2020 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by Ulysses »

Meanwhile, I found the following out:

Rittenhouse's trial has been put off until at least November. I presume he's out on bail. He's been ordered by a judge not to associate with white supremacists. The local law enforcement entity has declined to increase his bail.

https://www.essence.com/articles/kyle-r ... more-time/

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:40 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:53 pm
Meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed two and ran like a bitch after doing so, has become an idol of the wingnuts. They've even urged him to run for Congress despite the fact he's too young to do so. Not many people know it, but Kyle is getting piles of cocaine and buckets of cash from donald trump junior. DJTJ thinks he's savvy.
Are you kidding? Donald Trump Jr. is supplying murderer Kyle Rittenhouse with endless cocaine and big cash?

Do you have a link for that?
No, and I also don't have a link to prove that it is Kyle's girlfriend that Matt Gaetz is accused of having sex with. This is really what set Kyle off initially but when he became a right wing darling he decided to run with that and hand the girl off to Matt.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 am
Are you kidding? Donald Trump Jr. is supplying murderer Kyle Rittenhouse with endless cocaine and big cash?

No, and I also don't have a link to prove that it is Kyle's girlfriend that Matt Gaetz is accused of having sex with. This is really what set Kyle off initially but when he became a right wing darling he decided to run with that and hand the girl off to Matt.
:D You hooked one.

Funny, I heard that both Donald Trump Jr and PizzaGaetz had sex with underage hooker Kyle Rittenhouse. There's just something about a boy with a gun and zero accountability. He's not called a "right wing darling" for nothin'.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed two and ran like a bitch after doing so, has become an idol of the wingnuts. They've even urged him to run for Congress despite the fact he's too young to do so. Not many people know it, but Kyle is getting piles of cocaine and buckets of cash from donald trump junior. DJTJ thinks he's savvy.

No link, no dice.

Nice try, though, sort of.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Sadly, even without a link, neoplacebo's account is neither shocking nor unbelievable. Not that it's true necessarily, but after the fabrications, distortions, and actual shenanigans of the last four years, we've entered a new dark ages despite having a universe of information available at the fingertips of all. Those of us who value truth and accuracy within an appropriate context are in the small minority, and finding such truth matters little anyway.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:12 pm
Sadly, even without a link, neoplacebo's account is neither shocking nor unbelievable. Not that it's true necessarily, but after the fabrications, distortions, and actual shenanigans of the last four years, we've entered a new dark ages despite having a universe of information available at the fingertips of all. Those of us who value truth and accuracy within an appropriate context are in the small minority, and finding such truth matters little anyway.
Yeah, I just thought everybody knew that a lot of what I post is just my opinion or my jaded interpretation of what is actually happening, But if I make a statement that is a fact, I almost always post a credible link to what I posted. Hell, I have to get off here.....the Chinese mafia are knocking at the door and they sound excited. I'll provide a link to the actual fact of what eventually transpires here once that happens. ok

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:49 am
In two political battlegrounds, thousands of mail-in ballots are on the verge of being rejected

... Mail-in ballots, however, aren’t automatically accepted as in-person ballots are. Rather, they can be rejected if they have signature defects on their return envelopes. Unless cured by voters – which means that voters fix the signature errors on them – these submitted ballots will be rejected.

Thanks to ongoing reporting of voter turnout in two battleground states, Florida and North Carolina, we can identify the number of mail-in ballots at risk of being rejected. So far, we can tell that there are thousands of ballots flagged for rejection in these two states. In addition, racial minorities and Democrats are disproportionately more likely to have cast mail ballots this election that face rejection....

In Florida, 3,210,873 voters have cast mail ballots, and of these, 15,003 ballots face rejection, corresponding to a potential ballot rejection rate of 0.47%. This rate is not an estimate. It is based on counts drawn from official statewide data.

These thousands of mail ballots currently in limbo can make a difference. Consider the 2018 midterm election. In his successful United States Senate bid in this contest, Republican Rick Scott beat incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson by only 10,033 votes.

Over 2 million Floridians have yet to return the mail ballots sent to them by county election officials, so the number of mail ballots subject to rejection in Florida could grow well beyond 15,000.

In North Carolina, an even greater percentage of mail ballots face rejection. In that state, 8,228 of 701,425 mail ballots fall into this category, yielding a potential rejection rate of 1.2%.

As in Florida, North Carolina’s elections can be extremely close. In the state’s 2016 gubernatorial race, a mere 10,277 votes out of roughly 4.6 million cast separated the winner, Democrat Roy Cooper, from incumbent Republican Pat McCrory. The number of ballots at risk in North Carolina – 8,228 – remains smaller than this margin but could grow as more ballots are returned....

We can see from our Florida and North Carolina election data that registered Democrats have greater rejection rates than Republicans. The partisan differences in potential ballot rejection rates – Democratic rate minus Republican rate – are approximately 0.07% and 0.16% in Florida and in North Carolina, respectively.

In addition, Democrats have expressed a greater willingness to vote by mail than Republicans – though this might be changing. This will compound any biases caused by differing ballot rejection rates across Democratic and Republican voters.

Official election data in Florida and North Carolina also reveal a clear racial pattern among mail ballots facing rejection: Black and Hispanic voters are much more likely to have their ballots flagged for missing signatures or other discrepancies than are white voters.

In Florida, ballots cast by Hispanic voters face a rejection risk 2.6 times that of white voters. In North Carolina, where the two most common racial groups are Black and white, the risk of ballot rejection for Black voters is three times that of white voters. White voters thus have lower ballot rejection rates than minority voters, who tend to support Democratic candidates over Republican ones....
:problem:
gov ron is big on signature verification in spite of ...

"MIAMI, Fla. – When then-Congressman Ron DeSantis cast his mail ballot for Florida’s primary election in 2016, election workers in his hometown flagged the signature as a mismatch.

When DeSantis provided the canvassing board a new signature as a backup to the signatures already on file, they determined that handwriting also had “no similarities” to the signature on DeSantis’ ballot and rejected the vote, according to Flagler County elections officials."

https://www.lx.com/politics/ron-desanti ... his/34911/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:19 am
:D You hooked one.

Funny, I heard that both Donald Trump Jr and PizzaGaetz had sex with underage hooker Kyle Rittenhouse. There's just something about a boy with a gun and zero accountability. He's not called a "right wing darling" for nothin'.
US police and public officials donated to Kyle Rittenhouse, data breach reveals
Officers and officials also donated to fundraisers for far-right activists and fellow officers accused of shooting black Americans

A data breach at a Christian crowdfunding website has revealed that serving police officers and public officials have donated money to fundraisers for accused vigilante murderers, far-right activists, and fellow officers accused of shooting black Americans.

In many of these cases, the donations were attached to their official email addresses, raising questions about the use of public resources in supporting such campaigns.

Proud Boys and other far-right groups raise millions via Christian funding site
Read more

The breach, shared with journalists by transparency group Distributed Denial of Secrets, revealed the details of some donors who had previously attempted to conceal their identities using GiveSendGo’s anonymity feature, but whose identifying details the website preserved....
As we learned on Jan 6, our LEOs and other officials are thoroughly infiltrated with right-wing racists and terrorists. Imagine how many there are that are not stupid enough to get caught.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Some keys to look for; an education that consists of a GED and BLET certificate, being on the strong side of overweight, being white and knowing somebody who knows somebody, and being stupid enough to not realize all that isn't evident.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:49 pm
Some keys to look for; an education that consists of a GED and BLET certificate, being on the strong side of overweight, being white and knowing somebody who knows somebody, and being stupid enough to not realize all that isn't evident.
:oops:

I have a GED (but also a BS).
I don't have a BLET, but I have co-trained extensively in disaster and emergency management with LEOs.
I'm overweight.
I'm White.
I've known all sorts of somebodys through these fora.
I own 2 'Murican vehicles.
I'm "stupid enough to not realize all that" makes me a right-wing terrorist. Ut-oh.

Dammit. ;)
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Don't get excited. With all that, you can go either way. And take comfort that Rand Paul may just get his ass kicked again by a neighbor or just a concerned passerby.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:17 pm
Don't get excited. With all that, you can go either way. And take comfort that Rand Paul may just get his ass kicked again by a neighbor or just a concerned passerby.
If I kick Rand Paul's ass will that fix my demographic karma?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
YES!

Please!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Yes, very much so. But possibly at the cost of epidermic trauma to your hands. But, hell, a little trauma is a small price to pay for some karma.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
YES!

Please!
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:07 am
Yes, very much so. But possibly at the cost of epidermic trauma to your hands. But, hell, a little trauma is a small price to pay for some karma.

Moved to a more apt thread than where I first placed it:
Firm recounting Arizona ballots wants methods kept secret

... Cyber Ninjas started the weeks-long recount effort Friday, but it is doing so with little transparency and refuses to allow media or the public to watch the recount being held at the state fairgrounds in Phoenix. Only observers who have had their backgrounds checked by the company are allowed in.

The Florida-based consultancy has no election experience and is run by a man who has shared unfounded conspiracy theories claiming the official 2020 presidential election results are illegitimate.
:roll: :lol:

Meanwhile, on this planet:
Maricopa County conducted numerous pre- and post-election reviews to check the accuracy of voting machines, including a hand count of a representative sample of ballots as required by state law.

County officials also hired two auditing firms that reported no malicious software or incorrect counting equipment and concluded that none of the computers or equipment were connected to the internet.

A series of lawsuits filed by backer of former President Donald Trump challenging Maricopa County's election results were all thrown out as being meritless.
Issue settled. This is interesting:
The Senate audit can't overturn the results of the election....
:confusion-scratchheadblue: What's the point? Then, even if the 11 AZ electoral votes could be flipped it would not affect the outcome of Joe's 306 - 232 win. RepuQs are wasteful cretins.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Appears to be just an exercise in trumpism to see who can demonstrate the most fealty. I would lose in a landslide. Every time they count it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:02 pm
Appears to be just an exercise in trumpism to see who can demonstrate the most fealty. I would lose in a landslide. Every time they count it.
Yep, it's a best bend over contest.

Newsmax apologizes to Dominion employee for false voter manipulation claims

This clearly heralds a new day of responsible and balanced reporting by Newsmax.

Newsmax host criticizes Biden for picking a dandelion for the first lady

Opps.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Yep, it's a best bend over contest.

Newsmax apologizes to Dominion employee for false voter manipulation claims

This clearly heralds a new day of responsible and balanced reporting by Newsmax.

Newsmax host criticizes Biden for picking a dandelion for the first lady

Opps.
:lol: I bet if trump kicked a puppy into busy traffic and its head got run over by a bus and then he fucked a ten year old boy in the ass, the faux media would find a way to blame the puppy and the kid, and the cult would gush in awe, calling the truth a hoax and fake news.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:08 pm
... Sleazy 45SHOLE automatically signing donors up for recurring payments rather than asking them to opt in:
https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/tr ... r-BB1aADa1

Not that I have sympathy for Trumpettes, serves them right.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:33 pm
Stealing from them seems like they're doing them a solid. They happily kill their supporters.
The FEC wants Congress to ban a fundraising tactic used by the Trump campaign: 'It's almost like theft'

The Federal Election Commission in a rare unanimous vote has urged Congress to ban a campaign donation tactic reportedly used by former President Donald Trump's team last year.

The FEC on Thursday unanimously voted to recommend Congress ban political campaigns from using prechecked boxes to steer supporters toward making recurring contributions by default, The New York Times reports.

"It's important that donors be able to exercise their choices freely," FEC Democratic commissioner Ellen Weintraub told the Times.

"If their money is being taken from them because of some reverse checkoff option they didn't notice, then they are not giving their money freely. It's almost like theft. I don't want to see donors tricked."

... Adav Noti, who formerly served in the FEC's general counsel's office, told the Times that for the FEC's Republican and Democratic commissioners to come to a unanimous agreement on a "substantive campaign finance law" recommendation like this is "pretty rare."
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:38 pm
Firm recounting Arizona ballots wants methods kept secret

... :confusion-scratchheadblue: What's the point? Then, even if the 11 AZ electoral votes could be flipped it would not affect the outcome of Joe's 306 - 232 win. RepuQs are wasteful cretins.
neoplacebo wrote:
Arizona Review of 2020 Vote Is Riddled With Flaws, Says Secretary of State

Untrained citizens are trying to find traces of bamboo on last year’s ballots, seemingly trying to prove a conspiracy theory that the election was tainted by fake votes from Asia. Thousands of ballots are left unattended and unsecured. People with open partisan bias, including a man who was photographed on the Capitol steps during the Jan. 6 riot, are doing the recounting.

All of these issues with the Republican-backed re-examination of the November election results from Arizona’s most populous county were laid out this week by Katie Hobbs, Arizona’s Democratic secretary of state, in a scathing six-page letter.
:roll: Longish article, it gets worse. RepuQidiots.
1312. ETTD.