Middle East

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Middle East

Unread post by Vrede too »

On top of the latest Iran 1953/Gulf of Tonkin/1980s Central America/Grenada/Panama/Iraq WMD and al Qaeda/Iran 2019 LIES, there's this:
U.S. Accuses Iran Prematurely of Violating Nuclear Deal | P4+1 and Iran Nuclear Deal Alert, June 14, 2019

Tensions over the 2015 multilateral nuclear deal with Iran continue to rise after the Trump administration accused Tehran of violating one of its commitments under the agreement, but Iran’s decision to install additional advanced centrifuges appears to fall into a gray area not covered by the accord, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). Despite the lack of clarity, the United States urged Iran to return to compliance even though U.S. President Donald Trump violated the deal by reimposing sanctions in May 2018 and Washington is no longer party to the agreement.
:confusion-scratchheadblue:
... Officials from P4+1 countries party to the JCPOA have disputed the U.S. characterization that Iran is in noncompliance with its JCPOA obligations (see below for details)....
POSPOTUS/Bolton/Pompeo are stupidly lying, again.
Members of Congress Seek Restrictions on Iran War Funding

Members of Congress are pushing to restrict the Trump administration’s ability to go to war with Iran. Representatives Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), Seth Moulton (D-Mass.), and Anthony Brown (D-Md.) offered an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2020 stating that funds appropriated by the legislation cannot be used for military action against Iran unless Congress declares war or authorizes military force. An exception is also granted in the event of an attack upon the United States.

Khanna withdrew the amendment from the committee after it was debated June 13 but said he intended to introduce it on the floor. Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee Representative Adam Smith (D-Wash.) said he supported a floor vote on the issue and that he wants to “make clear in this NDAA that you have to follow the law and follow the Constitution before you go to war with Iran.” ...
Heroes.

Congress must use upcoming defense bills to guard against a confrontation with Iran
By Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) and Tom Pickering
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

A week or so ago I predicted we'd be at war with Iran within sixty days. I will now cut fifteen days off that estimate.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-crypti ... 54063.html

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 am
I would be willing to bet trump starts a war with Iran if for no other reason than he probably thinks it would ensure his re election since we've never voted in someone other than the incumbent during a war as far as I know. Plus, he's fucking crazy stupid and has Yosemite Sam as national security advisor. I figure the next sixty days will tell the tale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOXedx1_sbk
Opps, it was more than a month ago that I predicted the sixty day scenario.....time flies when you're on the way to a shit rain. So my sixty day prediction was on May 15 which would make sixty days the middle of next month; I've now revised it to be at the end of this month. shit shit shit

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:55 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 am
I would be willing to bet trump starts a war with Iran if for no other reason than he probably thinks it would ensure his re election since we've never voted in someone other than the incumbent during a war as far as I know. Plus, he's fucking crazy stupid and has Yosemite Sam as national security advisor. I figure the next sixty days will tell the tale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOXedx1_sbk
Opps, it was more than a month ago that I predicted the sixty day scenario.....time flies when you're on the way to a shit rain. So my sixty day prediction was on May 15 which would make sixty days the middle of next month; I've now revised it to be at the end of this month. shit shit shit
Worked for nixon's election and bush's reelection.

Plenty of time before the election. Bush's lies almost caught up with him before the election.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1 year:
Jamal Khashoggi

Jamal Ahmad Khashoggi (13 October 1958 – 2 October 2018) was a Saudi Arabian dissident, author, columnist for The Washington Post, and a general manager and editor-in-chief of Al-Arab News Channel who was assassinated at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on 2 October 2018 by agents of the Saudi government after they had allegedly used Israeli spyware to hack his cell phone. He also served as editor for the Saudi newspaper Al Watan, turning it into a platform for Saudi progressives....
RIP
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

All criticism of 45SHOLE's complicity in the Saudis' genocide against Yemen is apt, but we should not for get when and how it began.

Ben Rhodes’ False Atonement for the Yemen War
Our failure to reckon with Obama-era atrocities—and why it matters.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:08 pm
All criticism of 45SHOLE's complicity in the Saudis' genocide against Yemen is apt, but we should not for get when and how it began.

Ben Rhodes’ False Atonement for the Yemen War
Our failure to reckon with Obama-era atrocities—and why it matters.
They a reinvent themselves as the money blows. Hell, Obama is even claiming to be a liberal these days - kinda like he did before 2009.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

EXCLUSIVE: In court filing, FBI accidentally reveals name of Saudi official suspected of directing support for 9/11 hijackers

Kudos to Yahoo! for discovering the terrorist’s name - Mussaed Ahmed al-Jarrah. Don’t expect PINO to do anything about it, though, even though he’s believed to be living in SA.

Donald Trump Shows Power Of U.S. By Curtsying For Saudi King
He once criticized Barack Obama for bowing to the country’s leader.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 pm
EXCLUSIVE: In court filing, FBI accidentally reveals name of Saudi official suspected of directing support for 9/11 hijackers

Kudos to Yahoo! for discovering the terrorist’s name - Mussaed Ahmed al-Jarrah. Don’t expect PINO to do anything about it, though, even though he’s believed to be living in SA.

Donald Trump Shows Power Of U.S. By Curtsying For Saudi King
He once criticized Barack Obama for bowing to the country’s leader.
To be fair, trump did hid the name for 3 years and would have continued to do so for the remainder of his time

But Obama shielded the name for 8 years

And lil bush for 7

That said, Obama isn't running for anything and it's my guess that a lot of trumpettes would get real worked up if shielding a 9.11 accomplice can be hung around his and mitch's fat necks.

Will the dems use it - probably not, but wouldn't it make one hell-of-a commercial on fox? - text showing donnie helps 9.11 money man across a full screen visual of The Curtsey

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:36 pm
To be fair, trump did hid the name for 3 years and would have continued to do so for the remainder of his time

But Obama shielded the name for 8 years

And lil bush for 7

That said, Obama isn't running for anything and it's my guess that a lot of trumpettes would get real worked up if shielding a 9.11 accomplice can be hung around his and mitch's fat necks.

Will the dems use it - probably not, but wouldn't it make one hell-of-a commercial on fox? - text showing donnie helps 9.11 money man across a full screen visual of The Curtsey
Agreed with the others, but it's PINO that has to deal with our now knowing the fact.

Idk what the Dems will do. I also wonder if somehow someone in SA will get the word out on where exactly Mussaed Ahmed al-Jarrah is, what he's doing and who his closest benefactors are.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

(click play)

Whoa.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Before and after satellite images show Beirut port decimated

... The after image shows a huge crater now filled with sea water next to a grain silo building which somehow wasn’t completely flattened.

Every other warehouse in the image has been flattened, with just the steel skeletons remaining. Across the other side of the dock, a passenger ship, the Orient Queen, has been blown on to its side by the blast, while other vessels appear destroyed....

The blast was felt in Cyprus almost 200 kilometers away. Sim Tack, an analyst and weapons expert at the Texas-based private intelligence firm Stratfor, said based on the crater and glass windows being blown out a distance away, the warehouse exploded with the force equivalent to detonating at least 2.2 kilotons of TNT.
Note: Some estimates are lower.

Hiroshima: 16 ± 2 kilotons of TNT
Nagasaki: 21 ± 2 kilotons of TNT
The OKC bomb was about 3 tons of ammonium nitrate, Beirut about 2,750 tons.
... GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (nicknamed the "Mother of All Bombs"), the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in the US arsenal with a blast yield of around 11 tons.

... The substance, a common fertilizer, is a highly-explosive material that has been involved in a number of devastating explosions.

For example, a massive 2015 explosion in Tianjin, China that killed more than 160 people, including 99 firefighters, and damaged over 300 buildings was partially caused by 800 tons of ammonium nitrate, and the 1947 Texas City explosion that killed over 500 people involved the detonation of 2,300 tons of the substance.

The destruction in Beirut has left over 300,000 people homeless at a time when the country is struggling both financially and politically.

:shock: How lucky are they that the windows blew in rather than shattering?!
1312. ETTD.