Tree Hugger Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Tree Hugger Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:29 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:54 pm
Or maybe they'll just ignore it, appeal, and trust in trump's EPA to do what Duke considers the right thing. Hard to say
The people are sovereign, but the Duke never loses in the end.

Send Gov. Cooper a quick note below to thank him for requiring Duke Energy to move all of their toxic coal ash into safer storage.
Well, I hope they will be made to clean up the mess they made and not charge their customers for it. I suppose I should also hope for a bird in the hand just as well.
I would question your cynicism, but we're shipping all of the toxic coal ash to TN.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about national parks. I appreciate hearing from you.

On February 14, 2019, Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) introduced S. 500, the Restore Our Parks Act. If enacted, this legislation would establish the “National Park Service Legacy Restoration Fund,” allocating half of the existing unobligated revenues the government receives from onshore and offshore energy development up to $1.3 billion per year for the next five years. This funding would help address the National Park Service’s $11.6 billion maintenance backlog, including $215 million for projects in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

North Carolina’s natural treasures are some of the most beautiful and diverse of any state in the country, and this legislation would support critical infrastructure as well as visitor services at our national parks. As an avid outdoorsman, I share your interest in protecting natural resources. I joined Senator Portman as an original cosponsor of S. 500 because I believe that we must take appropriate steps to preserve National Parks for future generations to enjoy. Please be assured that if S. 500 or similar legislation comes before the full Senate, I will support it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,

Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator (R-NC)
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

US skyscrapers kill 600 million -- yes, million -- birds every year

Start the movement to ban skyscrapers and replace with windmills!!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:33 pm

I saw a tree kill a hawk. The hawk was being chased by a mockingbird, but its death was due to the tree.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:41 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I saw a tree kill a hawk. The hawk was being chased by a mockingbird, but its death was due to the tree.
Start the movement for eyeglasses for hawks!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:07 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

It wasn't glasses that he needed. He was doing everything in his power to get away from a pair of mockingbirds. Mom and dad mockingbird were ruthless and much more agile.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:31 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

It wasn't glasses that he needed. He was doing everything in his power to get away from a pair of mockingbirds. Mom and dad mockingbird were ruthless and much more agile.
Kill the mockingbird!!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:06 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:31 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Kill the mockingbird!!

We have a rental house near a hospital and a mockingbird that can do a siren.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Skyscrapers topped with trees that are topped with windmills are really rough on birds.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

In the future, when America is great again, birds will walk everywhere. Birds that only hop will soon die out in favor of the walkers.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

On the Nomination (Confirmation David Bernhardt, of Virginia, to be Secretary of the Interior )

YEAs ---56
All Repugs plus:
Heinrich (D-NM)
King (I-ME)
Manchin (D-WV), of course
Sinema (D-AZ)

NAYs ---41
All Dems plus:
Sanders (I-VT)

Not Voting - 3
Booker (D-NJ)
Harris (D-CA)
Perdue (R-GA)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

They're more likely to spend the money defending themselves based on lack of much solid evidence of harm, probably mostly because of...

"In most cases, U.S. chemical regulations do not require that companies prove a chemical is safe before they start selling it. It's up to the EPA to determine whether a substance is unacceptably dangerous and under what circumstances, and typically such analyses begin only after public health concerns are raised."

Maybe it would be a good idea to change that - add it to the to-do list when Trump is gone.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:53 pm
They're more likely to spend the money defending themselves based on lack of much solid evidence of harm, probably mostly because of...

"In most cases, U.S. chemical regulations do not require that companies prove a chemical is safe before they start selling it. It's up to the EPA to determine whether a substance is unacceptably dangerous and under what circumstances, and typically such analyses begin only after public health concerns are raised."

Maybe it would be a good idea to change that - add it to the to-do list when Trump is gone.
And when polluter-beholden pols are gone. Trump didn't cause this pollution, and it's gonna take awhile to create change.

Yeah, idk how this petition fits into a campaign strategy. I hope there is one and calling the bastards out can't hurt.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

No, Trump didn't cause this particular pollution, but he's not going to do anything to avoid further pollution whether it's something a little unclear like this one or oil carriers dumping their excess in fish hatcheries.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:53 pm

And when polluter-beholden pols are gone. Trump didn't cause this pollution, and it's gonna take awhile to create change.

Yeah, idk how this petition fits into a campaign strategy. I hope there is one and calling the bastards out can't hurt.

And then even when a dangerous chemical is approved for a specific purpose only, certain companies are free to dump millions of gallons of coretix in an illegal, irresponsible manner while Obama sits idly by.