The Facebook Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Facebook Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:38 pm
Saw this one today
I'm sorry for your loss.
They weren't this hostile until merrick showed that he wouldn't prosecute the politicians who set up 1.6
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:38 pm
Saw this one today

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 pm
I'm sorry for your loss.
They weren't this hostile until merrick showed that he wouldn't prosecute the politicians who set up 1.6
:headscratch: Didn't we have plenty of assholes just like Whack9's former friend long before Garland became AG?

Facebook should sort its dumbest into Faceplant and Facepalm platforms.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:10 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:29 pm
That kind of thing is why I don't do Facebook. I don't think I could stand such a barrage or even a glancing blow of such ignorance.
Agree 100%
Thanks. Just seeing stuff like that is depressing and would make a goddamn caveman go back inside on a sunny day. Awful terrible bullshit nonstop.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Facebook isn't so bad if you know how to lock it down.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:44 pm

:headscratch: Didn't we have plenty of assholes just like Whack9's former friend long before Garland became AG?
There have been plenty of assholes for years, but I think (a) they've gotten worse; and (b) they've gotten a wider unfettered voice.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:02 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:44 pm

There have been plenty of assholes for years, but I think (a) they've gotten worse; and (b) they've gotten a wider unfettered voice.
Yeah, but I blame Dolt .45, COVIDiots and the Qorons for that more than I do Garland.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I honestly can't tell if this is a troll or if it's real. Found on FB. But real people are agreeing with it.

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:52 pm
I honestly can't tell if this is a troll or if it's real. Found on FB. But real people are agreeing with it.
The armed guard is real, idk about the mother.
Manatee School for the Arts in Palmetto employs school guardian with military-style rifle

... After the shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School last February, Florida lawmakers passed a law requiring all school to have armed security. Most districts met the requirement through a combination of school resource officers and guardians.

In order to become a guardian, Verdercia completed the 144-hour training course that the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office ran for the school district, plus additional training to be qualified to carry the rifle. District general counsel Mitch Teitelbaum said while school district guardians are trained using 9-millimeter Glocks, charter schools have the freedom to arm their guardians with other weapons....

Not everyone agrees with Jones’ approach.

“You don’t walk around with an assault rifle strapped to your chest in a school. That is not the normal policy of police agencies,” said Walt Zalisko, a retired police chief who now owns a Daytona Beach-based global investigative group and police management consulting business.

Zalisko said it is best practice to keep rifles locked up within a police car or in a secure location, and he said guardians or school resource officers are more effective when they are able to regularly engage with students, rather than viewing their job as solely stopping a mass shooter....
This is a routine sight in some Latin American countries. I don't like it but have not talked with locals about it.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I believe the comment to be absolutely real.

The nutjobs are out in force.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thread/9329/15-time
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.