Olympics

O Really
Admiral

Re: Olympics

Unread post by O Really »

Look up "toughest badass in the valley" and here's the picture..
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lindsey-vo ... 47654.html

O Really
Admiral

Bronze in her final run.
On a 6-week old torn tendon, "popped out" ribs, black eye, sore-all-over 34 year old body - the oldest female to ever medal in a world championship. And she already held the current record for that. Can we say GOAT?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm
Bronze in her final run.
On a 6-week old torn tendon, "popped out" ribs, black eye, sore-all-over 34 year old body - the oldest female to ever medal in a world championship. And she already held the current record for that. Can we say GOAT?
Lindsey Vonn: A Legendary Career: 2009: World Championships
new episode
tonight, 9:00 & 10:30 PM ET on OLYHD 248, 1 hr 30 min 2019
2009: World Championships

From 2009: Women's Super-G from the FIS World Championships in Val-d'Isère, France.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm
Bronze in her final run.
Lindsey Vonn: A Legendary Career: 2010: Winter Olympics
new episode
tonight, 8:00 & 9:30 PM ET on OLYHD 248, 1 hr 30 min 2019
2010: Winter Olympics
From 2010: Downhill and Super-G from the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Ongoing series, I'll leave it to you to find from here on out.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Olympic Channel isn't on my DISH sat, or maybe just not on my programming selection. I'll look for it streaming somewhere.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Lady O can breathe a little bit easier now ;) .

Lindsey Vonn goes social with P.K. Subban marriage proposal

When a Devil gets hacked do they sub-in Subban?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

At the risk of being called racist, it looks like there might be something to the old saying "if you go black, you'll never go back."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
At the risk of being called racist, it looks like there might be something to the old saying "if you go black, you'll never go back."
Can't dispute that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_V ... sonal_life

Married to Olympic skier Thomas Vonn, September 29, 2007 to January 9, 2013.

Then, Tiger Woods, dating March 2013 to May 2015.

Dated NFL assistant coach Kenan Smith for a year.

Then, one has to put some real effort into finding a Black hockey player. Plus, Lindsey is not just White, she's very White.

Doesn't seem to be into lawyers, either. I guess you never had a shot :D .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Doesn't seem to be into lawyers, either. I guess you never had a shot :D .
No, but that's OK. Lady O is pretty much a blonde badass herself who used to take on the black diamonds at Whistler and was a Tiger Woods fan. Only thing missing is the medals, I guess. And all the broken bones. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
In fact, Lindsey has gone progressively blacker.

Nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:06 pm

In Depth With Graham Bensinger
tonight, 11:00 PM ET on Fox, 30 min 2020
Lindsey Vonn

Olympic ski racer Lindsey Vonn invites Graham to her new Park City, Utah, mountain retreat. The former World Cup champ discusses retired life; her dozens of injuries; and the daily battle with permanent physical damage. Plus, a surprise celebrity...
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Auburn is in

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

I wonder if the powers that be in Japan wish (a) they'd never won the Olympic bid; or (b) they'd just put in an up front, no exception vaccination requirement as soon as vaccines became available.

Or are vaccines in short supply in Japan? Seems they could have done at least as good a job as Israel. And if the Olympic Committee can toss competitors out for having a legal THC cookie in a place where THC cookies are legal, how hard would it be to require vaccinations?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:37 am
I wonder if the powers that be in Japan wish (a) they'd never won the Olympic bid; or (b) they'd just put in an up front, no exception vaccination requirement as soon as vaccines became available.

Or are vaccines in short supply in Japan? Seems they could have done at least as good a job as Israel. And if the Olympic Committee can toss competitors out for having a legal THC cookie in a place where THC cookies are legal, how hard would it be to require vaccinations?
Much of Japan is still unvaccinated. Hence the Tokyo outbreak. I heard on the TV news that 80% of the athletes and press will be vaccinated. I assume this includes support staff like coaches, trainers and media techs. Idk how this is possible when so much of the world is short on vaccines. Your comparison to THC cookies is very apt, and sad.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:51 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:37 am

Much of Japan is still unvaccinated. Hence the Tokyo outbreak. I heard on the TV news that 80% of the athletes and press will be vaccinated. I assume this includes support staff like coaches, trainers and media techs. Idk how this is possible when so much of the world is short on vaccines. Your comparison to THC cookies is very apt, and sad.
80% is good, but if I were running it, that would mean 20% get rejected from competition. These people make training for the Olympics their life for years, starting at age 5ish or so in some cases. They give up a lot of "normal" life to train, and their parents spend a lot of their money on their training and preparation. They endure endless physical and mental stress, and in some cases coach abuse. After all that, how many are really going to refuse the vaccine if it was mandatory?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:58 pm
80% is good, but if I were running it, that would mean 20% get rejected from competition. These people make training for the Olympics their life for years, starting at age 5ish or so in some cases. They give up a lot of "normal" life to train, and their parents spend a lot of their money on their training and preparation. They endure endless physical and mental stress, and in some cases coach abuse. After all that, how many are really going to refuse the vaccine if it was mandatory?
There's at least one US refusenik. I didn't catch his name or sport. He 'doesn't know what the vaccine will do to him' :roll: . I can't say for Japan or the IOC, but the USOC should have made it mandatory. I hope he's enduring uber-harsh quarantining and masking requirements.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

He's some water sport. But he can refuse it only because it's not required. Put it to him like, "get the shot or your space will go to the next guy behind you, of which there are dozens that are about as good as you within fractions of a second or a point. Hold out your arm or pack your gear. Your choice."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:55 pm
He's some water sport. But he can refuse it only because it's not required. Put it to him like, "get the shot or your space will go to the next guy behind you, of which there are dozens that are about as good as you within fractions of a second or a point. Hold out your arm or pack your gear. Your choice."
If they'd made him keep a mask on during qualifying, which isn't "forcing" him to get vaccinated, that would have happened, anyhow. ;) :evil:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

It is incredible to me that with all the restrictions, monitoring, nit-picking and downright ridiculous rules put onto NCAA and Olympic athletes that not requiring a covid vaccine is even considered.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:21 am
It is incredible to me that with all the restrictions, monitoring, nit-picking and downright ridiculous rules put onto NCAA and Olympic athletes that not requiring a covid vaccine is even considered.
:thumbup:

Olympic sports are different from team sports. Maybe the focus required won't be affected much by the lack of fans. However, it must be very weird to do the Opening Ceremonies without an audience.
1312. ETTD.