2020 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:15 pm
:lol: Yeah, I saw where the living corpse Alexander came out the other day. However, the story I saw about Blackburn, the wicked witch of the Volunteer State, says that her staff says she "misspoke" so I doubt Marsha has enough spine to defy trump. I'm so fed up with her I don't even send her hate mail anymore.

GOP Sen. Marsha Blackburn called Biden 'president-elect' (and Kamala 'vice president-elect') in an interview. Her staff said she misspoke.

Idiot.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 am
Whack9, is this your family's district or are they more central NJ?
Here are the 11 House races to watch on Election Day

... Endangered GOP incumbents (3)

... New Jersey 02: (Party-switching GOP incumbent Jeff Van Drew is running against Democrat Amy Kennedy) ...
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm
That's my family's district. My mom is voting for the first time in her life this year.
Will she be voting Dem? If so, she COULD be part of an historic seat flip and a blue wave.

One site: Toss-up
Sure will.
Bummer.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 am
Whack9, is this your family's district or are they more central NJ?
Here are the 11 House races to watch on Election Day

... Endangered GOP incumbents (3)

... New Jersey 02: (Party-switching GOP incumbent Jeff Van Drew is running against Democrat Amy Kennedy) ...
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm
That's my family's district. My mom is voting for the first time in her life this year.
Will she be voting Dem? If so, she COULD be part of an historic seat flip and a blue wave.

One site: Toss-up
Sure will.
Bummer.
Update - none of my family voted after all...

"They're all the same anyway"
"They're all liars"
"Nothing is going to change"

It's easier to nestle up in cynicism to give yourself a feeling of superiority than it is to begin taking small steps to change your lot in life.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:22 am

"They're all liars"

It's easier to nestle up in cynicism to give yourself a feeling of superiority than it is to begin taking small steps to change your lot in life.
Maybe some in your family should get out more. ;)
There has been a historical viewpoint that all politicians are more similar to each other than to "regular people" and that they all lie. I'd say there is some truth to that, particularly if you consider the job of politicians is to participate in group decision-making affecting a lot of people who won't agree with them no matter what, and also considering one's definition of a "lie." But you can get a weather report from your cousin, or the TV, or you can actually look out the window. Anyone who looks out the window and thinks that Trump and Biden, or AOC and Gaetz, or Bernie! and McConnell are "all the same" is surely ready to chug down a big pitcher of Kool-Aid. And anyone who thinks "nothing is going to change" apparently wasn't paying attention since 2016.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:

"They're all liars"

That's even more of a bummer after your excitement for Mom.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:37 am
Whack9 wrote:

"They're all liars"

That's even more of a bummer after your excitement for Mom.
Nobody in my immediate family sans my grandparents on my dad's side have voted in their lives. No joke.

My buddy voted for the first time this last election after never following politics. Small victories. 👍
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Seriously WNC?

A racist child.

On FOX News, Madison Cawthorn Uses Racist Dog Whistles Against Raphael Warnock

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fox-new ... 13158.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:43 pm
Seriously WNC?

A racist child.

On FOX News, Madison Cawthorn Uses Racist Dog Whistles Against Raphael Warnock

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fox-new ... 13158.html
:roll:
Congress-member-elect and noted Hitler-vacation-home-visitor Madison Cawthorn, who has also faced accusations of racism and sexual misconduct, seems determined to show that he is the worst new member of Congress — although it is admittedly a close race with QAnon believer, Marjorie Taylor Green....
Show them how it's done, Matt Gaetz.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Georgia Investigating Pro-Trump Attorney Lin Wood For Possible Illegal Voting

The Georgia secretary of state’s office has launched an investigation into an allegation that Lin Wood, a pro-Trump attorney who continues to push baseless conspiracies of voter fraud, voted illegally in the 2020 presidential election.

State investigators reportedly opened the probe Tuesday after Wood confirmed to local ABC affiliate WSB-TV that he voted in Georgia despite moving to South Carolina last year.

“I have been domiciled in South Carolina for several months after purchasing property in the state in April,” Wood wrote in the email to a reporter at the news station.

Under Georgia election code to determine residence, “If a person removes to another state with the intention of making it such person’s residence, such person shall be considered to have lost such person’s residence in this state.” ...
:lol: Oh Ellin Ellin Ellin, how could you?!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Maddow: Russian agent who met with Trump campaign chief in 2016 named in new 2020 intel report

Wow. Will Garland be aggressive enough? Will someone take out the pardoned traitor Manafort? Will Trumpettes ever get a clue? We'll see.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 am
Maddow: Russian agent who met with Trump campaign chief in 2016 named in new 2020 intel report

Wow. Will Garland be aggressive enough? Will someone take out the pardoned traitor Manafort? Will Trumpettes ever get a clue? We'll see.
I give it two maybes and a resounding NO.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:41 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 am

I give it two maybes and a resounding NO.
I agree with neo, but maybe it's the sour grapes talking; I still like Doug Jones and believe he would go after these traitors.

Too bad they wouldn't release this crucial election information before the election.
Maybe Biden could have gone closer to 521 to 17 after trumper's stayed home everywhere but the super crazy states where almost nobody lives.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

You beat me to it on posting this one.

That's world class sleazeball stuff.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This is gonna sting.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:40 pm
This is gonna sting.
According to the article that I linked above at least some of that was intentional.
... As the Times reported, refunds to donors are not unusual and can be made when individuals give more than the legal limit. The paper said that at the end of 2020, after Trump’s defeat, the Biden campaign and Democratic bodies made 37,000 online refunds worth $5.6m.

The Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee made more than 530,000 refunds, returning $64.3m.

“In effect,” the Times wrote, “the money that Mr Trump eventually had to refund amounted to an interest-free loan from unwitting supporters at the most important juncture of the 2020 race.” ...
He raised so much after losing that the refunds might not sting so much. Idk.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Pro-Trump scam PAC operator hit with wire fraud charge

A man behind a pro-Trump scam PAC has been hit with federal wire fraud charges alleging he bilked hundreds of thousands of dollars from donors with false promises that the money would help support the former president's re-election efforts.

Why it matters: The charge handed down this week against James Kyle Bell shows how brazen some efforts to monetize grassroots political enthusiasm can be....
Free James Kyle Bell! He provided a valuable service to the nation and world. It's not his fault that Trumpettes are gullible idiots.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed two and ran like a bitch after doing so, has become an idol of the wingnuts. They've even urged him to run for Congress despite the fact he's too young to do so. Not many people know it, but Kyle is getting piles of cocaine and buckets of cash from donald trump junior. DJTJ thinks he's savvy.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:53 pm
Meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed two and ran like a bitch after doing so, has become an idol of the wingnuts. They've even urged him to run for Congress despite the fact he's too young to do so. Not many people know it, but Kyle is getting piles of cocaine and buckets of cash from donald trump junior. DJTJ thinks he's savvy.
Are you kidding? Donald Trump Jr. is supplying murderer Kyle Rittenhouse with endless cocaine and big cash?

Do you have a link for that?