War on Women

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: War on Women

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:Just when Alabama was getting all the attention . . .

(SC) GOP lawmaker calls women “a lesser cut of meat”
What an idiot! Another reason I shun politics. No scruples.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:Another reason I shun religion, he cited the Bible for his view.
So what....? You "cite the Bible" all the time when you want to make a point or express your view... Opps! :shock:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "It's not like I ever cite the Bible IRL.'
Ask me if I'm surprised.... :shock:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The gentleman may be crude in expression, but his views are pretty main-stream religious. Followers of Islam would agree with him, as would Mormons, the Church of Christ, and many other Christian variations, some of which get their views from St Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 2:12, in which the saint says: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent." Sounds pretty much like an inferior cut of meat to me.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Paul also wrote that an elder (deacon) in the church must be the husband of one wife; not a husband of one husband...
nor did he say that an elder (deacon) must be the wife of one husband or one wife.

O Really, are you the head of your household? I don't mean in a domineering, bossy, butt-holish sort of way like Vrede envisions the head of the household is; but in a loving, manly "my role is to protect you and what is ours" manner? The man is expected to be the head of his home; same goes for leadership in the church. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

O Really
Admiral

Males - in most any species you pick - are somewhat hard-wired to be or strive to be Alphas in some ways. But that natural inclination doesn't in itself diminish the value of the female or make her less equal. So to answer the question directly - yes, in some ways I am the "head" of my family. Nobody puts my "Baby" in the corner. However, I have no doubt that my wife would protect me with her life if the circumstances called for it, and she is in all aspects equal in our relationship. But gender-based tendencies have no business being institutionalized in law or organizational rules. The job of firefighter appeals more to macho males than to females, but there are some females who want to be firefighters and many who are damn good ones. They shouldn't be excluded just because they're female. The reason people don't "understand" the position of many churches is that is goes beyond natural tendencies and intentionally and specifically puts females in second-class citizen roles. Homey don't see that's a good thing.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede wrote:Paul was the "butt-holish" one, but Mr.B minimizes that misogyny in favor of citing Paul's views on gays, ones that Jesus never endorsed. That's how Bible cherry-picking hypocritical bigots are.

"butt-holish" :lol:
Vrede wrote:
Mr.B wrote:I don't recall Vrede ever making a statement like that. He's better than that.
I agree with Boatrocker's post, and my language here has become less restrained since you've become way more vulgar, Mr.B. It's too late for you to be the Church Lady. Pick another drag queen (nttawwt) persona.
Point proved.
Butt holier than thou. :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"How did you get so broken?.....my language here has become less restrained since you've become way more vulgar, Mr.B."
Sorry.....but you do have a way of rubbing off on people. You are a great influence, as well as the best of agitators.

My "vulgarity" as you call it, is nothing compared to your condescending, hateful, attitudes towards those you disagree with.

Mildly put, you aren't exactly a shining example of an upstanding citizen. You'd make a great republican politician; republican because you've already got the liberal democrat attitude down pat.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Is this where I'm supposed to boo-hoo because you done went and hurt me widdle feewings, you big blowhard?

Better put...all the unemployed comedians out there and we are so fortunate to have the world's best right here in you.

Don't get too big-headed though, we won't break our arms patting ourselves on the back. :-||

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

vrede wrote:"That Paul was a "butt-holish" misogynist is hardly my invention."
Mr.B wrote:" O Really, are you the head of your household? I don't mean in a domineering, bossy, butt-holish sort of way...
I never insinuated that Paul was such as you describe him.
I was asking O Really if he was head of his household, but not in the manner of a domineering, bossy, a**hole. Comprehend much?
I was attempting to put it in a nice manner, but as usual, you made a mountain out of a molehill.
Vrede wrote: "I'm still not a "liberal democrat (sic)". Somehow you've deluded yourself that this lie bugs me."
I never said you were; and If I did, whether it bugs you or not is none of my concern. Re-read this dummy and see if you can understand it this time around: "...you've already got the liberal democrat attitude down pat."

If stupid could be fixed, somebody could make a fortune off you; but it's a well-known fact that messing with something that's already screwed up only makes it worse....if that's possible in your case. :shock:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Yet, as always, you blamed me.....whining at me....Now, where are these supposed "visions" of mine? Oh that's right, challenge = wussy deflection, every single time..... lies, hypocrisy, lack of personal responsibility...."

:crybaby: :crybaby: Here's a quarter...Image...call someone who cares. :crybaby: :crybaby:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Yeah...I'm a hater of women. That's why I married one.... right.

I sure didn't marry some sissified, effeminate, girly-man like those you adore, worship, and glorify their lifestyle.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "your use of "effeminate" and "girly" as pejoratives just proved your misogyny."
How utterly stupid. Forget about what I said about any remote possibility of your stupid being fixed; ain't no hope.

"Effeminate" and "girly" are slaps at MEN. Homosexual MEN, in case you missed that.

corrected**
Last edited by Mr.B on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Here ya go Vrede....here's what you can't comprehend...copy & paste these and put 'em on your nightstand so you can't accuse me of having all the fun fantasizing about gay sex.

Image Image
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
This one's for O Really....."an effeminate redneck"..... :lol:

sorry O Really...I know how much you loathed rednecks...thought this would make your day!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"I am fine with your hobby of trolling gay pic sites, Mr.B."
Thank you for telling me where to find them...I knew you wouldn't mind my borrowing your treasured sites. :thumbsup:

"Except for the fake tan you're looking pretty good."
You are confused; I'm better looking than that.

You know...from what I remember, you do kinda favor that fat Asian though...

O Really
Admiral

Here ya' go, Mr.B - if you call somebody a "skunk" as an insult, you're saying that skunks are something bad. If you try to insult a male by saying he's like a female, you're saying that females are inferior or bad in some way.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:Here ya' go, Mr.B - if you call somebody a "skunk" as an insult, you're saying that skunks are something bad. If you try to insult a male by saying he's like a female, you're saying that females are inferior or bad in some way.
:?:

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:Here ya' go, Mr.B - if you call somebody a "skunk" as an insult, you're saying that skunks are something bad. If you try to insult a male by saying he's like a female, you're saying that females are inferior or bad in some way.
:?:
(sigh) Any term used as an insult is also derogatory toward the term's origin. The term "effeminate" might be considered neutrally descriptive, but "sissified" and "girlie-man" are certainly not. Each term implies weakness, unworthiness. BTW, the Governator didn't think up that "girlie man" term, y'know. It originated on Saturday Night Live in the "Pumping with Hans and Franz" skits - two characters not known for respect of women.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:I just looked up "sissified" and (duh) it originates with "sister". So, I apologize to women, but not to Mr.B, for calling him "sissified". As you say, all three words used as Mr.B does are "saying that females are inferior or bad in some way."
Only when they're applied to a male....(duh) comprehend much?