Weather in NC

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Weather in NC

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Cape San Blas, FL Weather

Historical Monthly Avg

February
Hi: 66 °
Lo: 45 °
Precip: 4.30 inches
I ain't mad at that
That's weather.com, which is good for basics but has some lacks. More date-specific data can be found at http://www.wunderground.com/.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Amazing. Spent half my life in Florida and never heard of it, much less visited. I'll fix that. It looks beautiful.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:Amazing. Spent half my life in Florida and never heard of it, much less visited. I'll fix that. It looks beautiful.
wunderground.com?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

JTA wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:
Cape San Blas for me in a few weeks.

work takes me out there a couple times a year.

can't think of anywhere special to eat, but you should be able to get oysters the size of your fist this time of year. There is a place in apalachicola I like - turn left (instead of following 98 when it turns right toward eastpoint) and go out to the end - it is something simple like Water Street Seafood
Nice, never been there. I'm planning on camping at St. Joseph state park (I think that's what it's called). You can pack it in and camp on the beach.

How's the temp in those parts that time of the year, typically?
no such thing as typical

could be upper 80s or low 30s - but if you are here for more than a day or two, you will probably see both

I haven't camped there in over 30 years, but you could walk out in shallow water forever and fill a 5 gallon bucket with scallops
Nice ! I'm gonna bring a fishing rod with me. Can't wait man I need outta this place!!!

have you ever gigged flounder
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Is that like gig-em aggies?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:Amazing. Spent half my life in Florida and never heard of it, much less visited. I'll fix that. It looks beautiful.

98 west from Perry to Mobile is a slow but pretty drive. Take the time to drive some of the side roads when 98 isn't right along the gulf.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Vrede too wrote: Fuck you, billy.pilgrim and O Really.
. . . and that goes for your damned old cat too. Got 10" out on the deck facing lakeside; still dribbling down. I've got a potential buyer for my property, if it pans out, my ass is moving to Florida too. I'm eyeing a place in the middle of nowhere.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote: Fuck you, billy.pilgrim and O Really.
. . . and that goes for your damned old cat too. Got 10" out on the deck facing lakeside; still dribbling down. I've got a potential buyer for my property, if it pans out, my ass is moving to Florida too. I'm eyeing a place in the middle of nowhere.

try about 40 miles ENE of JTA's destination

or Wewa

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote: try about 40 miles ENE of JTA's destination . . . or Wewa
I'm lost now?!? Where's JTA? What's Wewa?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
I'm lost now?!?
google earth - cape san blas florida - JTA is going camping there

wewa is the middle of nowhere to the north

tate's hell is to the ENE - also the middle of nowhere

both are in sunny florida

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

OK, got it. My dream destination is 25°48' 44.82" N by 81°21' 38.25" W . . . quite a fur piece from JTA's destination.
One way in, one way out. Great fishing, hot as hell in the summer.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

You and JTA could camp out together.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:You and JTA could camp out together.
No thanks. I'm sure we each can conjure up our own selection of body warmers.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:

98 west from Perry to Mobile is a slow but pretty drive. Take the time to drive some of the side roads when 98 isn't right along the gulf.
I've been to Perry, and was not impressed. I've been 98 South, and like Cedar Key a lot. 'Yaked the Suwanee out of Fanning Springs and Manatee Springs, but there's a lot of nothing out there, too.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I've been to Perry, and was not impressed. I've been 98 South, and like Cedar Key a lot. 'Yaked the Suwanee out of Fanning Springs and Manatee Springs, but there's a lot of nothing out there, too.

No one has ever been impressed with perry, but 98 past perry is a good ride.
There is a little seafood trailer just north of Panacea that I will detour 50 miles for

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Used to be a killer seafood shack (literally) somewhere around Sopchoppy. If it's still there it's a dynamite place for beer and Apalachicola oysters. I'll try to look it up and see if the name rings a bell. Ain't been there in over 40 years.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:Used to be a killer seafood shack (literally) somewhere around Sopchoppy. If it's still there it's a dynamite place for beer and Apalachicola oysters. I'll try to look it up and see if the name rings a bell. Ain't been there in over 40 years.
This is one of my all time favorites for soft shell crab and fried fresh seafood in general. Mom and the 2 girls cook what Dad and the son catch. It is on 98, about a hundred yards south of the 319 turn to Crawfordville.

I have been through Sopchoppy, but staying on 98 goes through such a variety of land and water that I usually don't take that cutoff. Next time I'll look.
Attachments
soft shell crabs in Panacea FL.JPG

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:
I'm lost now?!?
google earth - cape san blas florida - JTA is going camping there . . . wewa is the middle of nowhere to the north
billy, your mentioning Google Earth is why I said "My dream destination is 25°48' 44.82" N by 81°21' 38.25" W " . . . I entered that into the GE search box, and wound up in Miami, even though the co-ordinates were no where near what I entered . . . no thanks.

Chokoloskee Island

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Have you read
Killing Mr Watson

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:Have you read Killing Mr Watson
no...I'll check it out though . . . why?