President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Hitting em where it really hurts.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:20 pm
Hitting em where it really hurts.
Joe's first EO will be renaming it Presidents' Except Trump Day.

Worst ever is a near certainty.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 pm

"Near"???
There have been other bad ones, due to incompetence, bad circumstances, poor advice/decisions, yada, but never intentional destruction of the government and laws they're sworn to lead and protect.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 pm

"Near"???
There have been other bad ones, due to incompetence, bad circumstances, poor advice/decisions, yada, but never intentional destruction of the government and laws they're sworn to lead and protect.
It's a certainty IMO, but I can't speak for what Americans and historians will think and say.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I really don't know how any semi-rational person could ask for more to qualify for WOAT. And it's not without some personal experience that I would expect Repugs to renounce their guy for being criminal scum. I've been a Dem from well before I was eligible to vote, and I still was out yelling at LBJ "how many kids did you kill today" and was glad he dropped out. I wasn't much of a Carter fan when he was President, and I think I voted for Anderson that year. I had no problem bashing Clinton for his Monica adventures, although I didn't find it an impeachable offence. I can't imagine being a Repug and not being totally aghast and appalled by Trump and not wanting him replaced.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm
I really don't know how any semi-rational person could ask for more to qualify for WOAT. And it's not without some personal experience that I would expect Repugs to renounce their guy for being criminal scum. I've been a Dem from well before I was eligible to vote, and I still was out yelling at LBJ "how many kids did you kill today" and was glad he dropped out. I wasn't much of a Carter fan when he was President, and I think I voted for Anderson that year. I had no problem bashing Clinton for his Monica adventures, although I didn't find it an impeachable offence. I can't imagine being a Repug and not being totally aghast and appalled by Trump and not wanting him replaced.
Without question he will always be the worst and I also protested LBJ and I have complained since 2010 that Obama sold us out on pretty much everything he did, but this "new right" never will turn on trump.

There are a few who are beginning to make little squeaking noises, but the majority will never concede this election to Biden.
They are the new fact free right
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

A bunch of fascist dipshits are doing their best to make us a nation of fascist dipshits. The effort has been remarkably successful until recently.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮😠😠😠

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Hell, why isn't he giving that medal to every member of the Raiders?

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

PGA cancels plans to play 2022 championship at Trump golf course

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/business ... index.html

Trumps rhetoric is now finally hitting him in the wallet.

Also, I read elsewhere one of the larger online payment processors dropped him as well. So no more money from selling Trump merchandise.

Just think, if he let the experts handle the pandemic response and just shut his mouth for a few months he probably would've been reelected.

But no, his ego gets the best of him.

If he had only conceded the election and never given that inflammatory speach at the capitol on January 6th, his brand would've probably at least still been viable.

But nope, now the Trump brand is completely wrecked too.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

More than half of Americans want President Trump out of the office before inauguration day
ABC News/Ipsos poll finds that majority fault Trump for rioting in D.C.

... The majority of the American public (56%) says that Donald Trump should be removed from office before his term ends.

Two-thirds (67%) say the President deserves a good amount (15%) or a great deal (52%) of the blame for the riots in Washington, D.C....

Among those who do not believe Trump should be removed (43%), about half believe he did nothing wrong (54%) and half believe his actions this week were wrong, but it is not worth the effort because he is leaving office on the 20th (45%).

Sixty-one percent of Republicans believe the President did nothing wrong, and a third believe it isn’t worth the effort....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮😠😠😠

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/306 ... nald-trump
"Recently I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award.

"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions.

"Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

-- Bill Belichick
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮😠😠😠

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/306 ... nald-trump
"Recently I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award.

"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions.

"Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

-- Bill Belichick
:clap:
trump handed out 3 Presidential Medals of Freedom 1 day after he instigated an attack on the Capitol

I give the Zaharias guy a pass, but the other two must be real low lifes for accepting

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/trump-t ... pitol.html
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Salesforce, the platform the Trump campaign used to send out mass emails, has now dropped him.

What's ironic is Trump is experiencing what would've happened had he gotten section 230 repealed.

The dudes being completely erased.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President*-unelect Trump

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:02 am
trump handed out 3 Presidential Medals of Freedom 1 day after he instigated an attack on the Capitol

I give the Zaharias guy a pass, but the other two must be real low lifes for accepting

IMO anyone who accepted a Medal of Freedom from 45SHOLE after he gave one to Rush is scum.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:02 am

IMO anyone who accepted a Medal of Freedom from 45SHOLE after he gave one to Rush is scum.
Can you imagine anyone proudly proclaiming "I received this from President Cheetohead " in ten years?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:49 am
Can you imagine anyone proudly proclaiming "I received this from President Cheetohead " in ten years?
If displayed at all, these will be the only ones not placed next to a pic of the ceremony.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 am
PGA cancels plans to play 2022 championship at Trump golf course

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/business ... index.html

Trumps rhetoric is now finally hitting him in the wallet.

... now the Trump brand is completely wrecked too.
Trump is reportedly 'gutted' about losing PGA Championship

:violin: :violin: :violin:
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:49 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 am
Correction: Anyone who accepted a Medal of Freedom from 45SHOLE after he gave one to Sheldon Adelson in 2018 is scum.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Trump stiffing Giuliani on legal fees. Once could debate whether his "legal services" were of value, but it looks like typical Trump sleaze.
On Wednesday, The Washington Post reported that outgoing President Donald Trump is reluctant to pay his longtime friend and attorney Rudy Giuliani for his legal services in the election lawsuits — and has instructed staff not to approve the fees.

"Though Trump has been exceptionally furious with Vice President Pence, his relationship with lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, one of his most steadfast defenders, is also fracturing, according to people with knowledge of the dynamics between the men," reported Philip Rucker, Josh Dawsey, and Ashley Parker. "Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president's behalf to challenge election results in key states. They said Trump has privately expressed concern with some of Giuliani's moves and did not appreciate a demand from Giuliani for $20,000 a day in fees for his work attempting to overturn the election."

Giuliani played a key role in arguing an election fraud suit in Pennsylvania — the first time he has argued in federal court in almost 30 years. During that case, he showed a spectacular ignorance of the law, not even knowing basic legal terms like "strict scrutiny."