President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm
You guys in NC may luck out....or maybe not. I've been reading stories that say Mark Meadows is in consideration for chief of staff. I think it's a good choice and can hardly wait. I think Meadows is funny. As for not being lucky over it, you could possibly get a worse representative than Meadows but personally I would take the chance.
In some ways, it would be hard to find a worse guy than Meadows. He's either a total nut or a total con man, but he behaves like a real person and is pretty competent at politics. Any replacement would probably also be a nutty yahoo because of the gerrymander, but would also likely to be more obvious and less effective with his fellow nuts, at least for a couple of years or so.

But I'm betting Meadows likes his gerrymander-guaranteed lifetime job and knows if he leaves for Trump's staff his career will be toast.
That makes sense, but I read an article the other day about the Ayers guy and it suggested he was picked because of his nominal resemblance to a younger Trump. I think Meadows can also be said to have a passing resemblance. I suppose we'll see what we'll see. Maybe he can get that David Dennison guy to be his new chief of staff.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 pm
Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff

Not only is Ayers ditching the failed admin entirely, but the team is so incompetent that they let his name go public before being certain that he'd take the job. Opps.
Rep. Meadows out of running for White House chief of staff: officials
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 am
... I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to reincarnate as more of a "moderate." ...
Idk, that would be a hard thing for the chair of the RWNJ "Freedom Caucus" to ever pull off.

IF Meadows goes for it, it will be choosing the 'big pond' of the WH over the 'small pond' of NC-11. If not, you were probably correct about his job security. Even before the obscene gerrymandering, the furthest "left" the district went was rightwing Dem Heath Shuler, and before that Repug "Chainsaw" Charlie Taylor.
I once worked at the USPS facility in Brevard, NC which is where Charles Taylor lives. I still remember his PO box number is 66 but I don't recall the zip code. Anyway, that's his private mailing address and I expect it has been for quite some time.......when I worked at the post office in Brevard, the local phone company was a family owned business. It was sort of like Mayberry with a mean tinge to it. I was lucky to get out with my fucking life.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:52 pm
"just as" is a subjective phrase, but bot posts can look very human. In this case it was "just as" for you, not for me and probably not for banni, which he then confirmed by looking up the Pakistani ISP.

Danaity changed the thread title to "Danny Dain". Any reply that quotes Danaity or quote of a reply that quotes Danaity keeps the new thread title. Any other post reverts to the original thread title.
Well, that explains that! (I think!) Thanks!
I knew the thread title could be changed for a series of posts; I think I may have done that a time or two.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c12 ... 9012f6f651

After getting push back after not inviting all those "black people" last year, individual-1 is going to take his ball and go home.
Sources say that he yelled, No Christmas for you and you and you!

(Shouldn't we change the title of this thread to the "individual-1" thread?)
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:19 am
I've just gotten used to POSPOTUS!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I like "Federal Prisoner 45"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:19 am
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c12 ... 9012f6f651

After getting push back after not inviting all those "black people" last year, individual-1 is going to take his ball and go home.
Sources say that he yelled, No Christmas for you and you and you!

It's Dolt .45's War on Christmas . . . Parties.

He remains a big fat zero for me.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 am
... POSPOTUS!
I agree. :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

On my good Lord......multiple outlets reporting

Trump Is Considering Jared Kushner for Chief of Staff Because He’s Been So Good at Everything Else

How's he gonna fire him when the time comes?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump's Favorite Things! - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody

:lol:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:56 pm
Collins gazed deeply into Kavanaugh's eyes and saw his soul.......he'd never lie!!

Yeah, right.
O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:52 pm
I've spent enough time in Maine this summer to get a good local view of "our" Senator.
Collins has held on to her Republican seat in a largely lefterly leaning state (at least in the populated areas) by being socially moderate. But she has no problem presenting one face to the constituents and then licking McConnell's wrinkled fat ass. Her vote for the tax cut was supposedly in exchange for support for healthcare issues - absolutely none of which happened. Probably knew nothing would happen, but saying she was "promised" something let her hide when she's back in Portland.

I also think McConnell told her that if she didn't vote for McConnell she'd lose all her committee positions and might as well just sit in a corner for the rest of her term.

I guess it's too much to ask that she have balls, but at least a spine would be nice.
She's baaaack . . .
Jake Tapper Shuts Down Susan Collins' Attempt To Spin Trump Hush Money Payments

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) thinks more information is needed before she can speak definitively on President Donald Trump’s mounting legal troubles.

On CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday, host Jake Tapper asked Collins what she thought of allegations that Trump personally directed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to distribute hush money payments to two women to help protect his bid for the presidency.

“We need to wait until we have the entire picture,” Collins responded.

But Tapper didn’t let her off so easy.

“I get that when it comes to the Russia investigation,” the host said. “But when it comes to Michael Cohen, we kind of do have the whole picture.” ...
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

The Stay Puft President is not having a good day.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:25 pm
The Stay Puft President is not having a good day.
Yep.

Embattled Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve itself in agreement with New York AG

The POSPOTUS Klan is so hateful and corrupt that it even steals from charities and from charitable donors.
Judge says Michael Flynn's crime is serious: 'Arguably, you sold your country out!'

Michael Flynn's defense attorney asked a federal judge to delay sentencing after the judge unleashed a blistering attack on the former Trump adviser's conduct.

Judge Emmet Sullivan, a veteran of the bench who received his judicial appointments from Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, admonished Flynn at a hearing on Tuesday in Washington, D.C., for lying to the FBI, which he said was made worse because of where it occurred.

"In the White House! In the West Wing. By a high ranking security officer who up to that point had an unblemished career of service to his country,” the judge said. “It's a very serious offense. ... Arguably, this undermines everything this flag over here stands for! Arguably, you sold your country out!" ...

The judge’s comments substantially changed the mood in the courtroom -- especially when he began to question prosecutors about whether they ever considered a charge of treason -- which appeared to stem from his concern about Flynn's work on behalf of the Turkish government until just days before Trump identified him as the man who would serve as his first national security adviser.

“Is there an opinion about the conduct of the defendant that rises to treasonous on the defendants part?” the judge asked Van Grack, who said the special counsel had not considered leveling that charge. “Hypothetically could he have been charged with treason?” the judge asked again.

Van Grack replied that it was “such a serious question I'm hesitant to answer it.” ...
:---P
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, it's been a whole mess o potamia of winning today for sure. I like that Flynn will have to stew for another three months to know his fate. All this winning is sort of exciting but it's starting to get old. If I'm not mistaken, Jared Kushner has a mega million dollar loan payment coming up next month sometime. Get ready for more winning.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

May favorite of today was that "Trump agreed" to shut down his charity.

Nice spin on forced to shutdown his charity.

bannination
Captain

Numbnuts:
The Democrats, are saying loud and clear that they do not want to build a Concrete Wall - but we are not building a Concrete Wall, we are building artistically designed steel slats, so that you can easily see through it.... ....It will be beautiful and, at the same time, give our Country the security that our citizens deserve. It will go up fast and save us BILLIONS of dollars a month once completed!
A fence then? Your future prison home? What?

bannination
Captain

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:49 pm
https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

It's happening.
Idiots. It doesn't matter where the money comes from. Spending it would still have to be authorized by the Dem House and an un-filibustered Senate.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 pm
bannination wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:49 pm
https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

It's happening.
Idiots. It doesn't matter where the money comes from. Spending it would still have to be authorized by the Dem House and an un-filibustered Senate.
You need to donate $80 per person, and that's just for $1 billion, which isn't even going to scratch the surface.... fine... but people are donating $5 to $20.....

:violent:

Any bets on how high it gets? I'm going to guess it gets to around a million and then it completely stalls out. I'd bet there's more than a few people donating just because they know the goal will never be hit.

bannination
Captain

I kinda want to start a go fund me for ladders. :lol:

I mean.... you really only need one.

:lol: