saddam

It's really that simple.

Vrede too
                        Superstar Cultmaster

Wow, you sure go to extreme lengths in order to cower and deflect from discussion of US war crimes in Afghanistan and the lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk In Chief’s efforts to prevent we Americans from learning the truth about them.
                        viewtopic.php?f=3&t=151&p=94511&hilit=war+crimes#p94511

We get it, you’re infatuated with Obama and nothing he did or his way of doing it could ever be wrong as long as it satisfies your “Christian” blood lust and bigotry. Nor do you see anything wrong with 18 years of permanent war in The Graveyard of Empires. Never mind that it has cost us far, far more than 9/11 ever did, it makes you feel better.

We get it, you’re too stupid and cowardly to address the points we’ve actually made, so you desperately resort to dishonest, “welcome wagon … white flag would come up and obedience instantaneously [gibberish] … tiptoeing … pacifist,” straw men. Repent of your Commandment-level sinful false witness!

1 FAT CAN: “Life is precious” . . . unless it’s Pakistani and Afghan Muslim children. In that case, let them sicken an die from preventable diseases.

LOL, you’re pitiful misogyny is so severe that you cite the fake news, fake Canadian, Canada Free Press and the woman-despising, Big Brother worshiping Human Coalition as if they have any credibility in adult conversation.

You lie, again, about the definitions of “babies”, “murdered” and “infanticide” and what the New York and Virginia laws really do. Repent!

We know what this really about - You have a kinky desire to see government all up in women’s wombs, and you want nonviable fetuses and neonates to suffer as much as possible before they inevitably expire, suffer as much as the Pakistani and Afghan Muslim children you also despise. Yuck.
                        1312. ETTD.