President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B's #1 "guy" is a nurse who is an idiotic jackass who thinks he's a woman.... :violent: :lol:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:I can't understand the blatant act that I consider illegal of copying phone contacts, imaging the phone, etc before being turned back.
It's fully legal for the DHS to search Americans crossing back into the US. And Americans not crossing borders, but simply going about their business within 100 air miles from any external boundary of the United States. Including the coasts. That covers about 2/3rds of the US population. In 2008 "property" that could be seized and searched without any reason at all was redefined to include all electronic equipment, laptops, cameras, and cell phones.

The Constitution-Free Zone: Fact and Fiction

With Americans accepting this, Canadians simply have to accept it too when they visit the US. Or just don't visit. Also the Canada Border Services Agency has been know to do the same thing, though only at the border/airport with people entering Canada.

HOWEVER...

What I'm watching with interest is what happens at US customs at Canadian airports:

In October a Canadian journalist was flying to Bismarck, ND to cover the Standing Rock oil pipeline protests. He was detained for more than six hours by US Customs at the Vancouver airport, his phones searched etc. before being turned away. Again, this was by US Customs on Canadian soil.

A decade ago, running out of space on its side of the Peace Bridge, America's Homeland Security decided to move its screening process to the Canadian side. And then demanded that the Canadian government allow it to fingerprint anyone turned away. The Canadian government refused. In Canada no-one can be fingerprinted without giving permission, unless that person is being charged with a criminal offence.

I have to wonder how much the Canadian journalist's treatment required a false assumption of American authority over him. If he figured out early that he wouldn't be allowed into the US, I suspect that he could have had every right to refuse to give up his phones, and end the interrogation by simply walking away.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:It looks like he has rationalized his utter hypocrisy in harping on Paul's antipathy towards gays while ignoring Paul's equal abhorrence of women speaking in church by just not listening to women.
True, that.

Of course Mr.B's "religious" beliefs are to Christianity what WWE wrestling is to sports. It's much the same relationship that Trump has to his current job.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Were there some good marches in Canada? Did you join in?
More than 1 in 100 Americans marched against Donald Trump Saturday, say political scientists

... 3,341,823 to 4,611,782 people turned out to march across the nation....

In Washington, organizers released a crowd estimate of more than 500,000 early on Saturday morning that was confirmed by city officials on Sunday, and the local Metro authority told the New York Times Sunday that it had logged more than 1 million individual entries into the underground rail system over the course of the day — the second-highest number ever, after Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration day, which saw 1.12 million entries. Independent crowd scientists studied pictures from the scene for the Times and concluded turnout was at least 470,000 at 2 p.m. Saturday, or three times as many as had attended Trump’s inauguration the day before....

Women’s March organizers logged reports of 678 sister marches around the world, with an estimated total of 4,814,000 marchers worldwide....
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Were there some good marches in Canada? Did you join in?"

"Good marches" ...?

Wow! Every kid's goal in life... Attend a "good protest march"..!
Last edited by Mr.B on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B wrote:"Good marches" ...?

Wow! Every kid's goal in life... Attend a "good protest march"..!
Honestly, at least they're going out and partaking in something rather than sitting on their computers and being slacktivists like me and many others. Despite our differences, I have tons of respect and admiration for Vrede for actually doing something tangible.

Also, why so much hate for those peacefully gathering to make their concerns heard? I've noticed that quite a lot. Yeah, Trump's the prez. Are we all supposed to fall in line behind the guy like good drones? He's a pretty reprehensible person and is severely lacking in character and tact. Blatantly lies, and appears incredibly unhinged and barely able to form a coherent argument. He lost by three million votes. As long as people aren't smashing shit go for it.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"Good marches" ...?...."Wow! Every kid's goal in life... Attend a "good protest march"..!"
"Honestly, at least they're going out and partaking in something rather than sitting on their computers and being slacktivists like me and many others."
I suppose you're correct, JTA, with one correction. They're not "sitting on their computers and being slacktivists"..they've got their nose buried into a smartphone being slacktivists. There's many things that young folks could do that would make a difference instead of covering their faces, carrying hate signs, and screaming obscenities in a protest march....not that all protest "marches" are like that.

"Despite our differences, I have tons of respect and admiration for Vrede for actually doing something tangible."
Believe it or not, I do as well, and I have told him that several times, but he wishes to dwell on and bait me with hateful remarks for my differences in politics and my clinging to my religious beliefs.

"Also, why so much hate for those peacefully gathering to make their concerns heard? I've noticed that quite a lot."
It's not hate, JTA; to be honest, it's baiting or trolling. Vrede, Boatrocker, rstrong, and billydot refuse to budge off their hateful rhetoric, so if I'm going to post here, I have to suck it up and hand it right back.

"Yeah, Trump's the prez. Are we all supposed to fall in line behind the guy like good drones? He's a pretty reprehensible person and is severely lacking in character and tact. Blatantly lies, and appears incredibly unhinged and barely able to form a coherent argument."
I have expressed the same sentiments. A good example is the current pissin' contest in Washington over how many attended the inauguration. Who gives a rat's butt how many were there? The fact is, he still was inaugurated, despite the furor in the streets, he still was inaugurated.... as long as the above mentioned whiners wring their hands in sorrow, I'll be here to laugh....if I'm going to post here, it's my sworn duty!!! :lol:

"He lost by three million votes. As long as people aren't smashing sh-t go for it."
They ain't gonna stop, it seems.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

But didnt you support Nathaniel Frothingham Jr when he destroyed property to make a point
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:"But didnt you support Nathaniel Frothingham Jr when he destroyed property to make a point"
Sure did...I was right there shaking my pom-poms! (which had just been invented) :D

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

bannination wrote:Lies == "Alternative facts" - Kellyanne Conway

I love the veiled threats on press access as well. How do people not see this bullshit!?!?!
Yeah, I was myself unlucky enough to see Kellyanne on tv yesterday telling about how the White House press secretary had presented "alternate facts" which were, in actuality, lies. Needless to say, I started drinking early yesterday. Does anyone remember how Grace Slick sang "when the truth is found to be lies...." guess we're there, Bubba. :wtf:

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:"But didnt you support Nathaniel Frothingham Jr when he destroyed property to make a point"
Sure did...I was right there shaking my pom-poms! (which had just been invented) :D
Is that what you call 'em, now?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boat*rocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
"Sure did...I was right there shaking my pom-poms! (which had just been invented)" :D
"Is that what you call 'em, now?"
You're already obsessing with the contents of my nostrils; you going for my pom-poms now? You're weird.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
Boat*rocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
"Sure did...I was right there shaking my pom-poms! (which had just been invented)" :D
"Is that what you call 'em, now?"
You're already obsessing with the contents of my nostrils; you going for my pom-poms now? You're weird.

and you support violence and destruction through riot, but only when the "savages" are similar to you in color belief.

cool bb.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
bannination wrote:Lies == "Alternative facts" - Kellyanne Conway

I love the veiled threats on press access as well. How do people not see this bullshit!?!?!
Yeah, I was myself unlucky enough to see Kellyanne on tv yesterday telling about how the White House press secretary had presented "alternate facts" which were, in actuality, lies. Needless to say, I started drinking early yesterday. Does anyone remember how Grace Slick sang "when the truth is found to be lies...." guess we're there, Bubba. :wtf:

but he may have been right about the crowd size. that's what alternative facts are.

At times our eyes can play tricks on us. And we know images can be deceptive.

Trump's crowd was by no means any smaller.

It's just that so many of his supporters were wearing white hoods.

see, after a reasonable explanation we can see that trump has a bigger dick than Marco

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:But didnt you support Nathaniel Frothingham Jr when he destroyed property to make a point
No, the current version of Mr.B as expressed in BRD would have been a Loyalist. He would have described the hotheads who threw tea in the harbor as "butt-hurt whiners" and would have complained about the debris they left on the dock.

Countess Kellyanne - Sir, the peasants are revolting!

King Donald - You said it. They stink on ice.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:

see, after a reasonable explanation we can see that trump has a bigger dick than Marco
Did you mean "has" or "is" - either one might work. But we know for sure that Marco is the all-hat-no-cattle grandstander with no balls that most conscious people saw him as before.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:... Trump's crowd was by no means any smaller.

It's just that so many of his supporters were wearing white hoods....
:lol: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:... Takes even more to get a yuuge crowd out. And more still to get them out in multiple cities. Protests in all 50 states and 32 countries is unpresidented, without doubt. The point isn't to get him to abdicate - the point is to send a message. Well sent.
The rule of thumb for letters to pols used to be that each one represented at least 10 citizens' feelings. Perhaps it's less for petitions and emails, and it's certainly much more for marchers.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:Were there some good marches in Canada? Did you join in?
Toronto and Vancouver had marches:
Organizers in Canada say they were taken aback by the size of the crowds in their individual communities. When Deb Parent filled out the form for a permit at Queen’s Park in Toronto for the Saturday march, she wrote that she anticipated 3,000 participants. Some media estimates put the crowd at 20 times that number.
I haven't heard of any here in Winnipeg. No doubt there was something somewhere, but it hasn't made the news even after the fact.

Winnipeg news services will only report on anything from a march to a science fiction convention after it happens. Before that it's advertising, not news, and would cut into ad revenue if they reported on it for free. Since I no longer having any connections to the university crowd, local events are strictly a past-tense thing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

:clap:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.