A Trump supporter....

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A Trump supporter....

Unread post by Vrede too »

Businessman accused of attacking Muslim JFK airport worker

... At the time of his arrest, Rhodes told officers, "I guess I am going to jail for disorderly conduct," Brown said....

Rhodes appeared in court Thursday night on charges of assault and menacing as hate crimes and is being held on $30,000 bail....
We all know that Trumpettes are unabashed bigots, but doing this in an airport demonstrates how stupid they are.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Businessman accused of attacking Muslim JFK airport worker

... At the time of his arrest, Rhodes told officers, "I guess I am going to jail for disorderly conduct," Brown said....

Rhodes appeared in court Thursday night on charges of assault and menacing as hate crimes and is being held on $30,000 bail....
We all know that Trumpettes are unabashed bigots, but doing this in an airport demonstrates how stupid they are.
I don't think we've plumbed the true depths of their stupidity. Not by a long shot. Not yet.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ryan gets added to "Invertebrate" article in Wikipedia...
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/28/ ... rates.html

:lol: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: Still there more than 8 hours after it was reported by your link.

Invertebrate: Number of extant species

Though I suspect that he might belong in the Velvet worms or jellyfish group.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

22 hours now. :thumbup:
Invertebrate group: Paul Ryan

Image:

Estimated number of described species: 1
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

So, the link still works, but there's a discussion about revisions at the top and this page without Ryan is also at the site:

Invertebrate
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump supporters....

J.K. Rowling Responds to Fans Burning Harry Potter Books
J.K. Rowling Verified account
‏@jk_rowling

Well, the fumes from the DVDs might be toxic and I've still got your money, so by all means borrow my lighter.
‏@jk_rowling

Guess it's true what they say: you can lead a girl to books about the rise and fall of an autocrat, but you still can't make her think.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:J.K. Rowling Responds to Fans Burning Harry Potter Books
‏@jk_rowling

Well, the fumes from the DVDs might be toxic and I've still got your money, so by all means borrow my lighter.
‏@jk_rowling

Guess it's true what they say: you can lead a girl to books about the rise and fall of an autocrat, but you still can't make her think.
Haven't read the books, but I was already a fan of hers. This from the article:
"Second, notice that Rowling isn’t simply retweeting or replying to her bashers like she normally does. The reader comments were attached to her tweets as cropped photos. This allowed Rowling to grey-out their Twitter handles so the users couldn’t be easily identified. Perhaps she doesn’t want to promote those who are attacking her, but I suspect there’s another reason: She’s sparing them the avalanche of blowback from her supporters. If my read is correct, it’s an act of benevolence in the face of hostility that Dumbledore would approve of."
Went to some trouble to NOT show the asshole's handle. I would have left it in and mentioned it a couple more times to make sure people got it. But, that's just me.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Boatrocker wrote:
‏@jk_rowling

‏@jk_rowling

"Second, notice that Rowling isn’t simply retweeting or replying to her bashers like she normally does. The reader comments were attached to her tweets as cropped photos. This allowed Rowling to grey-out their Twitter handles so the users couldn’t be easily identified. Perhaps she doesn’t want to promote those who are attacking her, but I suspect there’s another reason: She’s sparing them the avalanche of blowback from her supporters. If my read is correct, it’s an act of benevolence in the face of hostility that Dumbledore would approve of."
Went to some trouble to NOT show the asshole's handle. I would have left it in and mentioned it a couple more times to make sure people got it. But, that's just me.

I love the one where she said that she is considering selling the books in pairs, one to read and one to burn
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
‏@jk_rowling

‏@jk_rowling

I love the one where she said that she is considering selling the books in pairs, one to read and one to burn
Indeed. It is a degree of both class and humor that RWingnut morons simply cannot grasp, in the depths of their scientifically-confirmed stupidity.
Put your money on Dunning-Kruger; you'll seldom lose.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Poor suffering Trump supporter...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/2/11 ... trumpsters

"A Trump supporting Facebook friend told Scott Mednick, "We suffered for eight years. Now it’s your turn.”
Scott wrote a brilliant response asking how exactly his friend had suffered under Obama:..."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump supporters....

Amazon launched a fake radio station to promote ‘The Man in the High Castle.’ Angry Trump supporters thought it was real.
If there's a fake radio station about resisting Nazis and you take it personally, what does it say about you? #ResistanceRadio
Conservatives really thought #ResistanceRadio was a thing? Triggered little snowflakes they are.
Wait - are people on the right actually believing #ResistanceRadio is a real thing? Explains so much.
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So yesterday Lady O took Muttley O Really out for his morning constitutional. Came back in and said, "I met a real live Trumper!" "Sad! I'll tell you about it after I've had a shower."

She had had a conversation with a guy at the dog park who for some reason thought he'd get a sympathetic ear from Lady O for his ranting. Bad guess. He was from Illinois and went on about how crime in Chicago is awful and how Trump ought to send in the Army to clean it up. She asked him if he lived in Chicago (no) or if he knew anybody involved in Chicago crime (no). And did he know it wasn't legal to "send in the Army" for routine crime work (no, but it "ought to be"). Since that line wasn't going well, he started on the "disaster" of Obamacare and the cost rising more than ever in history. Does he have his health insurance through Obamacare? (no, he's got Medicare) Before he went on Medicare, did he have an individual Obamacare policy? (no, he had an employer plan). So she says, "that's awful about the premiums - do you happen to know what the rate of premium increase in health insurance was from, say, 1985-2005? (no, what does that matter) She told him it would be interesting to know that so he'd know if the current increases really were higher than in the past. (well that was different - before the gummint took over healthcare) So, she says, it looks like after "the gummint took over healthcare" that costs are increasing less than they were before. Is that a disaster? ("Well, it's a disaster because it's Obamacare")

I've been looking out for him - I'd like to give him another schooling myself. Not that it would make any difference. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:"I'll tell you about it after I've had a shower."
O Really wrote:... he's got Medicare ... well that was different - before the gummint took over healthcare ...
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Backer Allegedly Texted Teen Boy: ‘Interested in Some Sexual Stuff?’
Oklahoma state Sen. Ralph Shortey is charged with three felonies after he was busted with a teen boy in a motel room.

An Oklahoma Republican who was a key backer of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has been charged with three felonies after cops found him in a hotel room with an underage boy.

Republican Sen. Ralph Shortey was charged Thursday with with engaging in child prostitution, prostitution within 1,000 feet of a church, and transporting a minor for the purposes of prostitution. Shortey checked into a hotel with an underage male just after midnight last Thursday and police arrived 30 minutes later, responding to a welfare check....

The day after the motel bust, Shortey posted a photo with Donald Trump Jr. on Facebook.

“Was honoured to have lunch today with Donald Trump Jr. and some very influential and passionate bsiness leaders in our state,” Shortey wrote. “Loved hearing the war stories from the campaign trail and what the next phase is in restoring our republic. Looking forward to an exciting future and hope to be a big part of it.”

The Oklahoma state Senate voted on Wednesday to strip Shortey of all the privileges of holding elected office, including his office, parking space, and government-issued computer. He’ll still be able to vote, and collect his paychecks.

Shortey has represented Oklahoma City in the state Senate since 2010. He has three daughters with his wife of 15 years.

As a lawmaker, Shortey has been a right-wing stalwart. In 2011, he proposed a bill that would strip undocumented immigrants of property used in the commission of a crime.
I hope they take the car that he drove to the motel with.
... The same year, Shortey proposed a bill requiring presidential candidates to submit their birth certificates to the election board before appearing on an Oklahoma ballot. And in January 2012, he took on the issue of aborted fetuses, hidden in our food.

“No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients,” the bill proposed by Shortey read.
:-0?>
More recently, Shortey threw his support behind the Trump-led crackdown on so-called “sanctuary cities,” alleging that undocumented immigrants from Central America were engaged in child sex trafficking.

"When you incentivize illegal immigration, you incentivize a lot of bad things,” Shortey told KFOR-TV in February. “There's a trail of death from Honduras to the United States of America, and the families are giving their children and others over to coyotes and to human traffickers.”

Solicitation of a minor through technology is punishable by up to 10 years in prison in Oklahoma.
Irony.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Posted to the Homophobic thread at the same time.
Opps.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

More:
Oklahoma lawmaker arrested on child prostitution charges

... Ralph Shortey, a 35-year-old conservative Republican who has a wife and three young daughters, surrendered to authorities on charges of engaging in child prostitution, transporting a minor for prostitution and engaging in prostitution within 1,000 feet of a church. He was released after about two hours on a $100,000 bond....

The allegations led to Shortey's removal from his volunteer position with the Oklahoma City YMCA's Youth and Government program, in which he has been active for 17 years and served as a chaperone on several out-of-state trips, YMCA spokeswoman Brenda Bennett said. She said she was unaware of any allegations of wrongdoing involving Shortey's work for the program, but that the agency is conducting an internal investigation due to the nature of the criminal case....
Maybe Mr.B should worry more about conservative Christian Republicans with wives leading Christian youth groups than open gays leading Boy Scout troops.
The officers smelled marijuana smoke coming from the room and found Shortey and the teen alone inside....

During his seven years in the state Senate, Shortey built a name for himself by pushing bills targeting those living in the country illegally and expanding gun rights. He routinely voted with his Republican colleagues on bills targeting gay and transgendered people, including a measure passed earlier this year that would allow business owners to discriminate against gay people....

Shortey faced fierce public criticism earlier this year when he sponsored a bill to stiffen the penalties for drug possession within 1,000 feet of a school or church ...

So much irony.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

All this dumping on mr. shortey. How about some of the really good things he has done.

And in January 2012, he took on the issue of aborted fetuses, hidden in our food.
“No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients,” the bill proposed by Shortey read.

We can now eat without fear of eating human fetuses

bb may consider moving his vote to the land of ok
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Bob Woodward is a lying SoS trumpette