Idiot box thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Idiot box thread

Unread post by O Really »

Jess is really sweet - and soooooo dumb. At least in regard to the game. Bantu is grating. They may be the first tribe to not get flint until merge.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:00 am
Jess is really sweet - and soooooo dumb. At least in regard to the game. Bantu is grating. They may be the first tribe to not get flint until merge.
Reddit seems to think she's ADHD and not allowed her adderall because it's an appetite suppressant. -0-?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:29 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:26 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:33 am
Still don't get AppleTV
That’s plain silly
Ditto, no AppleTV in Vrede Manor.

Speaking of silly, how old is Steve Martin? Here he is on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVnHltFYvc
Y’all are sounding a lot like useless.

Even if it’s the $10/month, there are lots of ways to get it for free for 3 months to a couple of years.
But you’re missing some really good programming.

“Killers of the Flower Moon”

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/mu ... lower-moon

“Robbie Robertson was raised between Toronto and the Six Nations of the Grand River reserve, where his mother, Rosemarie, who was of Cayuga and Mohawk descent, lived until she was 16. On the reserve, he was surrounded by music: “I’m sitting there and my relatives are all sitting around with their instruments and singing and breathing. One guy would start a rhythm and then somebody would start singing a melody to that, and it was just haunting,” he recalled at the end of his life. “That feeling of the music beside you like that, humming and droning and the groove of the feel of it – all of that getting under your skin – it goes to that place, and it lives there forever.”

“In many ways, Killers of the Flower Moon was the project Robertson had been waiting for. Not only does Scorsese’s film centre on the persecution of the Osage people and the sadistic genesis of the American Century, but it is also an epic Western. (Robertson – a self-described “film buff” – was an admirer of Howard Hawks and John Ford.) Having worked as a music supervisor on Scorsese’s films – celebrated for their soundtracks – as far back as 1980’s Raging Bull, Robertson’s skills as a composer were finally recognised with 2019’s The Irishman and Killers of the Flower Moon. Both are brooding, genre-bending compositions, but the latter is highly experimental in its panoptic world-building and dramatic force. Scorsese has called it one of the most beautiful scores in cinema, and certainly one of the best written for any of his films.”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Did you know that Joe Biden is likely not really Joe Biden, but instead Jim Carey with a Joe Biden mask?

Big if true.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:02 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:27 pm
... I watched 8 or 10 episodes of Ghosts. I liked it and have no idea why I stopped watching....
ICYMI:
Ghosts
The Owl

Season 3, Episode 1 • Premiere
8:31 PM EST ON CBS • TV-PG • Stereo • CC
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Ghosts
S3.E4
Halloween 3: The Guest Who Wouldn't Leave

:lol:
Spoiler:

It's a really big:
Spoiler:

I knew that she hadn't gotten sucked off, but I was starting to have doubts :think: I deliberately did not look for interweb chit-chat about it.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:55 pm
Even if it's just one night a week!
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/24/entertai ... index.html

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm doing something I think for the first time ever.
Spoiler:

Eating popcorn while watching Jon.
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Anyone else watching Peacemaker?

https://youtu.be/vYItUDiR4ig?feature=shared
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Pandemic/video from home post:
O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:06 pm
Yeah, I just find it interesting how awful it is on stuff that should be easy for the average 8th grader. Like getting camera distance right, lighting good, and sound that doesn't sound like it's in a tunnel. As for conversational content, what's really different? Kelly and Ryan normally chatted about something they'd done, or their family, and fluffy news items or celeb news. Why can't they do that now?
Are you still a viewer? What do you think? I don't dislike Mark Consuelos, but I'm not a fan of Live with Kelly and Mark. Too cuddly? Not enough discovery? -0-? , but I don't watch most mornings now.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:54 am
Pandemic/video from home post:
O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:06 pm
Yeah, I just find it interesting how awful it is on stuff that should be easy for the average 8th grader. Like getting camera distance right, lighting good, and sound that doesn't sound like it's in a tunnel. As for conversational content, what's really different? Kelly and Ryan normally chatted about something they'd done, or their family, and fluffy news items or celeb news. Why can't they do that now?
Are you still a viewer? What do you think? I don't dislike Mark Consuelos, but I'm not a fan of Live with Kelly and Mark. Too cuddly? Not enough discovery? -0-? , but I don't watch most mornings now.
I rarely see Kelly anymore, but the episodes I have seen were pretty lame. Mark was a good substitute, but not so much as a regular. They spend too much time on "their" stuff and lack variety in topics. And the guests are all just promotional opportunities. I'm thinking the show's fading.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:42 am
I rarely see Kelly anymore, but the episodes I have seen were pretty lame. Mark was a good substitute, but not so much as a regular. They spend too much time on "their" stuff and lack variety in topics. And the guests are all just promotional opportunities. I'm thinking the show's fading.
Ditto. Great minds . . . shun shitty TV.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:10 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:32 pm
Ut oh, I may be hooked on another goofy one. I’m on Episode 4, Season 1. Season Three is coming out weekly.

Anyone else watching Resident Alien?
Are you simul-viewing Season Three? If so, Season 3, Episode 2 :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: better even than average for the show.

Ftr, I retract "80% of the reason we're now in Season Three". Writers are also gods.
Bloopers

https://youtu.be/dGrTZyqWuHo?feature=shared

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:21 pm
Bloopers

https://youtu.be/dGrTZyqWuHo?feature=shared
:thumbup: :doh:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I reckon Manhunt is another of those shows I won’t be able to discuss with anyone here.

https://startefacts.com/news/apple-tvs- ... -fans_a135

Oh, and the King time travel story about the Kennedy assassination is pretty good too.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Bantu is grating. They may be the first tribe to not get flint until merge.
:lol: You may still be right.
Spoiler:
Thank goodness that's over. It was getting painful. Good backstory casting does not necessarily translate into good onscreen presence must less an entertaining Survivor player.

The whine was strong with that one.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 pm
O Really wrote:
Spoiler:
Thank goodness that's over. It was getting painful. Good backstory casting does not necessarily translate into good onscreen presence must less an entertaining Survivor player.

Yeah, he has a good story, but I'm really glad he's gone.
BTW, does Venus have a job here other than looking good?
Hunter is a beast. If they don't get an opportunity to dump him before long, he'll be a big favourite for the win.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 pm
O Really wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, he has a good story, but I'm really glad he's gone.
BTW, does Venus have a job here other than looking good?
Hunter is a beast. If they don't get an opportunity to dump him before long, he'll be a big favourite for the win.
Ex Survivors aren't feeling it either.

We know very little about Hunter except the one confessional IIRC. Is he strategic, well liked? He always seems on the outside during the rare camp scenes we've seen.

Sounds like Soda is grating some nerves, did you see her grab the idol from Venus again? Good singing voice though.

I still don't have a favorite or winner pick, hopefully we'll see more of the other tribes now.

I am sick of this three tribes of six format.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, and I'm not fond of the hour and a half scheduling. It's more apparent in Amazing Race, but it seems like there's more filler than there used to be.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:10 pm
Yeah, and I'm not fond of the hour and a half scheduling. It's more apparent in Amazing Race, but it seems like there's more filler than there used to be.
I'm all in on 90 minutes, 60 was way too rushed (which these days is only like 40 minutes of content because $$) and often felt incomplete. It's just way too much Yanu and they are not that interesting.

O Really
Admiral

We were yelling at the screen "Gem - play your idol!" But nooooo. Go home with an idol in your pocket. Idiot.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm
We were yelling at the screen "Gem - play your idol!" But nooooo. Go home with an idol in your pocket. Idiot.
I was blindsided too.

At least it felt like an episode of Survivor.