Idiot box thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Idiot box thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Who is Mainak Sarkar, the man behind the UCLA shooting

Raj snapped and took Emily and Kripke with him.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That is simply incredible! It's not like those obstacles are easy even for the humanish contestants with fingers strong enough to hold up body weight on 1-2 inch ledges. To get through them wearing a dino suit is just mind-boggling. Last winter, there were a couple of ninja warrior wannabes at our gym. I saw one of them do a box jump over two feet high while holding a 70-pound kettlebell! There were some practice obstacles so I got to "play" with them. They're all harder than they look, and they look really hard.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The commentary is hilarious, too: At 5 tons he's one of our heavier competitors.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Another impressive run:

1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

I'm really curious about this: Do any of you get pissed at pop-up ads?
Do any of you think for one moment that these idiots who pay for pop-up ads on webpages really believe that people read them? That makes me madder than hell when some full page car ad or a home re-finance loan ad appears in front of what I'm reading. I have adblock, but sometimes it slows down a loading webpage and I temporarily disable it. If I forget to re-enable it . . . well, you know.

I read occasionally where Anonymous has hacked various websites. I wish they would hack and destroy these damn aggravating bastards who pop their useless shit up in front of our faces. (pardon my French) grrrr! :cussing:
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

I use AdBlock on Chrome, basically never disable it, and have few if any pop-up issues. Of course, the web content people are getting wise to AdBlock now, and keep sneaking in ads that look like articles. Or articles with embedded ads that look like images. I just click away and consider it the price of getting "free" content.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:I use AdBlock on Chrome, basically never disable it, and have few if any pop-up issues. Of course, the web content people are getting wise to AdBlock now, and keep sneaking in ads that look like articles. Or articles with embedded ads that look like images. I just click away and consider it the price of getting "free" content.
I use Adblock on Chrome and IE11. I have an older computer that will not update to Windows 10 because of an outdated Nvidia program.
I only use IE in a very limited number of cases because it's slower than Chrome.

When I try to download W10, I get a pop-up that tells me me about the Nvidia thingy and then a Dell or HP ad for a new computer. No thanks; this one still works fine until the drivers are obsolete then I'll probably breakdown and shop for a new or refurbished one from a local shop. (I believe in shopping at Mom & Pop's place). Anyway, back to the subject, because of an older PC, I have more issues with pop-up ads.

O Really
Admiral

There's always some reason somebody dumps their old computer. A lot of times that reason isn't something you'd want to deal with. Don't be pennywise.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

I'm on a roll!! The Idiocy continues!!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Me at pool. Minding my own bidness. Smoking a cigar. Enjoying life. Way the fuck out in the corner away from all mofos.
Soccer mom and shit face kids show up. After me. Little shit stains jump in pool and splash me. Got the whole motherfuckin pool but the little fucks gotta be jumping in my corner. I just wanna get my drank and smoke on.
Soccer mom be like: sir please put that out. My shit face kids don't need to be breathing that smoke in. Already on the path to be sociopaths due to my oppresisve parenting. Please don't ruin that. No smoke please.
Soccer mom goes home. Feeds kids anti psychotic pills to usher them through another day of nihilistic subdivision life.

The circle of life.

Subdivision mom's gonna be introduced to eazy e next pool day :D or old school death metal :D.
Last edited by JTA on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Hard life in the 'burbs, I guess. I'm surprised the HOA or community rules people didn't already rule against your cigar. I like the music idea.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:Hard life in the 'burbs, I guess. I'm surprised the HOA or community rules people didn't already rule against your cigar. I like the music idea.
Apparently there's a rule against smoking. My bad. I concede, although nobody has has a problem before. I don't smoke around kids. I go off ibto a corner and mind my own bidness, away from all folks.

There's a rule against raunchy music. Luckily, death metal just sounds evil as fuck. But you can't understand the lyrics. Luckily, black metal sound evil as fuck too. But you can't under the lyrics. And it's in another language (Norwegian, typically). So black metal it is.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I can't imagine growing up in an ultra sanitized childhood in a subdivision such as the one I live in. It's no wonder childrens reach adult hood with all kinds of psychological probelms. Fuck man. Me and my bro would throw rocks at each other for fun and beat the fuck outta each other, and build forts in the woods and and smack one another with sticks. We made it into adulthood with only a couple minor psychological issues (probably). I can't count the number of windows we busted throwing rocks and dirt bombs at each other.

Here in SC you're imprisoned in a tiny little area because the neighborhoods are all demarcated by highways.

Can't believe I'm saying is but thank Jesus I got to grow up in the Jerz.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

When I have a kid, when he reaches the age of 10, he's gonna be kicked out of the house with only a dollar bill and some boot straps so that he may learn the value of hard work.

O Really
Admiral

Learning self-sufficiency is good - and not done much anymore. I rode a city bus to school in the first grade - OK, so it was only a few blocks and no transfer, but I still had to get on and off, put my token in the box, yada. Also, my dad wouldn't write school excuses. I was out sick for a couple of days in maybe 6th grade or so and the teacher wanted an excuse from home. I told her he wouldn't write one and that I had already told her why I was out. So she called my dad in for a "teacher conference." His side of the conversation went something like this..."so have you ever met me before? No, and you don't know much if anything about me, do you? But you have my son in your class 5 days a week, right? Has he ever lied to you? (not that I know of, she says). So you'd rather take the word of somebody you've never met instead of the word of an honest student of yours that you see every day? :clap:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:There's a rule against raunchy music. Luckily, death metal just sounds evil as fuck. But you can't understand the lyrics. Luckily, black metal sound evil as fuck too.
Get the audio from Vegan Black Metal Chef off their YouTube videos. If anyone complains you can truthfully inform them that the lyrics are about cooking with tofu.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:When I have a kid, when he reaches the age of 10, he's gonna be kicked out of the house with only a dollar bill and some boot straps so that he may learn the value of hard work.
Good luck with that. When I was a kid it was normal to have a paper route or fast food job. Now the newspapers will only hire adults for delivery. It's the same for most fast food restaurants.

Of course, such jobs used to be "beneath" most adults. Now most career jobs have been replaced with low-paying, part-time, temporary or contracted-out no-advancement-possible "McJobs." Many adults need a second job to make ends meet. And so that part of growing up is gone.