Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by O Really »

Sure, everybody knows it's a cartoon. But it's not a "humor" cartoon, it's an "editorial" cartoon, intended to make a political point. As such, it's as much subject to comment and disagreement (or ridicule) as a simple statement that said, "a kid was sent to the Principal's office for saying "Christmas." But don't take my word for it. Click "search Google for this image" and see the bunch of loons that turn up that do really believe that happens. Nevermind there are no stated instances, and if there were any, the unconstitutionality flap would undoubtedly be widely published.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:... I'm bored now, and I'm starting to feel like I'm messing with a special ed kid....
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:Who cares? The political gun debate doesn't interest me one bit....
:lol: How many times have we seen "him" do that when "he" is floundering on a topic that "he" chose to engage in at length? What a wuss!
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:.... I only post this silly shit because I know liberals here, along with their Canadian counterpart, get their shit in a sling over them. It's working. :lol: ...
I see, your crafty plan is to make yourself look like a lying, immature cretin. Ouch, you got us good.
Vrede too wrote:Agreed, what possible gain is there in routinely humiliating "him"self - not on politics, reasonable people differ - but on the basics of character: maturity, integrity, honesty, the ability to admit error, not whining, etc.? Maybe "he" is a masochist, nttawwt, and we're "his" enablers.
Clearly, something is seriously wrong with Seth Milner. It's not that "he" is a con, it's that "he" is incapable of adult discussion whatever "his" position on a given topic is.... "he" has proudly admitted being nothing more than a juvenile troll, not that it wasn't obvious before ...
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

rstrong wrote: Ah, your Schrödinger's Douchebag routine. Post something offensively stupid, and then wait to see how people react to decide whether you were just joking.
This Schrödinger fellow; is he kin to you? You seem to harbor a fondness for him.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
rstrong wrote: Ah, your Schrödinger's Douchebag routine. Post something offensively stupid, and then wait to see how people react to decide whether you were just joking.
This Schrödinger fellow; is he kin to you? You seem to harbor a fondness for him.
Anybody who likes deadish cats is OK with me. ;)

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote: Clearly, something is seriously wrong with Seth Milner. It's not that "he" is a con, it's that "he" is incapable of adult discussion whatever "his" position on a given topic is.... "he" has proudly admitted being nothing more than a juvenile troll, not that it wasn't obvious before ...

The only thing seriously wrong with "me" is "my" rubbing shoulders here with "you" idiots that are incapable of any type of conversation without resorting to name-calling, twisting, and condescending attitudes. You call "me" a juvenile, yet "you" question "my" gender with "your" childish® quotation marks, then childishly® ignore or run away® when questioned why. (I would have placed one of these ® in your quote above, but that would have totally altered the meaning of your post, and would have sent you into a frenzy.)
O Really wrote: Anybody who likes deadish cats is OK with me. ;)

:lol: :lol: Smelly pussies? That's why they make clothespins and bubble-bath! But still, I'd rather be a douchebag rather than an ass-wipe: Vrede too wrote: "I just gave an enema to my elderly neighbor" Smells wash away quickly; poop lingers.

O Really
Admiral

You don't really know Schrödinger, do you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Just too wussy to admit the obvious point, as always.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This White Terrorist Plotted To Kill Innocent Americans, But You Probably Haven't Heard Of Him
Eric Feight wanted to blast Muslims with a death ray in upstate New York.

... It's exactly the kind of horrific plot that might raise the alarm amid the heightened concern over terrorist attacks on the United States. But there's something notably different about this case -- Eric Feight is white, and his intended victims were Muslim-Americans....
I had not heard of this, I'm sure I would have if the perps and intended targets were reversed.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:You don't really know Schrödinger, do you?
I do now.
Vrede too wrote:Just too wussy to admit the obvious point, as always.
"The scenario presents a cat that may be simultaneously both alive and dead"
Let me introduce you to Vrede too, a real smelly pussy. (cat) :lol: :clap:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Another seth fail

poor kid even fell for the non-existent war on Christmas
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:Another seth fail

poor kid even fell for the non-existent war on Christmas
I did? You took the cartoon seriously too? Seems you touchy ones around here are the ones consumed with the "war on Christmas". You go absolutely apeshit with even a hint or the mention "war on Christmas". Get a real life, Easter's coming soon and you'll have to start all over.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:Another seth fail

poor kid even fell for the non-existent ...
Ah, the start of so, so many posts to Seth Milner.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:I did? You took the cartoon seriously too? Seems you touchy ones around here are the ones consumed with the "war on Christmas". You go absolutely apeshit with even a hint or the mention "war on Christmas".
Says the guy who posted the "War on Christmas" editorial cartoon. Along with editorial cartoons for every other Republican hoax used to scare right-wingnuts.

:roll:

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:poor kid even fell for the non-existent war on Christmas
rstrong wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:I did? You took the cartoon seriously too? Seems you touchy ones around here are the ones consumed with the "war on Christmas". You go absolutely apeshit with even a hint or the mention "war on Christmas".
Says the guy who posted the "War on Christmas" editorial cartoon. Along with editorial cartoons for every other Republican hoax used to scare right-wingnuts.

OK, you all win; there's no such thing as a "War on Christmas". . who would have ever imagined there was such a thing? Denial much?

O Really
Admiral

That's your best example of a "war on Christmas"?

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:That's your best example of a "war on Christmas"?
Not the best, no. Is that not a legitimate example? How many examples do you want? What's the point in posting more since billy pilgrim said the "war on Christmas" is non-existent. Just my two cents worth, is all.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:That's your best example of ...
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:poor kid even fell for the non-existent war on Christmas
rstrong wrote:

OK, you all win; there's no such thing as a "War on Christmas". . who would have ever imagined there was such a thing? Denial much?

Not sure what that removing the christian religious reference from the Christmas celebration in a public school - paid for and used by all people - has anything to do with your fake "help me, I'm sooooooo persecuted" war on Christmas
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:That's your best example of ...
kinda like trump and carly - it absolutely means nothing to them that what they said a minute ago is on tape, or in their last post

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
O Really wrote:That's your best example of a "war on Christmas"?
Not the best, no. Is that not a legitimate example? How many examples do you want? What's the point in posting more since billy pilgrim said the "war on Christmas" is non-existent. Just my two cents worth, is all.
In that example, the school administration, on their lawyer's advice, interpreted that leaving the Christian language in the production would constitute support of a particular religion, much the same as a teacher leading a Buddhist chant during assembly. Whether that is the right interpretation or not, the intention was not to stifle the celebration of Christmas. You'll notice the same people who canceled the production were the same ones who had originally planned it. Seems unlikely they just decided on the spur of the moment to be Grinches.

A big part of what some call "war on Christmas" is in the category of religious display on public property or by government officials in their official capacity. Hardly an accurate depiction.

Another part of the "war" involves resentment that stores, etc. use "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." When you're a retailer with a diverse customer base, is it really a "war on Christmas" to be inclusive, or to recognize collectively the numerous holidays celebrated between Thanksgiving and New Year? Have any of these stores tried to keep their customers from wishing "Merry Christmas" or coming into their store to "Christmas shop"? Don't many of the "Happy Holidays" stores sell Christmas gear of all sorts, religious and secular?

No, Virginia, there isn't a "war on Christmas." Those complaining are those who want only their version of a holiday recognized. The "Jesus is the reason for the season" people. A significant percentage of the population would disagree. Many find other "reasons for the season" that are based on different religious beliefs or are secular. They aren't the ones who have declared "war on Christmas" though. The "my holiday only" people have declared it on themselves.