POTUSes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: POTUSes

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:32 pm

No Shrub, Barack or Dolt .45? :headscratch:

Also, what about the Pences, Cheneys, Gores and Quayles?
Not a tradition for First Ladies.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:10 pm
Wonder what Melania thinks (if she's capable of thinking that deeply) as she hears tributes to Rosalynn Carter's lifetime of good works.

Hey, I sell NFT's?

Be Best!
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:43 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:32 pm
:D True, but good on her for attending despite the obvious comparisons.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jim ... 35375.html

Jimmy made it!
... Tuesday's invitation-only ceremony was attended by Jimmy as well as current President Joe Biden, former President Bill Clinton, Vice President Kamala Harris and second gentleman Doug Emhoff.

Every living U.S. first lady — including Dr. Jill Biden, Melania Trump, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Laura Bush — also attended Tuesday's tribute service for Rosalynn....
No Shrub, Barack or Dolt .45? :headscratch:

Also, what about the Pences, Cheneys, Gores and Quayles?
Not a tradition for First Ladies.
Still, Joe, Bill, Melania, Michelle, Hillary and Laura showed up.

Could be, but this was probably the final opportunity to indirectly honor Jimmy while he's still living.
Last edited by Vrede too on Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:23 pm

Could be, but this was probably the final opportunity to indirectly honor Jimmy while he's still living.
Good point, but I'm not sure he'd know the difference and probably wouldn't care as he just lost his wife.

They'll be honoring him pretty soon anyways.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:27 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Good point, but I'm not sure he'd know the difference and probably wouldn't care as he just lost his wife.

He's supposedly still mostly mentally intact, but -0-? .

Fyi, I edited the list above of who was there, does not affect the content of your post.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:32 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:27 pm
Vrede too wrote:

He's supposedly still mostly mentally intact, but -0-? .

Fyi, I edited the list above of who was there, does not affect the content of your post.
He sent me a Christmas card
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:56 am
Still witnessing to atheists :P

Yesterday marks 1 year since 99 year old Jimmy opted "to 'receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention' for an undisclosed terminal illness." Add this achievement to all of his other ones. 100 on October 1.

Presidential experts rank Biden 14th among presidents in survey, Trump comes in last

In a recent survey conducted by a panel of experts specializing in the American presidency, President Biden was ranked 14th-best president, while his likely 2024 presidential opponent former President Donald Trump found himself at the bottom of the list.

The 2024 Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey which was conducted from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, included current and recent members of the Presidents and Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics.

The experts ranked Abraham Lincoln as America’s greatest president.

Biden was placed ahead of Woodrow Wilson, Ronald Reagan and Ulysses S. Grant. Former President Barack Obama was ranked at no. 7, eight spots higher than when the experts were polled last year.

Trump received the lowest ranking in the survey at 45, placing below James Buchanan at 44th, Andrew Johnson at 43rd, Franklin Pierce at 42nd and William Henry Harrison at 41st....
Jimmy is #22, which feels about right to me.

Shrub is #32, hah, and Nixon #35.

#14 ain't bad, but would Joltin' Joe be even higher if he was younger and everything else was the same? He'll probably climb if he wins a 2nd term.

I'm not sure that I would rank Abe at #1 - I prefer FDR - nor LBJ and JFK as high as #9 and #10, but otherwise I can't gripe.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:23 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:56 am
Still witnessing to atheists :P

Yesterday marks 1 year since 99 year old Jimmy opted "to 'receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention' for an undisclosed terminal illness." Add this achievement to all of his other ones. 100 on October 1.

Presidential experts rank Biden 14th among presidents in survey, Trump comes in last

In a recent survey conducted by a panel of experts specializing in the American presidency, President Biden was ranked 14th-best president, while his likely 2024 presidential opponent former President Donald Trump found himself at the bottom of the list.

The 2024 Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey which was conducted from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, included current and recent members of the Presidents and Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics.

The experts ranked Abraham Lincoln as America’s greatest president.

Biden was placed ahead of Woodrow Wilson, Ronald Reagan and Ulysses S. Grant. Former President Barack Obama was ranked at no. 7, eight spots higher than when the experts were polled last year.

Trump received the lowest ranking in the survey at 45, placing below James Buchanan at 44th, Andrew Johnson at 43rd, Franklin Pierce at 42nd and William Henry Harrison at 41st....
Jimmy is #22, which feels about right to me.

Shrub is #32, hah, and Nixon #35.

#14 ain't bad, but would Joltin' Joe be even higher if he was younger and everything else was the same? He'll probably climb if he wins a 2nd term.

I'm not sure that I would rank Abe at #1 - I prefer FDR - nor LBJ and JFK as high as #9 and #10, but otherwise I can't gripe.
https://www.cartercenter.org/news/featu ... c=Article3

“Budi County’s terrain is mountainous, and there are few roads. So, in many areas, case finders ventured out on foot in search of patients with vision issues. Lodai Peter Linus found 70-year-old Santina Koritom, blinded by cataracts, living on a mountainside. She agreed to undergo surgery, but she could not manage the descent from her home on her own. So, Lodai carried her down the mountain on his back.“
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:13 am
https://www.cartercenter.org/news/featu ... -back.html

“Budi County’s terrain is mountainous, and there are few roads. So, in many areas, case finders ventured out on foot in search of patients with vision issues. Lodai Peter Linus found 70-year-old Santina Koritom, blinded by cataracts, living on a mountainside. She agreed to undergo surgery, but she could not manage the descent from her home on her own. So, Lodai carried her down the mountain on his back.“
I think they are only ranking the presidencies. If post-presidency works are included I might rank Jimmy as high as #1, maybe #2 to FDR.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:roll:
Fox News Report On Trump's Dismal Ranking Gets The Treatment From Critics
A new survey puts Trump in his place... historically speaking.

Fox News found a creative way to avoid revealing Donald Trump’s place in history ― and the former president’s critics on social media are loving it.

Social scientists and other scholars asked to rank U.S. presidents put Trump dead last.

But in its tease on X, Fox News merely said Trump was below President Joe Biden:

The survey released by the Presidential Greatness Project puts Trump in last place, behind even William Henry Harrison (#31), who died of pneumonia just 31 days into his presidency, and Richard M. Nixon (#35), who resigned in disgrace due to the Watergate scandal.

... But it was Trump’s ranking that’s been getting the most attention. He was not only ranked last overall, but nearly last even by conservative scholars, who ranked him 43rd out of 45, and Republicans, who put him at 41....
:---P That was not in the first article I linked.
George Conway

Odd that the tweet and headline don’t highlight the fact that Trump came in dead last, and that even Republican participants in the survey viewed him as being among the five worst presidents.
Can’t believe I’m quoting FoxNews but…..😂😂😂
Some impressive misdirection on Fox's part. Trump came in dead last. Worst president ever, according to historians
Your headline should read:

“New presidential rankings place Trump dead last even below Buchanan.”
Are you surprised? We’re not surprised. But they must be really surprised over at Fox News!
lol

tfw you suck more than the guy who was president for 30 days
James Buchanan
@POTUS_15
(15th President of the US. Second worst US President after Donald Trump. Pennsylvania Senator. US Ambassador. Never impeached. Never indicted. Satirically Dead.)

I'M NOT DEAD LAST ANYMORE!

Wanna take a stab at who is?!?! 😬
:thumbup:

:clap: for all :obscene-birdiered: Faux Noise. More tweets at the link.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:laughing-rolling: