has the huckleberry woman started dressing herself again?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: has the huckleberry woman started dressing herself again?

Unread post by O Really »

In what world does that possibly make any sense whatsoever?
Oh yeah, third world.

Regulations on child labor are actually pretty mild anyway. It's mostly a prohibition of certain specific jobs that are clearly dangerous, and a restriction on the hours they can work, largely geared to protect school time.

Or, maybe, she's not wanting to repeal the restrictions, just the technicality of getting the damgummit to issue a "permit." That's still stupid, but not as stupid as repealing the restrictions.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:56 am
In what world does that possibly make any sense whatsoever?
Oh yeah, third world.

Regulations on child labor are actually pretty mild anyway. It's mostly a prohibition of certain specific jobs that are clearly dangerous, and a restriction on the hours they can work, largely geared to protect school time.

Or, maybe, she's not wanting to repeal the restrictions, just the technicality of getting the damgummit to issue a "permit." That's still stupid, but not as stupid as repealing the restrictions.
It's partly the latter, but . . .
GoCubsGo's link:
... “The governor believes protecting kids is most important, but doing so with arbitrary burdens on parents to get permission from the government for their child to get a job is burdensome and obsolete,” Henning said. “All child labor laws will still apply and we expect businesses to comply just as they are required to do now.”

Currently, children under 16 are required to verify their age and provide a description of the work schedule, as well as a parent or legal guardian’s consent, in the certificate. The revision would essentially nix that requirement.

Democratic state lawmaker Andrew Collins said removing parental consent from the employment process was a cause for concern.

“Parents have to sign off [on the permit] under the current law. If this passes, the parents won’t have to sign off, and I think that’s a pretty important distinction,” Collins said....
Subsidizing bosses with the loss of parental authority and involvement. :problem:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

“All child labor laws will still apply and we expect businesses to comply just as they are required to do now.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, because we know employers always voluntarily comply with regulations even if there is no enforcement.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:59 pm
“All child labor laws will still apply and we expect businesses to comply just as they are required to do now.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, because we know employers always voluntarily comply with regulations even if there is no enforcement.
Also included in the story. :angry-cussing:
Recent child labor violations in Arkansas

Sanders’s support for the proposed laws comes just two weeks after the Department of Justice fined a food sanitation company $1.5 million for child labor violations in factories across the country, including two cases in Arkansas.

Packers Sanitation Services was penalized for making children, some as young as 13, work in dangerous conditions in over a dozen meatpacking plants across eight states. In Arkansas, the company paid more than $150,000 in fines for employing 10 minors.

According to a press release from the US Department of Labor, the company used children to clean equipment such as head splitters, back saws, and brisket saws using toxic chemicals like ammonia. They were even sometimes assigned overnight shifts.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Hell, let's go way back. 8 year old kids are great in coal mines. Not only can the fit into spaces that full size men can't, but they don't whine and cry about their lungs like the 30 year Olds do.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

The children look overjoyed.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 am
Hell, let's go way back. 8 year old kids are great in coal mines. Not only can the fit into spaces that full size men can't, but they don't whine and cry about their lungs like the 30 year Olds do.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:20 pm
The children look overjoyed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mommamia1217 ... 2776222720
C'mon, it's hard to smile after 12 hours in a coal mine, getting shoved into the shower, being forced into Sunday clothes, then led into a photo op with a chronically belligerent liar.
She'll be so happy with her maintenance crew, now that they can work legally.
Look at the faces of the children. Even they know what's in store...
This is what I thought of:
Those kids look like they just re-calculated their expected lifespans. What the...???
And they put the kids in suits, as though the work the children are doing is corporate in nature. 🤦🏼‍♀️
billy.pilgrim tweeted:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"In them old cotton fields back home..."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:20 pm
"In them old cotton fields back home..."

https://freedomhouse.org/article/clues- ... on-harvest

"Look to the Cotton Harvest
Longtime Uzbek president Islam Karimov is dead, but the autocratic regime he built lives on. The country’s vital cotton industry illustrates how the system operates, and why it is unlikely to change."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Way down yonder in Uzbekinstan,
just about a mile from Turkmenistan,
in them old cotton fields back home.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sanders signs Arkansas trans care malpractice bill into law

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:

RepuQ Sen. Gary Stubblefield: “I know we did what we thought was best for our children.”

Culture warriors Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the GQP don't care an iota about the children of Arkansas. While their creepy Big Brother is busy inserting his filthy hands into the very private decisions of a tiny minority of families and their doctors, how are Arkansas kids really doing?

40th WORST for Gun Violence.
"Child and Teen Gun Deaths by State" (Children’s Defense Fund)

49th WORST for Children Living in Food Insecure Households
"Child Hunger and Obesity" (Children’s Defense Fund)

46th WORST child health.
"Health rank in the United States" (Annie E. Casey Foundation)

40th WORST for pre-k to 12th grade public education.
"RANKED: The strength of the public education system in every US state, from worst to best" (Insider/US News and World Report)

47th WORST child poverty.
"Table 4: Poor and Extremely Poor Children by Age" (Children’s Defense Fund)

43rd WORST overall well-being of the nation's children - Economic, Education, Health, Family & Community.
"KIDS COUNT overall rank in the United States" (Annie E. Casey Foundation)

The RepuQs LIE. They are exploiting the most vulnerable, trans kids, when in reality their track record shows that they despise children.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Trumping trump.

Padawan learned well.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

And to think, we attack some women for being gold-diggees

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:52 am
"he’s not taking a salary," but maybe The Natural State Advisory Council presents opportunities for grift.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:55 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
"he’s not taking a salary," but maybe The Natural State Advisory Council presents opportunities for grift.
Simple test

He married for:

A. Beauty and Love

B. Money and Money

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:55 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Simple test

He married for:

A. Beauty and Love

B. Money and Money
Ah, I thought you were referring to the council appointment.

Could be, her net worth at 40 is supposedly $1.5 Million, but she was only 27 when they married. He's a good looking guy, could he have done better? -0-? She has not aged well:

Mike Huckabee Net Worth $18 Million. He's 67 and has a wife and 3 kids including Sarah.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Maybe at some point in the past she was not a bloated nonsensical treacherous fucking liar and was instead an attractive slim woman who walked like she had a mission to have some fun. But I doubt it. Whatever happened to that guy, I say better him than me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:37 pm
Maybe at some point in the past she was not a bloated nonsensical treacherous fucking liar and was instead an attractive slim woman who walked like she had a mission to have some fun. But I doubt it. Whatever happened to that guy, I say better him than me.
:lol:

It's weird, I can't find any young Sarah Huckabee pics, not even of her wedding. Mike must have kept his family private until Dolt .45 came along.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:48 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

It's weird, I can't find any young Sarah Huckabee pics, not even of her wedding. Mike must have kept his family private until Dolt .45 came along.
You asked...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:48 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

You asked...
https://netstorage-legit.akamaized.net/ ... mwidth=720
She does not look horrid in that pic, but it looks like it's 2018. Thanks for trying.

1312. ETTD.