It's Muller Time

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: It's Mueller Time

Unread post by Vrede too »

Mueller says he did not interview for FBI director position, contradicting Trump

In the little I watched I instantly recognized that Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, is an asshole. Seems that he's a self-defeating idiot, too. Ha.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:31 am
... My guess: Muller will answer some questions but will play the good repug on others. Democrats will be outraged (justifiably) and repugs will say - nothing new, no big deal, let's just Move On....
This 2:19 exchange seems to start off the way you fear, then . . .

Mueller confirms Trump could be charged with a crime after leaving office
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: It's Muller Time

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:45 pm
billy.pilgrim, your boy's turn to make an ass of himself:

Matt Gaetz Rejects Mueller’s Claim That Steele Dossier Was Beyond Investigation’s Scope
But it works, he blew off a DUI, is a congressman, trump is President, The National Enquirer is news, Fox is fair and balanced and up is officially down
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
... Y'all tell me what happens....
Mueller confirms report did not exonerate Trump of obstruction

... Trump has repeatedly claimed that Mueller’s report, released in April, cleared him of allegations that he obstructed justice by attempting to influence the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. House Judiciary Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., asked Mueller about Trump’s assertions.

“And what about total exoneration?” Nadler asked. “Did you actually totally exonerate the president?”

“No,” Mueller said. He also confirmed that his report expressly states the president was not exonerated.

Trump tweeted “NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION!” about 35 minutes before Mueller’s testimony was scheduled to start Wednesday morning.

Mueller’s report stated that Trump had attempted to remove the special counsel, limit the scope of the investigation and influence the testimony of witnesses, among other alleged actions that could constitute obstruction of justice. Mueller declined to decide whether Trump had committed crimes, citing a Department of Justice policy that states a sitting president cannot be indicted.
As expected nothing really new... everything that's been in the report the entire time. The president will continue to be above the law.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
... Y'all tell me what happens....
Mueller confirms report did not exonerate Trump of obstruction

... Trump has repeatedly claimed that Mueller’s report, released in April, cleared him of allegations that he obstructed justice by attempting to influence the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. House Judiciary Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., asked Mueller about Trump’s assertions.

“And what about total exoneration?” Nadler asked. “Did you actually totally exonerate the president?”

“No,” Mueller said. He also confirmed that his report expressly states the president was not exonerated.

Trump tweeted “NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION!” about 35 minutes before Mueller’s testimony was scheduled to start Wednesday morning.

Mueller’s report stated that Trump had attempted to remove the special counsel, limit the scope of the investigation and influence the testimony of witnesses, among other alleged actions that could constitute obstruction of justice. Mueller declined to decide whether Trump had committed crimes, citing a Department of Justice policy that states a sitting president cannot be indicted.
As expected nothing really new... everything that's been in the report the entire time. The president will continue to be above the law.
Did not expect any revelations.
This was all about trying to get people that weren't engaged to pay attention.

Wasn't really compelling enough. Smoking 🚬gun needed.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:12 pm

I'd say at this point the people not engaged are the people deliberately ignoring the results. This will go no where. I hope I'm wrong.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I'd say at this point the people not engaged are the people deliberately ignoring the results. This will go no where. I hope I'm wrong.
Kinda depends if the dems grow a pair and actually open impeachment hearings and put real witnesses on the stand. It's so iffy, could cost the house this close to the election. Pelosi aintgonnaletthathappen. Afraid we're stuck with another year and a half of douchebag.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We'll see how it shakes out politically.

Mueller: Trump's answers were 'generally' untruthful

Mueller may not have had an MVP day, but I don't think it was very good for POSPOTUS, either.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:48 pm
bannination wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Kinda depends if the dems grow a pair and actually open impeachment hearings and put real witnesses on the stand. It's so iffy, could cost the house this close to the election. Pelosi aintgonnaletthathappen. Afraid we're stuck with another year and a half of douchebag.
I think there's a fear that if impeachment proceedings begin too soon and complete before the 2020 election and end without Trump being canned, public perception will be that Trump was completely exonerated, since Republicans in Congress are in all likelihood going to protect Trump no matter what.

As seen in the Muellers testimony yesterday, they'll feign outrage to provide some entertainment to their constituents who are as addicted to outrage as much as their opiates and big Macs.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I still say that if trump were on video having sex with a ten year old girl or boy, the Senate would still not vote him out of office.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:00 pm
I still say that if trump were on video having sex with a ten year old girl or boy, the Senate would still not vote him out of office.
I literally can't think of anything he could do that would get the Senate to remove him. He's already so far surpassed anything that any other elected official in history could get by with, and nothing he does is surprising anymore.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Tissue anyone?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm
I literally can't think of anything he could do that would get the Senate to remove him. He's already so far surpassed anything that any other elected official in history could get by with, and nothing he does is surprising anymore.
By definition modern Repugs are spineless and unpatriotic . . . along with the standard old, white, ammosexual, sexist, hetero, frightened and racist.
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Liberals most likely will take this loss well into Trump”s next term. Further exacerbating the next loss, then there’s the Independents, who we all know doesn’t have a chance whatsoever. Clinging to liberals is all they have and that’s not much.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Would the race matter?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Would the race matter?
They don't see color. Just ask cat
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Don’t give up on the Mueller report now, you only have what remains of this one and the next term. Then you can cry about who your next Republican President is. Thought the tissue gesture was helpful.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.